Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

5.4 sort of sucks

We basically got 3 things this patch: a new raid, the timeless isle, and proving grounds.

Proving grounds are a joke mini-game that won't take up more than an hour of your time, so I'm not even sure why I'm including this.

The timeless isle is a huge clusterfuck with hundreds of players running around farming coins. There's hardly anything interesting there, and in a day I feel as though I've explored the majority of the island. Not to mention the fact that I never see a living creature, so if you plan on getting coins you either have to join a farming group or run around looking for chests. What they should have done was make every creature there have a sharable tag, similar to what they did for rare mobs. The celestials/ordos are a joke, both having taken up maybe 2 hours of my time.

And finally we got a new raid. I haven't participated in it yet but I'm assuming it's good. Most of the raids they make are, but a content patch should include more than just a raid. As it stands right now I have no incentive to log on except to run around the island for 30 minutes and at night to catch a raid group.

Deleted
    Your life must be very boring with that mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Proving grounds are a joke mini-game that won't take up more than an hour of your time, so I'm not even sure why I'm including this.
    Wanna show screenshots of your endless achievements?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tear tear tear.....can't ever make a majority of this Wow community happy, suck it up or quit before they make another patch you feel so strongly sucks
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Jesus dude, stop playing WoW already... I did, I'm happy with my decision.. you should not cling on to something you obviously don't like anymore.. how hard is that to grasp?

are you kidding me? world pvp in timeless isle is godlike. you can even attack your own faction. havent had this much fun since isle of quel'danas

Quote Originally Posted by Jarexx View Post
    are you kidding me? world pvp in timeless isle is godlike. you can even attack your own faction. havent had this much fun since isle of quel'danas
    So glad i do not play on a PvP server.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Wanna show screenshots of your endless achievements?
    LOL did them on ptr. Took literally 20 minutes to beat all of the rounds. not setting foot in there on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    We basically got 3 things this patch: a new raid, the timeless isle, and proving grounds.

The timeless isle is a huge clusterfuck with hundreds of players running around farming coins. There's hardly anything interesting there, and in a day I feel as though I've explored the majority of the island. Not to mention the fact that I never see a living creature, so if you plan on getting coins you either have to join a farming group or run around looking for chests. What they should have done was make every creature there have a sharable tag, similar to what they did for rare mobs. The celestials/ordos are a joke, both having taken up maybe 2 hours of my time.

And finally we got a new raid. I haven't participated in it yet but I'm assuming it's good. Most of the raids they make are, but a content patch should include more than just a raid. As it stands right now I have no incentive to log on except to run around the island for 30 minutes and at night to catch a raid group.
    Haha show me the achies u got, i bet u didn't do shit yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    it is awesome! having so much fun!

though, wish people would stop attacking my bloody albatross!
    dragonmaw - EU

Unsubscribe.

Siege of Ogrimmar is a pretty good raid, may be a bit on the easy side in normal, but full of fun stuff and cool lore. Give it a crack, if you're doing *just* timeless isle, then yah, I can see someone getting bored fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Jesus dude, stop playing WoW already... I did, I'm happy with my decision.. you should not cling on to something you obviously don't like anymore.. how hard is that to grasp?
    I resubbed a week ago specifically for this patch, but don't worry because I'm canceling again.

Proving grounds can be very useful to players who want to try tanking or healing with a character but have no experience. For players who know their role well it has no function beyond trying to get a big score in endless for bragging rights.

Agree that Timeless Isle is a joke. It's tiny and cramped and unimaginative. Bliz was blowing hot air about exploring and adventure and all that.

Basically it's just a tool for gearing up inactive alts. I had a Paladin who was 89 yesterday. Now he has a complete full set of 496 gear with 2 rings and 1 trink. All he needs is a neck piece, new weapon and shield and I jump into Raids if I want.

Comparing Timeless Isle to Thunder Isle makes me think Bliz is running on empty these days.

I don't play on a pvp server but sounds fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL did them on ptr. Took literally 20 minutes to beat all of the rounds. not setting foot in there on live.
    Doubt it /10 char

LIFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, he hasn't cleared the Proving Grounds. I'm not entirely sure they can even be pushed through in 20 min, waves take too long.

So, you ignore the best World PvP environment in the history of the game, complain about an achievement you don't have, and talk about a raid you haven't played.

I think we have the winner for today gentlement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I resubbed a week ago specifically for this patch, but don't worry because I'm canceling again.
    GOOD! We have to many B-words in this game already, always crying about something

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Yeah, he hasn't cleared the Proving Grounds. I'm not entirely sure they can even be pushed through in 20 min, waves take too long.

So, you ignore the best World PvP environment in the history of the game, complain about an achievement you don't have, and talk about a raid you haven't played.

I think we have the winner for today gentlement.
    Lots of idiots full flock today on these forums

LIFE

10+ Year Old Account
    5.4 doesn't 'suck'.. it just doesn't have enough in it that will keep people intrested in it for several months to half a year before the next expansion.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    5.4 doesn't 'suck'.. it just doesn't have enough in it that will keep people intrested in it for several months to half a year before the next expansion.
    its ok, in a few months we'll get some more dailies! dailies keep people playing right?
    dragonmaw - EU