View Poll Results: We NEED new character models ASAP!

Voters
382. This poll is closed
  • Yes! I want new vanilla models immediately!

338 88.48%
  • No! We can wait a bit longer. I'd prefer 2 new races instead.

44 11.52%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Lol no, Blizzard has been promising new models since wotlk... still hasn't happened. They always say they are working on it... yet it always vanishes. When you call them out on it you just get the reply "WHAT NEW FEATURE WOULD YOU GIVE UP? HUH? WHICH ONE" To which I reply "LFR"
    Wrong, they said it was something they wanted to do since wotlk, since cata its be confirmed multiple times that it is a priority and they have been working on them for quite a while.

What's most "staggering" to me is that he looks most awesome in WotLK, imho, and really, really, pewpy in Cata. WTF happened there?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

No, it shows only a notable lore character with a significant storyline getting updates.
    Do the player races NEED new models ?
    No.
    Do players WANT new models ?
    Yes, many do.

That is a significant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No, it shows only a notable lore character with a significant storyline getting updates.
    No.
    Yes, many do.

I disagree, the quality of vanilla and even BC models is terrible. With the competition in the MMO market these days they do NEED new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    I disagree, the quality of vanilla and even BC models is terrible. With the competition in the MMO market these days they do NEED new models.
    Competition? Are you aware that most MMO's released since 2004 have looked better than WoW yet that hasn't caused them to dethrone WoW yet? People still seem to be confusing need and want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Uhm, we know? Vanilla is getting updated..taking priority over everything else.
    What he said. I really can't see the point in this thread because they are already taking priority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Lol no, Blizzard has been promising new models since wotlk... still hasn't happened. They always say they are working on it... yet it always vanishes. When you call them out on it you just get the reply "WHAT NEW FEATURE WOULD YOU GIVE UP? HUH? WHICH ONE" To which I reply "LFR"
    Mark my word. The new models are already finished they are just holding them back for a selling point for next expansion. Blizzard isn't dumb. They can see the extra expansion sales just from having new race models come with it.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Competition? Are you aware that most MMO's released since 2004 have looked better than WoW yet that hasn't caused them to dethrone WoW yet? People still seem to be confusing need and want.
    You dont have to dethrone WoW to be competition, with the large number of MMOs on the market, and many of them being decent, that means WoW does have a lot of competition to think about. 400K players playing another MMO is potentially 400K not playing WoW(potentially meaning some could be playing both). You dont stay at the top by ignoring the competition just because they dont destroy your business.

Edit: In an MMORPG your character is a major part of the game, when everyone else has better looking characters that your game you dont just ignore it because "you are number 1 and dominate the genre" you update them to be competitive so you dont lose the dominating position.
    Last edited by Ineluki; 2013-08-16 at 01:04 AM.

No.
    Yes, many do.

Nice try, but no.

Nothing in a video game is inherently NEEDED. The need for things in a game is bred by a "want"/desire. Therefore, players need the models just as much as they need new raids. In other words: they need neither. They want both.

The "want, not need" argument is really damn incorrect when it comes to something we don't need in the first place.

Yes because obviously Blizzard had to strain their budget and every resource for at least two years now, and they will just barely manage to update the models in time for the next expansion marketing to begin.

No way they could also squeeze in one or two more races in time. We should be thankful to have a game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Nothing in a video game is inherently NEEDED. The need for things in a game is bred by a "want"/desire. Therefore, players need the models just as much as they need new raids. In other words: they need neither. They want both.
    There are changes which are fixing something inherently broken.
    Those can be really what you could call needed, whether you wish to use the term or not.
    There are changes which are preferable but desired more than are actually fixing something.
    New models are such a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yes because obviously Blizzard had to strain their budget and every resource for at least two years now, and they will just barely manage to update the models in time for the next expansion marketing to begin.

No way they could also squeeze in one or two more races in time. We should be thankful to have a game at all.
    Player race models have to take into account the behaviour of every possible piece of armor, weapon, mount, vehicle, emotes that they can utilise.
    It is not trivial by any means, as multiple previous fixes for specific issues like pauldrons have indicated.

There are changes which are fixing something inherently broken.
    Those can be really what you could call needed, whether you wish to use the term or not.
    There are changes which are preferable but desired more than are actually fixing something.
    New models are such a change.

Player race models have to take into account the behaviour of every possible piece of armor, weapon, mount, vehicle, emotes that they can utilise.
    It is not trivial by any means, as multiple previous fixes for specific issues like pauldrons have indicated.

No. Your argument just falls to shambles entirely.

Games are a form of entertainment. Entertainment is not a necessity, but a desire, a quality of life improvement.

MMOs are that way too, by extension.

Raids are also NOT a necessity.

See how you can break -anything- WoW down to "not required" if you start using that argument? So please don't. A large group wanting something is WoW's version of "needing" it. :P

Edit: In an MMORPG your character is a major part of the game, when everyone else has better looking characters that your game you dont just ignore it because "you are number 1 and dominate the genre" you update them to be competitive so you dont lose the dominating position.
    In a pen and paper RPG your character is a major part of the game but we never stopped playing D&D because little Jimmy's miniature was better than ours.

Why not both

In a pen and paper RPG your character is a major part of the game but we never stopped playing D&D because little Jimmy's miniature was better than ours.
    That has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Please try and reread what I said and comprehend it. Its all about the business of selling your game...

See how you can break -anything- WoW down to "not required" if you start using that argument? So please don't. A large group wanting something is WoW's version of "needing" it. :P
    I'd suggest learning the difference between those two words.

I'd suggest learning the difference between those two words.

Actually, I think you should.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    if they can do both, and do them well, not half ass one or the other, sure. But their rhetoric when asked about anything has been "what are you willing to sacrifice?" and this poll makes the answer clear, at least from the users here. We are willing to sacrifice a new class and/or two new races to have the old ones updated and brought to a standard ahead of what Pandaren and Worgen/Goblin are at.
    Well if they give us new models they need to update goblins and worgens too, and i think blizz can do new models and new classes

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Let's not underestimate the laziness that Blizzard apparently seems to have... but yes, I expect Blizzcon to have the updated WoW race models.
    ? lol What a random insult.

That has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Please try and reread what I said and comprehend it. Its all about the business of selling your game...
    You believe that what your character looks like is the central part of an RPG. It's not. It's the story, the experience, the camaraderie. If it were what your character looked like the competition that has been released after 2004 would have more numbers than WoW but they clearly don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I think you should.
    I already know that want =/= need.

You believe that what your character looks like is the central part of an RPG. It's not. It's the story, the experience, the camaraderie. If it were what your character looked like the competition that has been released after 2004 would have more numbers than WoW but they clearly don't.

- - - Updated - - -

I already know that want =/= need.

And so do I. And nothing in a game, nor the game itself is NEEDED. Making a game caters to the wants of people who seek entertainment in itself.