Should I spend it?

Hello fellow WoW-players!

I was meaning to ask, I've been doing a lot of research coming patch 5.4 and been planning to save my raid points for this trinket (we use raid points as currency, you get one point each raid you attend). I've read a lot on the discussions here and will probs go for that and the amp trinket. Now, I have a really, really shitty weapon though, which is the ToES normal mode Shin'ka. I have been REALLY unlucky with drops... Should I go into SoO with this weapon, saving my 6+ raid points and assuring I get the trinket (cd one, because I assume there will be a lot of competition with this one), or should I spend my raid points if Council drops Zerat? How detrimental is Shin'ka to my DPS?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lperz/advanced

To sum it up: Save raid points to assure I get the CD trinket, since I will have more than everyone else, or spend them on a new weapon in ToT because going into SoO with Shin'ka would be very detrimental to my DPS.

I hope I've been clear enough. Thanks in advance!

Best regards, André
    Last edited by MegaKeeperMan; 2013-08-25 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sha of pride drops a nice weapon early on: Greatsword of Pride's Fall. It'll hold you off until the BiS weapon:Hellscream's Decapitator.

Quote Originally Posted by shells View Post
    Sha of pride drops a nice weapon early on: Greatsword of Pride's Fall. It'll hold you off until the BiS weapon:Hellscream's Decapitator.
    Is that last one really a boa or a typo??

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Is that last one really a boa or a typo??
    it is really a boa

Quote Originally Posted by Dero View Post
    it is really a boa
    So is the idea to make 5.4 more friendly towards alts or something

OP: Do you think your raid group will be killing Garrosh relatively quickly? If so, I'd suggest waiting until then so you can have a chance (or is it guaranteed?) at a free BoA 561 weapon, or whatever ilvl his items are.

If that's not likely to be the case (which, if you're still using such an old weapon, is going to be my guess), then spend your points on a weapon before anything else. Oh, and you could also try for a coin roll.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-08-26 at 04:29 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I think a large portion matters on how much you have and how much you'll earn before the trinket drops and how much a ToT weapon is going to cost you. if you have 10 points and the weap is going to cost 1, because no one else needs it, well hot damn snag that. but if you have 10 and its going to cost 6, i'd wait. Another thing to do is start simming your char with the trinket and the weapon and see which gains more value for you and invest the majority of your points into that. You can probably also find a ToT pug and Flex next patch to fill both slots. so who knows.

Flex Greatsword of Pride's Fall and even LFR Greatsword of Pride's Fall are going to be better than normal council. So as long as you aren't getting beat up for low dps in your raid, I would wait and take your chances on getting a weapon in 5.4. Also if the weapon drops in normal for you, spend your raid points on it, would be huge for you if you don't have any luck in flex or lfr.

Another thing to consider is the fact that DW is looking to be superior to 2hfrost and UH next patch, it might be worth considering those weapons (and in this case the amp trinket is better than the cd reduc one (at 553).

Deleted
    I should point out that the BOA weapons from Garrosh are PERSONAL loot - like LFR on ANY MODE. If you kill it on heroic, you have a small personal roll to get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update to my original post... The Garrosh weapons can't be upgraded from what I can see on wowdb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shells View Post
    Update to my original post... The Garrosh weapons can't be upgraded from what I can see on wowdb.
    The ilvl is equivalent to 2/2 upgraded though.

Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    The ilvl is equivalent to 2/2 upgraded though.
    A 2/2 Warforged Normal/Heroic weapon will beat a Normal/Heroic Heirloom weapon since the Heirloom weapons can not be Warforged nor upgraded (567/580 versus 561/574). For non-warforged gear then 2/2 weapons will be practically identical to Heirloom weapons aside from gems and secondary stats.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-09-02 at 02:11 PM.

Deleted
    I never mentioned warforged, but 2/2 upgrade normal/heroic are equivalent to the heirloom normal/heroic. That was all I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    So is the idea to make 5.4 more friendly towards alts or something
    In a recent interview with German site Vanion, Blizzard addressed that question:

Players invest a lot of time into the last boss of an expansion, but the awesome gear that they got is replaced fairly quickly in the next expansion. The heirloom weapons from Garrosh are an attempt to compensate for that, as they will usually be the best leveling weapon you can get.
    via
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Fan-Art-Update Published on 2013-09-01 02:35 PM

Hold on, I thought the weapons are BoA from LFR only. Flex Normal heroic won't be heirloom and could be TF and upgraded. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    Hold on, I thought the weapons are BoA from LFR only. Flex Normal heroic won't be heirloom and could be TF and upgraded. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?
    IIRC the BOA weapons don't even drop in LFR - they're Flex-Normal-HC only (could be wrong on this but http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=105692/h...tator#see-also does not show an LFR version)

They're all heirlooms (check the link above and click on each difficulty version to see the "heirloom" info):

So, no - they can't be upgraded or warforged but they're still damn nice.

It's personal loot - it won't drop from Garrosh's normal loot table and Blizzard have specifically said "the first one you obtain will be for your spec with a chance for them to drop for other specs afterwards"

It makes me think we might have a guaranteed drop on the first kill...
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-09-03 at 02:27 AM.