View Poll Results: We NEED new character models ASAP!

Voters
382. This poll is closed
  • Yes! I want new vanilla models immediately!

338 88.48%
  • No! We can wait a bit longer. I'd prefer 2 new races instead.

44 11.52%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    I want new vanilla and bc models. Top pirority over any graphical upgrades for me. I bet it is also a mayor turn off for new players. They see a cg trailer than log in and 10 year old models welcome them... Even if the endgame was the best thing in the world, most of them won't last long enough to see that. If I was new to wow I would be really disappointed as the character creation. Especially after playing a bit of tera.

I really hope new models mean new 3D gear aswell. I've had enough of my body fit pants and chests. Same goes for gloves and boots models. They use the same ones for all the different gears. There are like 5 boots in the game reskinned thousands of times :/
    Just look at Tyrande's gear for example. Give those deatails to player gears!
    Exactly. Those models impressed us in 2004, but they don't impress anyone in 2013. I would also say that the time spent trying to develop new races that most players won't even use is better spent on making the old models look as good as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Exactly. Those models impressed us in 2004, but they don't impress anyone in 2013. I would also say that the time spent trying to develop new races that most players won't even use is better spent on making the old models look as good as possible.
    I know the discussion here is about new races OR new models but I'd like to point out that the one thing MOST players don't really concern themselves with now is a new CLASS.

I would say that we need neither a new race nor a new class next expansion. All it should do is make everything that's already in this game better. Like tBC level focus on professions or mid-late WotLK level focus on streamlining talents/classes. And of course new character models.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Now for the right thread:

Put it this way.

Would you sooner be playing lara croft from PS1 triangle shaped boob era, or as he is in gaming now?

By standard, of today, wow desperately needs these updates.
    #boycottchina

The rate at which they make these models is going to make the first ones completed outdated by the time the last ones are finished...

Give me gameplay over graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    You showed the 5.3 model. Garrosh has an even newer model for 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So would you rather use the 98 model for the new Tomb Raider game that came out this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

Bring on the new models. I think a new race/class is also something that would be nice to have, something I hope that will join, but right now, for me, next expansion requires the new player models at the very least. Aside from that, new races/classes would be a nice addition, but not to the point of being mandatory to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So would you rather use the 98 model for the new Tomb Raider game that came out this year?
    If it became a choice between graphics and gameplay yes I would.

We need a third option in this poll:

c) neither, lets focus on amazingly good 90-100 content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    We need a third option in this poll:

c) neither, lets focus on amazingly good 90-100 content instead.
    Too bad it would be the least voted option. Gamers these days believe that all that makes a great game is stunning visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Now for the right thread:

Put it this way.

Would you sooner be playing lara croft from PS1 triangle shaped boob era, or as he is in gaming now?

By standard, of today, wow desperately needs these updates.
    The neat thing is that these updates that folks pine for are going to be appreciated for about 5 minutes. Then you'll put armor on, zoom out, and never give a second thought to them again.

10+ Year Old Account

I would rather get new models then a new race for sure. I'd love to not have to cringe when I wear one of my fav xmog helms that shows the face. And overall a new forsaken model could be so awesome

Deleted
    I knew it had to be you.

OT: I vote for Sharrosh to be the new orc model.

The neat thing is that these updates that folks pine for are going to be appreciated for about 5 minutes. Then you'll put armor on, zoom out, and never give a second thought to them again.
    So you can predict the future? Nope. You are still incorrect. Even if I am the only one, I will appreciate them for as long as I play and the graphical discrepancy doesn't become as big as it is now. Then again, I do role-play.

Too bad it would be the least voted option. Gamers these days believe that all that makes a great game is stunning visuals.

Yes, because we get model updates every few weeks or something, ROFL.

As someone that likes these "little" things yeah it does matter to me. I care how my character looks.

Not to mention the guys at Goldshire are gonna love this.

Deleted
    Ok with this trailer i now have enough reason to kill Garrosh, he possibly killed Taran Zhu one of my favorite pandaren

I'd like new character models but lets face it.... when you are actually playing the game how often do you actually see the detail of your characters face ? You spend the whole time you are actually playing the game looking at the back of your characters head and so detail of the face is pretty pointless.

The only time improved character detail is going to be noticed is when you are afking in cities staring at your character or on the login screen,
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-08-15 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I'd like new character models but lets face it.... when you are actually playing the game how often do you actually see the detail of your characters face ? You spend the whole time you are actually playing the game looking at the back of your characters head and so detail of the face is pretty pointless.

I wonder when people are gonna stop using that argument.. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that, not long after the new models, they'll also make new geosets, 3D models for armor because the new player models will very likely be more compatible with that (plus, if they wanted to do it anyway, they'd have to wait for the overhaul to avoid having to update the armor again when the new player models hit)

Plus, I'd like to be able to play without a helm covering my character's pixel-y head.

But eh, for me, there are only positives. I'm a role-player. I spend a lot of time on my character.

Either way, if aesthetic value did not matter, then why transmog anyway?