Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    do the waves change as you go farther? I made it to 18 last night but had to leave the computer for the night. But i noticed after 10, waves 11-18 were the exact same as waves 1-8.
    Its 10 waves that repeat, every wave gets 1% more damage / health so every time you loop around that wave will be 10% harder then it was the last time.

I haven't done PG yet (will probably work on it this weekend after I finish my 500 Bloody Coin mount).

My question is, how hard is it to do Silver/Gold tank since Harvest Life was nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    I haven't done PG yet (will probably work on it this weekend after I finish my 500 Bloody Coin mount).

My question is, how hard is it to do Silver/Gold tank since Harvest Life was nerfed?
    Did silver today, seems ok.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post

Silver and gold are easy, Endless is annoying as affliction on some waves.

Deleted
    Damage is quite Easy. Just wait for the Sha mobs to be vulnerable to nuke them down.

But i also tried Tanking Mode. Bronze was quite easy, too. Even with Destruction and VW Pet as a Tank. But i wiped on the last wave in Silver-Mode about 10 times with Demo tanking. I think it is impossible with Destru or Affli. With Demo it propably is possible with luck - or maybe a different approach i tried.
    I would appreciate any Tips for that

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Silver and gold are easy, Endless is annoying as affliction on some waves.
    I mentioned tank, not damage I figured Gold is easy enough with non RPPM trinkets.

Slightly off topic, but I love the way the UI was done.
    What font is that being used for the Auras/Unit frames etc.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-09-12 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melian View Post
    Damage is quite Easy. Just wait for the Sha mobs to be vulnerable to nuke them down.

But i also tried Tanking Mode. Bronze was quite easy, too. Even with Destruction and VW Pet as a Tank. But i wiped on the last wave in Silver-Mode about 10 times with Demo tanking. I think it is impossible with Destru or Affli. With Demo it propably is possible with luck - or maybe a different approach i tried.
    I would appreciate any Tips for that
    Make sure you have no mantid from 7 wave and hit the 8 wave mantid as soon as he spawns so npc will attack him first, use harvest life + drain life glyph + ds + stun, maybe abyssal.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Endless 36waves ( wiped at 2% from the last mob ) 3697 points.

its kinda repetitive, as soon as you have learnt the wave, you can do 30 waves.

Deleted
    Just finished tank:silver as destro. Quite a pain in the ass especially the last two waves. No special talents or anything, only manoroth cause didnt have to move so much.

Abuse howl of terror and shadowfury as much as you can and try to FnB little rabbits as soon as they spawn so you get agro on them or they will rape you npc.

One tip, some cds reset just when you beggin the event by talking to the panda so use DS and abyssal right before, abyssal will last till second wave wich is nice.
    Another tip, bring bandages, if your frindly npc gets low you can bandage everytime you finish a wave, because all debuffs are cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by sarklord View Post
    Just finished tank:silver as destro. Quite a pain in the ass especially the last two waves. No special talents or anything, only manoroth cause didnt have to move so much.

Abuse howl of terror and shadowfury as much as you can and try to FnB little rabbits as soon as they spawn so you get agro on them or they will rape you npc.

One tip, some cds reset just when you beggin the event by talking to the panda so use DS and abyssal right before, abyssal will last till second wave wich is nice.
    Another tip, bring bandages, if your frindly npc gets low you can bandage everytime you finish a wave, because all debuffs are cleared.
    I cant see silver being done with destro. the VW has horrible ae taunt at the get go and the bitch in the center takes damage each phase before you can peal the mobs off her. Got to 8/8 as demo with me tanking the mobs but i cant keep myself up in the last phase. about to say fuck it and give up on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got silver as Demo tank (Dark Apotheosis) w/ Voidlord helping out, only took a few tries. Use Carrion Swarm and Immolation Aura to peel the mobs off the NPC, Provoke the winged mantid and firecaller guys, position mobs in fire without standing in it, use Aura of Enfeeblement, Fury Ward, and Sacrificial Pact as needed, but try and make sure Sacrificial Pact is off cooldown for the final wave.

For the final phase, use Summon Abyssal, Imp Swarm, Dark Soul, Sacrificial Pact to help get through it. Keep the mobs peeled. You don't have to worry about DPSing them down before the timer, just make sure you and the NPC are surviving. The timer will stall at 1 sec until you finish off the last of the mobs.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-09-15 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I cant see silver being done with destro. the VW has horrible ae taunt at the get go and the bitch in the center takes damage each phase before you can peal the mobs off her. Got to 8/8 as demo with me tanking the mobs but i cant keep myself up in the last phase. about to say fuck it and give up on it.
    It is doable, done it on second try too. Single target taunt binded (not on autocast) is enough to take important targets, it's you who have to nuke small adds to take aggro. Remember that in order for mobs to switch target you need 130% of current target threat if you are ranged but only 110% if you stand in melee with them.

On most waves I also started with Shadowfury and feared mob that NICE PANDA LADY decided not to attack, as she otherwise break all your cc, but it's ALL RIGHT, I CAN TANK ALL OF THEM... /sigh

Deleted
    Anybody else having trouble doing endless as demo? For some reason any imps that carry over into the next round stand there doing nothing until they despawn - not sure if that's intended or just a bug.

My best is round 17 at the moment, and I'm pretty sure I could get to 20 at least (as I screwed up on the 17th round in that best attempt), but that's hitting everything perfectly and doing my absolute best. I'm not really sure how I'll be able to get past rounds 27 and 29 if they have 20% / 10% more health than rounds 7 & 9 / 17 & 19 respectively, as it's pretty tight even when using my DS and the berserker buff on the more difficult ones.

Should I just give up and switch to affliction? I don't really like giving up unless I know something is simply not doable, and demo is my preferred spec, but I've been told affliction is basically easy mode

Deleted

I made it to wave 44, but failed by a hair when I got there (4390 score).

How do I show what wave I got to, if I got to more than just 30?

Btw, did it as Destruction with ilvl 510, if that matters.
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2013-09-15 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    Error in your bis list: bis legs: Legwraps of Cardinality
    bis weapon: Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker with 500int gem.
    Last edited by mmoc79582ce235; 2013-09-15 at 04:12 PM.

500 int gem is disabled, and that BiS list is off anyway because it favors haste for subjective reasons. I was more successful with mastery (39 waves).
    Last edited by razkah; 2013-09-15 at 04:24 PM.

I made it to wave 44, but failed by a hair when I got there (4390 score).

How do I show what wave I got to, if I got to more than just 30?

Btw, did it as Destruction with ilvl 510, if that matters.
    What talents and glyphs did you use? I've made it to 17 after about 10 or so attempts but I feel like it is going to be a longshot getting past 30.

ATM I'm using KJ cunning, but maybe I should go Archimonde's Darkness now that I know the spawns better. Some people also say the Havoc glyph is worth using although I haven't tried it.
    Last edited by Nukkabovice; 2013-09-15 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukkabovice View Post
    What talents and glyphs did you use? I've made it to 17 after about 10 or so attempts but I feel like it is going to be a longshot getting past 30.

ATM I'm using KJ cunning, but maybe I should go Archimonde's Darkness now that I know the spawns better. Some people also say the Havoc glyph is worth using although I haven't tried it.
    I absolutely not recommend using Havoc glyph. It's unglyphed CD allows you to use it twice per wave, glyphed you will only use it once. It's just less flexible that way - you will either waste charges, overkill, or have to spam them into Defending mobs. Three is also exactly enough to kill a banshee without having to cast anything on it. It's perfect.

I have posted a video of my 39 wave clear on youtube. It's just a stream highlight uploaded to YT, but I posted my strategy/tips on it too. I am sure the method I used could bring me to over 50, although I'm also sure it's not the most optimal because there is at least one person who managed 70 - there's definitely something I don't know. I can't link it, but you can find it. (Don't mistake this for channel promotion please, it is just a single WoW video on my very personal channel.)
    Last edited by razkah; 2013-09-15 at 07:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    Make sure you have no mantid from 7 wave and hit the 8 wave mantid as soon as he spawns so npc will attack him first, use harvest life + drain life glyph + ds + stun, maybe abyssal.
    Thanks. Did it now. It was quite easy after I started kiting the Mantids.
    Last edited by mmocf671b58f24; 2013-09-16 at 11:18 PM. Reason: added the quote