Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the game is better than it's ever been. the only way previous expansions could be considered better is if the same features available today were available then. if you pulled some time travel trickery like that then you could make an argument for previous expansions being better.

as they were? no, they weren't better than MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best lore expansion: Wrath
    Best endgame expansion: TBC
    Cata made a ton of improvements to mechanics and leveling.
    MoP is pretty middle of the road for all things PVE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzFanboyForever View Post
    Next X-Pack ppl will say "MoP was the best X-Pack ever, please blizz give us MoP-Servers". For me MoP actually IS the best game ever made. Lets Face it, Classic - Cataclysm is just nostalgia...who really would want the old skill system back or the hardcore only Raids for no-lifers...? No one. Id really miss the raidfinder because you can just queue with one click if you want to do raids and leave it without getting flame/hated on your server to the end of times
    i would like it back, and loads others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    I have no idea if youre agreeing with me or not, i cant read the tone of your post.

Anyway, prior to 5.2 a LOT of reputations gave gear upgrades. If you wanted those upgrades, you'd do dailies and get charms anyway. The reputations daily grind and elder charms provide the same benefit, better gear for raiding. If youre not going to do one, whats the point of doing the other?
    Reputations were always optional in preparation for raiding. That is not the case now. In Cataclysm it was optional, so why is it necessary now?

As far as raids go, sure why not.

As far as everything else in PvE excluding reputation grinds

BC still wins. The heroics were challenging, unforgiving. The questing even though was bland to some, the story was generally good. Just in general it was better. The raiding in BC wasn't horrible, it was just somewhat broken, and bug fixes were needed on a regular basis early on in tier 5 & tier 6. It also favored specific comps & needs, which is fine, but I prefer the curretn model.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play the game for the right reasons, then yeah. I think its the best so far. Good story & Lore + Tons of stuff to do.

you sir are way off cata was by far the worst xpack
    Considering that cata gave us Transmog and LFR, I'd say Cata is on the top for me.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    The raiding content is great, but LFR is literally the worst bullsh*t there could ever be implemented in an MMO. Nothing is more destructive to the community and, apparently, the number of subscribers.

Reading through the responses in this thread, I more readily understand why WoW has lost half of it's maximum subscriber base. The culture Blizzard has created with the "give everyone everything with minimal effort" has essentially ruined the meaning, motivation and overall experience of the game. Do you really think an xpack is "better" because it is "more accessible?" That's like saying "Honda Civics are better than BMWs or Porsches because they're more accessible." The argument doesn't make sense because that's not how the real world works. Greater access devalues a product. It's economics 101.

TBC was definitely the best WoW xpack because it was actually a game that challenged the player base - and that challenge is important. After all, climbing Everest means something. Walking outside to fetch the mail - that's your definition of a "challenge" if you believe MoP or Cata is tops.

WoW's PvE was used to consist from several parts, like leveling, doing dungeons, playing/testing various unusual specs, raiding, etc. Out of those parts, which are still coherent and cohesive? Which part wasn't sacrificed or made infinitely inferior to raiding or providing infinitely worse rewards, with raiding itself becoming heavily Arcade-based?

If PvE will be even more "amazing" in next expansion than now, I think I will pass on it even if it will feature Sargeras.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzFanboyForever View Post
    Next X-Pack ppl will say "MoP was the best X-Pack ever, please blizz give us MoP-Servers".
    I don't currently see people saying "Cata was the best X-Pack ever, please blizz give us Cata-servers".
    Good story & Lore + Tons of stuff to do.
    MoP's storyline is nothing to write home about. Too much based on pop-culture and religion. Perhaps I am too spoiled by earlier WoW and storylines in other games (including many Asian ones), but I expected it to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    Tanks proved on Stone Guards that they can't handle anything more complicated.
    This 1,000,000 times this!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    This 1,000,000 times this!!!!!!!
    Get non-retarded tanks or make sure that they understand the abilities of the boss. Problem solved.

MoP is competitively as well as letting everyone "see" all content and thus reaching both ways without compleatly removing exclusivity (Cutting edge: fos) probably the best expansion. Raids have been solid - but questing and lorewise it doesn't come close to Wrath. Arthas storyarc was a great one to follow and really got me into the game after being a scrub loling around in Outlands.

In Order:

TBC
    Wrath
    MoP
    Vanilla
    Cata

If you disagree you're obviously corrupted... like in most WoW lore.

Best PVE expansion:
    Quality: MoP - without a doubt the most and best content of all xpacs.
    Boss Mechanics: Wrath, Cata or MoP - amazing boss mechanics began with Ulduar.
    Player Skill: MoP- with all the RNG procs, RNG Mechanics, Tank active mitigation and non-spammy healers, MoP by far is the most demanding of players. (exception Sunwell)
    Fun to Play: Wrath, Cata or MoP- Talent changes and spec overhauls have greatly improved gameplay since BC.
    Overall Tone: BC, Wrath or even Cata (demon wars are badass)... MoP has darkened up quite a bit-- SoO will decide how fluffy Pandaria is to me.

IMO: Cata is the most underrated expansion of the lot. Started as the best xpac, disappointed with firelands, failed in DS --otherwise amazing quality and ultimately gave WoW a facelift. Wrath, basically BC 2.0 but better quality and the emergence of detailed boss mechanics. MoP, the penultimate of all the above. But do I like it better than BC? Vanilla? Wrath? Cata? No. Why? Because it feels so, so sososo so clingy and demanding without providing much in terms of accomplishment. Yes, MoP behaves like a bad girlfriend. No VP gear without dailys, useless vp gear in ToT-VP still required to upgrade gear. Tokens required to gear faster require dailys. Reaching VP cap? Impossible clearing only ToT once. Blizz--"Do what you enjoy." I enjoy raiding can I just do that? "No. Dailys, LFR, Pet Battles, Scenarios, Dungeons--grind these awhile to cap." IMHO in terms of a polished playable game... I HAVE to go with Cata. BC does not cut it-- too much was unbalanced, unpolished, left out. (Sue me, I played and leveled a Druid as my main in BC.)

15+ Year Old Account
    I think, as a matter of personal opinion, that WotLK had better individual fights, but as a whole MoP is better.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account
    Without a doubt, Mists of Pandaria has the best questing and exploration the game has ever had.

End game also easily has the largest variety of content, but I the various reputation grinds were both too daily quest heavy (too many dailies for each faction on each day, not enough quest variety early in the rep grinds) and too incentivised (rep rewards as gear progression). What I'd like to see is for the reputation grinds to be a bit more optional beyond, say, Honored, and for there to be a greater variety in grind types (daily quests, turn-ins, mob killing, scenarios, dungeons, exploration, etc.). That way you're encouraged to participate in various forms of content rather than just dailies.

Dungeons and raids are, well, dungeons and raids. You kill trash, you kill bosses, you get loot. I personally really enjoyed the raids, but haven't dabbled in the dungeons much, as they sorta lost relevance in progression. Scenarios are a cool concept but I don't think they really hit the sweet spot they were after (in between quest and dungeon difficulty). They're great as a way to convey story, though.

Comparing it objectively -- as objectively as I can -- I would say overall that the expansion is probably the best, just in terms of sheer content quality and variety. Other expansions beat it out in individual areas, but the overall experience this time around has so much more to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    IMO: Cata is the most underrated expansion of the lot.
    I can agree with this part at least.

If they'd not made the Cata heroics so brutal at the start (just a little easier, not as easy as they became after the nerfs), added a few more bosses to Firelands (or released two raids in one tier - aka Abysal Maw) and Dragon Soul, and added another Deathwing fight where we actually fight him and not a bunch of adds (heck, even if it was Heroic Only) I think more people would consider it the best expansion.

Tier 11 was mostly fantastic, and varied. Tier 12 was solid, but a bit short. Tier 13 had some excellent boss fights, but lacked in length and design while also going on for far too long and having a weak final boss.

Quality-wise then yes, but for most accessible and fun, Wrath still is the best in that regard. Other than ToC which was lame (let me clarify: What was lame was having that be IT. It would have been fine alongside another raid), and them adding the badges for heroics (still a bad idea) Wrath was the perfect mix of good raids that were accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterAU View Post
    Is Mists of Pandaria the greatest raiding expansion ever created? Without a doubt. Please keep in mind that I'm not sure what LFR is like since I avoided it like the plague, but heroic modes have been awesome!

We've had Tier 14 which was a solid tier, nothing amazing but it was a good tier.
    Then we've had Tier 15 which has an awesome raid with 13 amazing really cool bosses. (Ra-den wasn't amazing but I thought it was okay)
    Now Siege of Orgrimmar is shaping up to be another one of the best raids ever made, with 14 really cool bosses!

Going under the assumption that SoO won't be another DS, Would you guys agree that MoP has been the best raiding expansion? I'm so fucking happy with it, they've done a complete 180 from Cataclysm.

(Before people ask, yes I did play TBC, it wasn't that good, SSC and Hyjal were awful raids, though I didn't clear sunwell pre-nerf so idk if my opinion counts)
    Not even close.

Not even remotely close.

Doesn't stand a chance when put up against TBC content.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drnkn View Post
    i love to say, if u raid sw @bc....it was the best.
    kill the twins (the guild destroyers....best feeling)
    twins was THE guild destroyer in swp????? wut?? Brutallus and muru??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    In Order:

TBC
    Wrath
    MoP
    Vanilla
    Cata

If you disagree you're obviously corrupted... like in most WoW lore.
    how can you rate wrath above MoP for pve content when it had naxx, totc and halion? like actually how?
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

it's the worst pve expansion...the best was Cata by far.