Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well now it's finally freaking picking up. I was hoping Oliver would bust out some English accent to sound more sinister, but I guess we can't have everything.

SPOILER: Harrison is the real brain surgeon

kinda boring episode but w/e.. its leading up to some action. i miss season 5.. it was awesome seeing dexter help some1 else and also kill people on the fly...

zaks character was a bit of a waste but i can see why they killed him off, the brain surgeon being the son seems a bit stupid though.. too obvious with vogel being a doctor but whatever.. this season has been really lackluster though, not much action.. and dexter making bad choices yet again... still wonder why the neighbor died.. if Oliver really killed her maybe she figured out he was the brain surgeon and then he smashed her head in. who knows.

i wouldnt mind seeing dexter get away with hannah and live in argentina. it'd probly be the best ending.. rather than having them all butchered by the brain surgeon for no reason.

This show is nonsensical now. Why does Harry (AKA Dexter's inner dialogue) seem to think illogical things? Why does Dexter think Hannah staying at Deb's is a good idea? I mean, wtf? How is that not supposed to blow up in his face? How can Dexter think for a second that Vogel isn't crazy, and isn't going to collude with her son now that she knows he's alive?

Why is Dexter doing surveillance on Saxon in broad daylight in plain sight when he knows "the Brain Surgeon" knows who he is?

There are so many ridiculous moments I can't even begin to list them all. Nevermind the fact that reward money is never disbursed if a government agent catches a fugitive, and that a PI would never involve a federal marshal on a tip. Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    A big problem with this season is that it's airing along side the final season of breaking bad, and if you watch both, you sort of want more to happen on Dexter.

Things are happening so slowly that it doesn't feel like it's living up to what a final series should be, especially given the investment in the show and how amazing it has been in the past.
    Hi

I really hope this season ends with some kind of twist, at the moment it's all so obvious, we all knew or had a hunch that Vogel were behind all of this and she had a assistant that helped her kill. And imo if Dexter and Hannah go away together and that's the ending I would be really disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I'm actually fairly certain what wildemu posted a couple of weeks back is what's going to unfold over the next two episodes.
    So far the last 3 episodes have been correct.

While I think that the whole Brain Surgeon being Saxon was sort of lame, the 'NEXT TIME ON DEXTER' has made him seem like his character is actually going to get more associated with it all.
    I'm so keen!

But so, there's no Dexter next week? The website I watch it on says the next episode is on the 8th of September.
    Ugh. So far away.
    labor day for us yanks. However, Breaking Bad has the balls to still air next Sunday.

With Episode 9, apart from Sean-Patrick Flannery, I felt like the actors really plodded along during this episode. Jennifer Carpenter, after having such a strong start to this season, just doesn't look like she's 100% invested since the suicide attempt. Maybe they know the writing is weak? MCH is definitely mailing it in this season, and I kind of don't blame him.

To me, Saxon could be the worst villain in the show apart from the Skinner. He is written putridly, and instead of giving this episode a chance to shed some more light on him, only the surface was barely scratched. I do think episode 10's spoilers are all but certain, and it seems like the surrounding plot points for Episode 11 were seen in the upcoming episodes trailer. The hurricane, and more importantly, there are image stills of the mental asylum where dexter supposedly puts saxon on the table and then leaves.

I really, really hope though that the Deb spoiler is wrong. Saxon is not deserving of such a prominent kill, and Deb has suffered enough. But, it's hard to ignore the strong possibility that it may happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    I really hope this season ends with some kind of twist, at the moment it's all so obvious, we all knew or had a hunch that Vogel were behind all of this and she had a assistant that helped her kill. And imo if Dexter and Hannah go away together and that's the ending I would be really disappointed
    No.
    She wasn't all behind it, and she didn't have an assistant.
    She thought he was dead, and now it's just a mother's love for her son.
    While that last part was expected, if you honestly thought she was the BS then you miss the obvious throws at other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    To me, Saxon could be the worst villain in the show apart from the Skinner. He is written putridly, and instead of giving this episode a chance to shed some more light on him, only the surface was barely scratched. I do think episode 10's spoilers are all but certain, and it seems like the surrounding plot points for Episode 11 were seen in the upcoming episodes trailer. The hurricane, and more importantly, there are image stills of the mental asylum where dexter supposedly puts saxon on the table and then leaves.

I really, really hope though that the Deb spoiler is wrong. Saxon is not deserving of such a prominent kill, and Deb has suffered enough. But, it's hard to ignore the strong possibility that it may happen.
    [/spoiler]
    Every time I relate the Surgeon to someone, it's the Skinner.
    Awkwardly built up, not overall the main focus, and just thrown in there.
    Atleast all wrapped up the Skinner was introduced with the whole thing, so I'm hoping that the same will be said for the Surgeon by the end.
    But then again, I think it's also because we are looking it as this being the last season, and it's just so strange.

And yeah it's actually pretty accurate how the thing you were leaked about is coming true, and with the trailer, like you said, hints even more towards it.
    Something a random on the IGN page picked up was that in one of the last frames of the 'NEXT TIME' dexter is holding a body, where you can see blood, and appears to be mouthing the word 'Hannah' [/spoiler]
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Every time I relate the Surgeon to someone, it's the Skinner.
    Awkwardly built up, not overall the main focus, and just thrown in there.
    Atleast all wrapped up the Skinner was introduced with the whole thing, so I'm hoping that the same will be said for the Surgeon by the end.
    But then again, I think it's also because we are looking it as this being the last season, and it's just so strange.

And yeah it's actually pretty accurate how the thing you were leaked about is coming true, and with the trailer, like you said, hints even more towards it.
    Something a random on the IGN page picked up was that in one of the last frames of the 'NEXT TIME' dexter is holding a body, where you can see blood, and appears to be mouthing the word 'Hannah'
    Hannah is confirmed to be in Episode 12 with image stills, and I think that's the scene where Dexter is carrying Vogel's body. One twist I heard about the hospital scene is that the field marshal will definitely be killed no matter what spoiler you hear, but Deb's fate is differing from source to source. It looks like she will definitely end up in a hospital at least, so there is an opening for her to survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    Hannah is confirmed to be in Episode 12 with image stills, and I think that's the scene where Dexter is carrying Vogel's body. One twist I heard about the hospital scene is that the field marshal will definitely be killed no matter what spoiler you hear, but Deb's fate is differing from source to source. It looks like she will definitely end up in a hospital at least, so there is an opening for her to survive.
    Ah alright. I was just slightly confused. At the end of E09 there was the 'final 3 episode trailer', but when I've tried to google it all I can find is the E10 one. But okay.
    Yesterday I also read something that someone had posted on the IGN page of DexterS09 review, but it's since been deleted, due to 'possible spoilers'.
    But it seemed to basically follow from your previous post, and be episode 12.
    Honestly it was pretty crazy and stupid, and I'd probably cry if it was the truth but (PRETTY UNLIKELY BUT ALONG THE SAME LINES SPOILERS OF Episode 12. Don't look at it if you don't want to be aware of anything;

Don't click on the below spoiler unless you read the top one first, and accept it.

So Vogel is dead, and Deb is dead. Dexter comes back for Saxon after letting him go the first time.
    Dexter and Saxon are together, having a knife fight or whatnot, and suddenly Saxon is shot in the head, and Dexter in the torso.
    The shooter is Lt Matthews, who explains that he knew about Dexter this whole time, assigned him on the blood slides in S2 for a reason, promoted his sister to cover his ass, and other sort of unmeaningful things but add up. He then shoots Dexter in the head.
    It then goes to an epilogue, where Dexter and Deb have their funerals. Dexter isn't found out by anyone, Matthews keeps the secret. The hurricane (now this is an even stupider part) somehow manages to toss up some of the bodies he has buried (yes I know that this is probably the worst point due to how he buried them after S2) and so you here a news report talking about the possible return of the Bay Harbor Butcher. Dexter's boat appears wrecked from the hurricane, but it focuses on the word 'Slice'. Hannah is recaught, but commits suicide and is now dead, and it ends with Matthews talking about adopting Harrison.

Honestly I find it super hard to believe, and while it looks trashy here, it seems much better written by the person who did it originally. But as I said, it's not there anymore, so I just posted what I remembered.
    I'm sure I missed some other epilogue stuff, but eh.

I find it hard to believe it would ever end up like that, but honestly, if it did, my mind would be blown due to the hints of Matthews always knowing, and such.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Ah alright. I was just slightly confused. At the end of E09 there was the 'final 3 episode trailer', but when I've tried to google it all I can find is the E10 one. But okay.
    Yesterday I also read something that someone had posted on the IGN page of DexterS09 review, but it's since been deleted, due to 'possible spoilers'.
    Honestly it was pretty crazy and stupid, and I'd probably cry if it was the truth but (PRETTY UNLIKELY BUT ALONG THE SAME LINES SPOILERS OF Episode 12. Don't look at it if you don't want to be aware of anything;

Don't click on the below spoiler unless you read the top one first, and accept it.

So Vogel is dead, and Deb is dead. Dexter comes back for Saxon after letting him go the first time.
    Dexter and Saxon are together, having a knife fight or whatnot, and suddenly Saxon is shot in the head, and Dexter in the torso.
    The shooter is Lt Matthews, who explains that he knew about Dexter this whole time, assigned him on the blood slides in S2 for a reason, promoted his sister to cover his ass, and other sort of unmeaningful things but add up. He then shoots Dexter in the head.
    It then goes to an epilogue, where Dexter and Deb have their funerals. Dexter isn't found out by anyone, Matthews keeps the secret. The hurricane (now this is an even stupider part) somehow manages to toss up some of the bodies he has buried (yes I know that this is probably the worst point due to how he buried them after S2) and so you here a news report talking about the possible return of the Bay Harbor Butcher. Dexter's boat appears wrecked from the hurricane, but it focuses on the word 'Slice'. Hannah is recaught, but commits suicide and is now dead, and it ends with Matthews talking about adopting Harrison.

Honestly I find it super hard to believe, and while it looks trashy here, it seems much better written by the person who did it originally. But as I said, it's not there anymore, so I just posted what I remembered.

I find it hard to believe it would ever end up like that, but honestly, if it did, my mind would be blown due to the hints of Matthews always knowing, and such.
    I heard the Matthews one as well, and the people behind my sources don't seem to be keen on that happening. Then again, they have no idea how episode 12 unfolds. The hurricane and bodies floating ashore is a pretty neat yet random concept. I think it would be a giant cop-out and lame ending, given the limited screen-time Mathews has received these past few seasons.

I definitely think it will be an ending that won't be satisfying like Six Feet Under. It's kind of late in the game to expose Dexter as the Bay Harbor butcher, so we may be seeing Dexter and Hannah fly off to Argentina after everything unfolds. Dexter's exposure should've happened by now, and it seems like the plot is more centered around shitty Saxon. Dexter and Hannah actually getting away successfully is kind of the conclusion that the fanbase will be divided about. I'm more interested in seeing what happens to Deb at this point, even if she has taken a backseat the past 3 episodes.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think I'd like that, Dexter dying would definitely have an effect on me since I've watched him for so long but he would have to go out in a really good way and I don't think that's it. I hope that really isn't how it ends, although, having something like Matthews knowing the whole time is a good idea. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    My brother was at me to watch this for years. I watched the first episode and turned it off before it even ended it was that bad lol.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    My brother was at me to watch this for years. I watched the first episode and turned it off before it even ended it was that bad lol.
    Reported for flaming/baiting. No need for people like you in here

10+ Year Old Account
    I just found out why I secretly love Hannah.

She's Miranda from ME2!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

She's Miranda from ME2!
    she'll always be Sarah from Chuck to me. She is beautiful, but i really hate hannah's character.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

She's Miranda from ME2!
    I knew I heard her voice before now I know where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Reported for flaming/baiting. No need for people like you in here
    While what you say is true, I started watching Dexter from Season 3, and when I went back to start at the beginning, I'll admit I found the pilot episode extremely boring. If I didn't already enjoy the show, I probably would have stopped there too. Fortunately, the show gets awesome for the next few seasons. Unfortunately, that awesomeness dwindles after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kbyelol View Post
    new show DEBRA
    I keep hearing people talk about a Debra spin off, but i'd much rather see a Joey Quinn spin off. A good guy tryign to do what is right, but being a bad cop. So much more interesting.

Keep Masuka & Angel around as well.
    Hi