Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well, I think you should have an ok time on your rogue. As I said, rogues are ok in RBGs and are getting better. But they won't be mandatory or anything. I think you'll have a fun time though, and the buffs should mitigate one of the bigger weaknesses, the mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Well, I think you should have an ok time on your rogue. As I said, rogues are ok in RBGs and are getting better. But they won't be mandatory or anything. I think you'll have a fun time though, and the buffs should mitigate one of the bigger weaknesses, the mobility.
    They really need to make Shadowstep base line for rogues, and 3 talents to let us modify it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I think burst of speed is a fine shadowstep replacement. It gives you raw mobility instead of teleporting on a cooldown, but it's very good to escape at times.

I think they should just have a third talent in there that is meaningful, maybe that deals with roots like original burst of speed. But people have asked for burst of speed forever, and it's quite good- it's solid as a talent, and one of the very few real choices in the whole talent system.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    @Volant: There's a difference between not having the skill to play a class, and being 2 shotted by another class.
    Nobody 2 shots me on my Hunter, nobody.

I think burst of speed is a fine shadowstep replacement. It gives you raw mobility instead of teleporting on a cooldown, but it's very good to escape at times.

I think they should just have a third talent in there that is meaningful, maybe that deals with roots like original burst of speed. But people have asked for burst of speed forever, and it's quite good- it's solid as a talent, and one of the very few real choices in the whole talent system.
    It is, but for me its more of an iconic thing. Burst of speed just feels like a no cd sprint. Where shadowstep should be the rogues baseline gap closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    Nobody 2 shots me on my Hunter, nobody.
    LAWLZ Rethink this discussion and get back to me.

LAWLZ Rethink this discussion and get back to me.
    wtf are you saying dude? I don't get 2 shot. I bet many here don't either. Your logic concerns me.

10+ Year Old Account
    A "good" <class> will always do well in whatever setting.

Rogues are useful now in RBGs and are getting buffed next patch so I imagine nothing will change. Rogues are mostly there to constantly annoy the enemy FC, ninja cap bases, and smoke bomb. It is a bit of a niche playstyle in RBGs that doesn't appeal to everyone but can be played amazingly in the right hands.

Mistweaver Monks can become very hilariously good FCs but I am assuming you mean WW, otherwise you probably wouldn't have been denied.

Hunters are very good for defending bases and they have one of if not the highest burst potential in the game for just outright killing an FC before he pops CDs. I am not sure how you are dying so easily on your hunter, unless you aren't using master's call or deterrence well. Or if you are just unlucky to be a frequent swap target in RBGs.
    Last edited by Boricha; 2013-09-02 at 04:45 AM.

Interestingly yesterday I saw an oqueue post looking for "feral or WW fc".

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Reddins View Post
    A "good" <class> will always do well in whatever setting.

Rogues are useful now in RBGs and are getting buffed next patch so I imagine nothing will change. Rogues are mostly there to constantly annoy the enemy FC, ninja cap bases, and smoke bomb. It is a bit of a niche playstyle in RBGs that doesn't appeal to everyone but can be played amazingly in the right hands.

Mistweaver Monks can become very hilariously good FCs but I am assuming you mean WW, otherwise you probably wouldn't have been denied.

Hunters are very good for defending bases and they have one of if not the highest burst potential in the game for just outright killing an FC before he pops CDs. I am not sure how you are dying so easily on your hunter, unless you aren't using master's call or deterrence well. Or if you are just unlucky to be a frequent swap target in RBGs.
    I'm a very unlucky player. lol

I love the playstyle of Rogues. I did a random yesterday, I ninja capped BS. Then kept 2 people from capping it back. They started emoting the crap out of themselves at me. lol

I faced a MW Fc today, I went to attack and a thought went through my mind "remember you playing MW. They can't be stunned" pain in the ass but I got him.

Interestingly yesterday I saw an oqueue post looking for "feral or WW fc".
    I used to have Oqueue, but I can't stand the spamming it does in chat and I don't know how to turn it off.

You can just "go dark" until you want to use it, or you can configure pretty much everything.

Honestly, the guy who develops it (Tiny) seems novice at this or something (shocking given the complexity of the mesh and the feature list), because all the settings are in a million different places (some are right click the icon, some are under setup, in other cases you go to the offending screen and disable it). But it's a magnificent addon, so we assume at some point he'll normalize his interface to something that is solid.

You can just "go dark" until you want to use it, or you can configure pretty much everything.

Honestly, the guy who develops it (Tiny) seems novice at this or something (shocking given the complexity of the mesh and the feature list), because all the settings are in a million different places (some are right click the icon, some are under setup, in other cases you go to the offending screen and disable it). But it's a magnificent addon, so we assume at some point he'll normalize his interface to something that is solid.
    Going dark turns off the spam?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if it doesn't get fixed expect a lot of combat rogues pressing KS 2 win.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Well if it doesn't get fixed expect a lot of combat rogues pressing KS 2 win.
    I know it might be shocking to actually die to a burst cooldown while stunned without random shit on the battleground halving the damage you take. You might actually see a combat rogue in pvp.

Maybe.

Please note the videos you saw are not reproducible, and that the set bonus required is, like ALL pve set bonuses, disabled in pvp instances. Also note that rogue had no ability to break a stun or fear, and a trinket -> death coil would pretty much 100->0 him.

if you have the same attitude in game like on this forum you wont find any rbg no matter what you play .

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    if you have the same attitude in game like on this forum you wont find any rbg no matter what you play .
    ^ This.
    /10

I hate to break it to you, but unless something drastic changes, rerolling between the classes you have may not solve your problem. Unless the player is a absolute beast that is entirely overqualified for the CR/MMR in question, all three classes you listed are not high priority at any relevant RBG.

But, with that being said, that does not mean you will be denied a spot in a RBG for being any of those classes. With the three in question however, your rogue is probably your best bet. As mentioned earlier, that at sub-2k MMR/CR you can get into a decent RBG with just about any class/spec, but if you aren't overqualified for that rating, expect to be replaced by the first semi-competent player with a more compatible class.

If you are absolutely convinced that you HAVE to reroll to be able to get into a RBG (which is not necessarily the smartest idea...), you may want to take a look at Mage, Warlock, DK, or Shaman.

-----

HWL/2.6k S12 Warlock, General S13 R.Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have Oqueue, but I can't stand the spamming it does in chat and I don't know how to turn it off.
    On the setup tab, uncheck 'announce premades'

I lead my guilds rbgs. The fact the rbg leader said theyd want an undergeared rogue over a geared ww is a little odd, but understandable.
    Monks, like warriors, have little to contribute to team battles other than sticking on a target. Rogues (as mentioned) can sneak cap, shroud, burst, smoke, cc, and defend nodes.
    Im not sure how either will be in 5.4 since I havent played ptr but from what I hear, rogues are getting slight buffs. If you like monk and like mw healing, that might be the way to go.
    As far as the comment that healers dont get cc as much as dps in rbg's, I disagree. Healers are the main cc targets in rbg unless its cc'ing the dps during obvious burst or has berzerker.
    Last edited by Decorpse; 2013-09-03 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinystomper View Post
    On the setup tab, uncheck 'announce premades'
    Of course, if the dev greps mmo-c for oqueue and answers your questions directly, that's one way to get your problems solved!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    Im not sure how either will be in 5.4 since I havent played ptr but from what I hear, rogues are getting slight buffs. If you like monk and like mw healing, that might be the way to go.
    He said he didn't want to heal, though his reason sounded odd (he didn't like sitting in CC). I will point out that MW is one of the most desired specs, and a good MW can often carry as the spec is honestly a bit OP in RBGs. I just took it as "I don't want to heal" and ignored the CC part (I think you can sit in CC as anything, and if your team is letting your healer live a life as a sheep the bigger problems aren't being had by the healer, and the bigger misplays aren't on the healer's head either).

Of course, if the dev greps mmo-c for oqueue and answers your questions directly, that's one way to get your problems solved!

- - - Updated - - -

He said he didn't want to heal, though his reason sounded odd (he didn't like sitting in CC). I will point out that MW is one of the most desired specs, and a good MW can often carry as the spec is honestly a bit OP in RBGs. I just took it as "I don't want to heal" and ignored the CC part (I think you can sit in CC as anything, and if your team is letting your healer live a life as a sheep the bigger problems aren't being had by the healer, and the bigger misplays aren't on the healer's head either).
    I don't mind being a healer. I do like it. But the problem is I don't like spending the entire fight in cc. Last RBg I healed, I was cced basically the entire RBG. Every fight I just got chain rolled on cc. I announced the ccs on me everytime I was cced. When we lost they blamed me for the loss cause my healing was low and kicked me. So I stopped healing.

Yes anything can be cc'd, but I don't get cc'd as much as a dps that I did as a healer.