Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are making him out to be way more than he actually is, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I give it a week
    Im guessing a few days, a week seems too long. depending on QQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Your also forgetting about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    This new world boss, Ordos, provides a few unique challenges. For starters, to even reach Ordos, you must have received the final Legendary cloak from Wrathion on any of your characters. In addition, once the battle has begun, players will not be allowed to enter or leave the Ordon sanctuary where the boss resides. Good luck!
    If I'm not mistaken the graveyard is outside the sanctuary, meaning if you die...your not coming back in until your raid wipes, kills him or get rezzed.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Deleted
    All this will be up to....3th week
    Blizzard dint learn their lesson from Oondastra.What is the point to go and kill some random world boss when i have more gear that he can provide to me.Also about cloak thing its account-wide so you need it on one character to can get the full access to the boss with all others who wont be so much badass geared

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    Your also forgetting about this:

If I'm not mistaken the graveyard is outside the sanctuary, meaning if you die...your not coming back in until your raid wipes, kills him or get rezzed.
    You beat me to it. People thinking zerging is possible. Guess again. Also if you have two raids forming you can't just join in. Say two groups are forming and group 1 pulls early... then group 2 can't join halfway through to save the day. This fight will most likely be hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    My opinion? It will be nerfed just like Oondasta and it will be a joke as usual lol
    Seriously Blizzard needs to put there foot down, I hate when things get nerfed because people whine its to hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    1. Raids will be few and far between because of the strict entry requirement, as well as the fact that because Timeless Isle is filled with hard elite mobs and is PvP intensive, getting to him is even more difficult.
    Everyone who is only half serious about getting the legendary cloak will have it day one of the patch since this patch's contribution to the legendary chain is almost nothing.

It's not at all PVP intensive if your not on a PVP server.

Getting to him is simple, did you forget about warlock summons?

(interestingly though, fellow players are allowed to help kill you during this fight through the use of this).
    The only people using that item during a raid would be people that are generally referred to as dicks. The vast majority will want to focus the boss down and get their loot. =/

With his enormous tank, highly regenerative healing, and absolutely devastating abilities, very few challengers will be able to live long enough to bring him down before his soul-crushing wipe takes place.
    With connected realms going live shortly after the patch even current low pop servers will not have a problem with zerging it like everyone else. Even if they block GY rezzing there's nothing to stop the zerg of getting multiple raids there at the start.
    Last edited by Starscreamer; 2013-08-18 at 06:59 AM.

Same thing will happen as Oon. Grab a ton of people and zerg, cause enough lag to make the boss do nothing, gg.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Seriously Blizzard needs to put there foot down, I hate when things get nerfed because people whine its to hard.
    Yeah, I hate when things get nerfed because Blizzard planned for X people to participate, and X/10 did.

Deleted
    It have one wicked modell though. :>

Let see if he can fly, cause Red Bull give you wings.

Censer trolling shouldn't be a problem because:

1. If you use it at the boss, you drop to 10% of your health.
    2. If you use it before running in, a raid could easily set guards at the entrance to watch for you.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    A) He has about the same amount of health as Oondasta, more or less. Taking him down before his hard enrage is NOT an issue.

B) His million damage shared-AoE attack is about 40k damage per hit on a 40 man raid.

C) His fiery orbs will most likely not cause any major problem due to the sheer amount of ppl around, unless they persist through the entire fight.

The only problem I forsee is that living-bomb type spell that explodes allies. There is always that one person who fucks up simple mechanics in a big raid.

Most of your so-called "facts" really arent facts at all. The PvP is only enabled on PvP realms, where you would have to deal with the opposite faction coming in for a kill anyway. Elites are found in bushels on the Isle of Giants, some of which can easily wipe a group (Big T-rexes adding in another AoE interupt).

A challenging fight, yes. It is, however, a fight that can be done as long as the players are competent- 5 minute enrage timer for his health, using a 40 man group, is very easy unless you have a full group of 450 ilvl alts.
    Math is hard....5mil divided by 40 = 125k....not 40k

If you kill your allies on Ordos you'll be kicked out the group and they will kill you immediately. (10% HP is nothing)

Deleted
    Umm... You can't attack players who are in the same raid as you even after using Censer.
    You might ditch the group, but...

a) 1 vs 39 you won't have a chance killing anyone with the healers backing them up.
    b) you will die almost instantly.
    c) you might be ported out once you leave the group.

Deleted
    Well this is going to up my ilv
    Got 530 currently with my lfr scrub gear
    He cant be that hard, i mean 40 players, what could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    My opinion? It will be nerfed just like Oondasta and it will be a joke as usual lol
    Exactly. Give it a month, tops.

Lots of things I don't like about this boss:

-Same faction griefing
    -The long spawn timer (several hours some blue said)
    -Not being able to enter once the battle starts (so everyone camps forever until the server reaches critical mass and crashes, resetting the long spawn timer)

The temporary bandaid fix will be to do it on dead servers via CRZ like early Oondasta, joining via openraid or having a thread where people can offer their btag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Lots of things I don't like about this boss:

-Same faction griefing
    -The long spawn timer (several hours some blue said)
    -Not being able to enter once the battle starts (so everyone camps forever until the server reaches critical mass and crashes, resetting the long spawn timer)

The temporary bandaid fix will be to do it on dead servers via CRZ like early Oondasta, joining via openraid or having a thread where people can offer their btag.
    except that with connected realms there is likely no chance to have a truly dead realm for a while

MrExcelion brings some very valid points (I am not on PTR, so some of these sound new to me).

They should just make "Lair of Ordos" raid instance. Can't enter without completing legendary cloak quest-line (if that's a really necessary pre-requisite).

Voila! All problems solved!

Current design for Ordos is a recipe for disaster. There was a reason why EQ was failing with it's raids - that's because non-instanced raid bosses weren't really working out well. Why Blizzard should repeat 10 years old mistakes, I just don't understand, as also I can't understand some people's obsession with world bosses. If to make world boss - it should have short respawn timer, and no damn attunements and tricky mechanics (lol what mechanics when fps for most people drops down to oblivion).

10+ Year Old Account
    If I understand the censer correctly... using it on PvE realms doesn't allow you to instantly start attacking anyone you want... it merely makes you a target for people to start attacking, who, if they do indeed attack you, will gain the same "attackable by anyone" standing, just like the Gurubashi arena/Darkmoon Faire deal. So if some guy were to pop it in the raid, he'd either run around and get owned by the boss, or would have one guy switch target to him and destroy him instantly. He wouldn't be able to Leeroy in and fear everyone, because the fear wouldn't affect anyone not also able to be universally attacked.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-18 at 08:51 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.