Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    The trademark seems to have been removed. Or are they simply updating the status?
    I dunno, the servers have been giving me a lot of error messages for the last half hour. Could be maintenance, the application could be updated, or it could have finally been purged.

I directly referenced Blizzard Entertainment and TDB's application number in one of my emails just to see if they might answer me directly regarding it without having to fax them, but they completely ignored the question. Maybe I tipped them off. xD

If it's been purged then I'll change the title of the thread, and I'll be the first to admit I was wrong for whatever that's worth. Tbh if this is fake I'm shocked that Blizzard let a hoax go this far.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-08-28 at 10:59 AM.

It's really gone from the trademarks site... Interesting!

Omg lol. D4NNYB0Y what did you do XD
    Was it really false and they discovered it from your tip??
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

The Dark Below Europe Trademark and US trademark have been Removed! Hoax or Blizz F'ing with us?!?!

There. Never. Was. A. US. Trademark.

Jesus get that through your thick skulls XD
    Xinjun

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amywinehouse View Post
    Guess my hope for The Emerald Dream raid to come to life is gone =/
    Wasn't that gone when they released the Novel?.. to many people hold on to this emerald dream while IMO it sounds like the most boring story ever to re-re visit Azeroth in a green paradise full of flowers and a angry boo-man... <-- don't deny it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    There. Never. Was. A. US. Trademark.

Jesus get that through your thick skulls XD
    what? so is this confirmed fake or what?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what? so is this confirmed fake or what?

Dunno. It's starting to look that way. I just keep correcting the people who talk about the US site for the sake of accurate information.
    Xinjun

For the sake of accurate information, it was filed and searchable on US sites for 1 day. Less than a day actually. Then it was taken down, and 3 days later popped up on EU sites. Now gone from there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherfork View Post
    For the sake of accurate information, it was filed and searchable on US sites for 1 day. Less than a day actually. Then it was taken down, and 3 days later popped up on EU sites. Now gone from there as well.
    No, it wasn't. It was never on TESS. The only indication we have had of it being in the US is the filled out TEAS application with no confirmation that it was ever submitted.
    Xinjun

IT WAS SEARCHABLE ON TESS FOR LESS THAN A DAY. Good christ, searched for it myself.

Er.. since your other thread appears to be gone now.. my question posted was: You found it on USPTO on August 12th?
    Xinjun

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say if it is really gone is. LMMFAO

But lets give it a few hours to see if it might be a bug.

USPTO, which links to TESS to search, yes. Briefly it was there. Them MMO broke the story, and shortly later it was deleted. But it WAS filed. then 2-3 days later, it showed up on EU site.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherfork View Post
    USPTO, which links to TESS to search, yes. Briefly it was there. Them MMO broke the story, and shortly later it was deleted. But it WAS filed. then 2-3 days later, it showed up on EU site.
    Interesting, thanks. This is the first occurance I have seen of anyone claiming to have actually found it on USPTO/TESS at any time. I suppose I must retract my prior statments.
    Xinjun

I have a habit of checking for blizz marks each morning. Have done so since wrath. Saw it before MMO, but I think their exposure caused the mark to be retracted.

Let me say this though. If it is blizz, they are either changing the name, or filing somewhere different (swaziland like mists). If it isn't blizz, then this is the greatest troll in the history of wow.

MMO exposure and then the quick deletion though, still pushes me to beleive that it is accurate (and if the name is changed, the premise of the expansion will still be the same).

I'm not so sure. In TESS it is still possible to see "dead" trademarks. Why would they be gone rather than "dead" ?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure Blizz must know by now that thier fanbase searches trademarks. If they wanted to keep it a secret wouldn't they start right out in Swaziland? Why file and cancel a US and an EU?
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure of the legalities of it, but could they not simply ask it be removed from the internet DB for marketing purposes until they're ready to release it? I mean think about it there are CMs and Devs who read this site probably as much as some of us do and this thread has stayed on the main page for a few weeks now. Don't you think if we were onto something real they'd try their damnedest to get their Legal Dept to cover it up from us? Also if the name is 'fake' what do they loose from telling us "nope thats not real" ? Not supporting either side, just a bit of devil's advocate here.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    I'm not so sure. In TESS it is still possible to see "dead" trademarks. Why would they be gone rather than "dead" ?

Maybe the difference between failed app and a hoax? Just guessing here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    Not sure of the legalities of it, but could they not simply ask it be removed from the internet DB for marketing purposes until they're ready to release it? I mean think about it there are CMs and Devs who read this site probably as much as some of us do and this thread has stayed on the main page for a few weeks now. Don't you think if we were onto something real they'd try their damnedest to get their Legal Dept to cover it up from us? Also if the name is 'fake' what do they loose from telling us "nope thats not real" ? Not supporting either side, just a bit of devil's advocate here.

Here is the problem with blizzard saying anything

If they deny it people will call them liars. If they confirm it people will bitch it's not what they wanted.

Either way Blizzard loses. Not saying anything is the best thing they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    Interestingly, Ghostcrawler for the first time replied yesterday about Dark Below, said to keep checking your bookmarks. This is why I rushed to check again this morning. He KNEW it would be removed today.