Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I've been on the Secrets for 15 resets. It's Legendary for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    Guild's third vs guild's 43rd. I don't really know how you can use these 2 legendaries in the same sentence when comparing difficulty to get.
    Yes thunderfury required no skill to get, but it did require 40 guildies, this cloak you basically can bot through LFR or afk or whatever you want. It takes no skill, no luck, no anything, it's just the way the world is going.
    People want to get rewarded for putting 3 hours of gameplay per week. Unfortunately people who put 40-50+ hours per week are put in the same bracket, and it won't change anytime soon when it comes to future legendaries.
    It's like, here's a legendary for participating in this expansion, similar to kids getting medals at sports day for participating in the race.
    I'm sorry you are no longer a special snowflake. Also, just because some people botted or AFK'd LFR doesn't mean that everybody does it, some of us deserve this legendary just as much as you "pro" players.

I too, feel that a single lucky drop is far less of a welfare legendary than something that requires:

-74 raid boss kills (considering impossibly perfect RNG. You'll easily kill 2x this amount of bosses to meet the requirements)
    -Exalted NPC status
    -3000 valor points
    -2 pvp wins
    -1 group kill (pre-nerf)
    -A seperate series of quests and tasks on an IoT
    -One world boss kill
    -Completion of one solo encounter

In contrast, I'm quite sure no one was ever carried to Warglaives or Thori'dal. Or Shadowmourne, for that matter.

*cough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Because the cloak is brain dead simple to get

and everyone could also get it first day to 5.4

in short you don't have to be good to get it

I wont be getting mine for a while because I can't be bothered to do the pvp part of the quest
    Since when did you need to be particularly ''Good'' to get any other legendaries? Sorry to anyone who thought their many clears of the same raid instance on normal mode was some sort of medal of honour, but it really wasn't anything special. This method of distribution was a natural step, and really all it's done is let people who can't be bothered to adhere to a raid schedule (whether because they can't or don't want to) get an orange.

Are you going to try and tell me getting Fangs, or Tarecgosa was hard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I too, feel that a single lucky drop is far less of a welfare legendary than something that requires:

-74 raid boss kills (considering impossibly perfect RNG. You'll easily kill 2x this amount of bosses to meet the requirements)
    -Exalted NPC status
    -3000 valor points
    -2 pvp wins
    -1 group kill (pre-nerf)
    -One world boss kill

In contrast, I'm quite sure no one was ever carried to Warglaives or Thori'dal. Or Shadowmourne, for that matter.

*cough*
    This guy gets it.

Hardly welfare, look at how many lfr runs you had to do to get the piece (but thats the problem for you probably, lfr? reeks of wannab-elitism)

If only you knew the first things on real welfare-leech.......

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Anyone who realistically believes that this being a more accessible Legendary to get somehow makes it less special is an absolute fool. The only people who got their legendaries on 5.4 release day were those who either got extremely lucky with the earlier collecting quests or those who went full on and didn't let up or giving up on getting the cloak.

I'm at 9/12 runestones because back during 5.1 I gave up on the legendary and I only started farming the runestones back at the end of 5.3. Now I could get get lucky on wednesday when the raids reset and get three runestones (i got 3 last week, so it's possible!) and probably get my legendary this week. Or theres a good chance I get very unlucky and end up waiting the maximum three weeks more to get this cloak.

Anyone can get this legendary if they're determined and many won't get it because they aren't. It was a long and enjoyable questline that I totally believe should be the standard for how legendaries are handled in future expansions. LFR access and all!
    I got mine on my priest on the first day, but only because I got 2 runestones the week before. The week before that, 1. The week before that, 1. I was working on the quest chain pretty steadily the whole of MoP, but missed 10 weeks or so of LFR in Nov-Dec, and some more early in the year (sometimes gotta work out of town).

Catching up from a fresh start will be very slow even if it doesn't take 9 months. It certainly won't take 6 weeks or 8 weeks, because no one has that kind of luck.

Oh god all those "hard core serious raiders" raging because blizzard are finally caring about the rest 95% of the playerbase, this is just hilarious. Thank you guys for the nice read!

Please keep repeating the "welfare" mantra!

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

-Exalted NPC status
    -3000 valor points
    -2 pvp wins
    -1 group kill (pre-nerf)
    -One world boss kill

*cough*
    So fucking true. People should stop crying about this legendary when fact is you've had to do more to obtain it than any other one. Yes you get little "legendary" gems etc but those are little rewards for doing each step. I get that the cloaks were not that favoured by some players (I think its not a bad idea now ive had time to digest it if only the cloaks had completely different models say like arthas cloak in caverns of time?)

Previous legendarys in Vanilla TBC and (wrath and cata to a degree had less RNG legendarys than previous and more focused on quest related stuff) were really bad on RNG.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bdew View Post
    Oh god all those "hard core serious raiders" raging because blizzard are finally caring about the rest 95% of the playerbase, this is just hilarious. Thank you guys for the nice read!

Please keep repeating the "welfare" mantra!
    There not raging their making you admit It IS welfare like really once more I've stated I did not do shit this expansion and I will admit most of the time in LFR I afk's like at least pre-MoP you still had to do normal shit which was SORTA effort you know? This wasn't effort not even close and the celestial thing wasn't a challenge because I had a high amount of experience in addition mostly overgeared it, I can imagine some people having trouble with that quest.

I almost even have one on my rogue hell a friend who has fucking 9 ALTS Nine of them all have the cloak the fuck is that lol <.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    There not raging their making you admit It IS welfare like really once more I've stated I did not do shit this expansion and I will admit most of the time in LFR I afk's like at least pre-MoP you still had to do normal shit which was SORTA effort you know? This wasn't effort not even close and the celestial thing wasn't a challenge because I had a high amount of experience in addition mostly overgeared it, I can imagine some people having trouble with that quest.

I almost even have one on my rogue hell a friend who has fucking 9 ALTS Nine of them all have the cloak the fuck is that lol <.<
    Just because you had to do normals doesn't make the previous legendaries any less welfare than the cloak. All these wannab-elitists. .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phauni View Post
    Just because you had to do normals doesn't make the previous legendaries any less welfare than the cloak. All these wannab-elitists. .
    Yeah but you still couldn't AFK on it or any for that matter look I didn't do a god dam thing this expansion well cept this tier I'm actually going to do something and I still got my legendary all I had to do was login lol

when will ppl understand that legendary doesnt really mean the ratio of how many wont get it for the single one that actually does..
    legendary means quality rank like blues greens and purple epic, legendary is just the gear rank above epic.

if a simple quest rewards you a greeny and a chain rewards you a blue..epic and legendary are just a matter of how long the chains are and how hard are the mobs/bosses involved in it.

so it doesnt really matter if you see an entire raid of ppl with the legendary cape on...it doesnt really say "welfare", it say that you finished a chain that started 1 year ago.

Legendarys before required you to be carried by a guild and usually to be favoured/high on attendance or what ever to get them and was limited to one person. Now it requires personal effort and usually just takes time to get them. Im a bit behind as im on secrets but I will get it done at some point. I prefer this way of doing it over how we used to get the items. MC you required just luck and a few craftable materials that was it nothing more required. Nax had 40 odd bits to collect and you to do kill 2 end raid bosses for the ends of the staff then a 5man team in strat to cleanse it which was easy for a well geared group.

TBC Glaives were just RNG drop nothing more same with the Bow.

The only "legendary" thing about them was the low drop chance. Even then ive had several off hand glaives drop for my DK and several bindings drop (all the ones from garr sadly!) So what if someone has alts who they've bothered to grind those quests for. You do realise he at the VERY least had to get 9 characters 3k worth of VP (6k before the nerf) farm raids on 9 characters for random drop items grind rep with 9 characters and do some world bosses on 9 characters for a cloak? It required more personal grinding than previously legendarys and had less RNG thats all. Yeh you can do it on LFR should we restrict it to heroic raids only so most of the QQers on here would QQ far more because they can't get the legendary at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but you still couldn't AFK on it or any for that matter look I didn't do a god dam thing this expansion well cept this tier I'm actually going to do something and I still got my legendary all I had to do was login lol
    Then the raid was at fault for letting you be AFK. Even people in LFR should spot that and kick you I certainly would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Legendarys before required you to be carried by a guild and usually to be favoured/high on attendance or what ever to get them and was limited to one person. Now it requires personal effort and usually just takes time to get them. Im a bit behind as im on secrets but I will get it done at some point. I prefer this way of doing it over how we used to get the items. MC you required just luck and a few craftable materials that was it nothing more required. Nax had 40 odd bits to collect and you to do kill 2 end raid bosses for the ends of the staff then a 5man team in strat to cleanse it which was easy for a well geared group.

The only "legendary" thing about them was the low drop chance. Even then ive had several off hand glaives drop for my DK and several bindings drop (all the ones from garr sadly!) So what if someone has alts who they've bothered to grind those quests for. You do realise he at the VERY least had to get 9 characters 3k worth of VP (6k before the nerf) farm raids on 9 characters for random drop items grind rep with 9 characters and do some world bosses on 9 characters for a cloak? It required more personal grinding than previously legendarys and had less RNG thats all. Yeh you can do it on LFR should we restrict it to heroic raids only so most of the QQers on here would QQ far more because they can't get the legendary at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Then the raid was at fault for letting you be AFK. Even people in LFR should spot that and kick you I certainly would.
    Define legendary because this sure isn't one lol the entire concept of them was you rarely was suppose to see them hence some of them were rare drops or something a pain in the ass like when I was a warrior in vanillia and it took me fucking a year and half to get thunderfury binding from garr cause hes a douche lol

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Listen I play every day, do my weekly LFR every and I promise you never have been booted when I went AFK I simply press corruption and go play SC II or something else really. People don't do shit they really don't unless your a tank or a healer yeah you're going to be bitched at
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-09-17 at 07:32 AM.

Every legendary ever has been more about praying to the goddess Fortuna over any other factor.

Anyone who says otherwise is trying to make it look harder than it was. Yeah, downing Illidain the first time was hard. Once he was on farm? Not so much. Then it just became a matter of rolling the dice every time

Hell, BC probably had the lowest barrier of entry in terms of legendaries. Random chance for a full fledged legendary to drop right there. At least the others reuqired some bullshitting around with it afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagoex View Post
    Welfare recipients wait for their checks in the mail. It doesn't take them much effort or work to get a pay day. Just time.

You are waiting for your cloak. It didn't take you much effort or work to get your item. Just time.

That's the connection, and I agree with it 100%.
    Really? Last I checked you actually had to do things for the Legendary quest, the only thing you do for welfare is wait and sign a form every 2 weeks (That's how it is in Australia atleast) So tell me how is 2minutes of someone's time equal to months of working for a Legendary? You're silly, seriously.

I love what they did with the cloak and I hate it at the same time. It's really cool to be actively working towards a legendary for entire expansion, it makes you want it more, and it has been a fun experience with wrathion foreshadowing the next expansion, not to mention the added scenarios they threw in for the quest line which was cool. I even like the fact that they made it available the first day, it makes sense to let you take that into the final raid of the expansion versus past legendaries that were mostly used for farming or messing around at the end of the expansion.

What I don't enjoy is the fact that blizz made it easier to get the cloak, I busted my rear for many many long weeks getting those sigils and whatever it was that dropped form ToT. If they want it, that's fine, but they need to jump through the same hoops I did when it was current content, if you want to increase the drop rate after the expansion when the cloak is irrelevant, that's fine. The biggest thing was that was used as a way to put a lot of less dedicated people away from just being giving that cloak. Now many, many people have it.

It is my opinion that increasing the drop rate of those sigils was what cheapened the cloak, that was a huge gating mechanism that was being used from cloaks being giving away like candy. After the final drop rate increase I saw a lot of people start looking into the PVP raid boss for the 5.1 quest line, which indicates that they were stuck on the sigils until the drop rate increase.

What makes legendaries legendary is the fact that no one has them. Heck, I have seen more cloaks in one week than I have seen glaives, MC hammer, Thunderfury, and Shadowmourne combined.
    Last edited by Selah; 2013-09-17 at 07:46 AM.

Define legendary because this sure isn't one lol the entire concept of them was you rarely was suppose to see them hence some of them were rare drops or something a pain in the ass like when I was a warrior in vanillia and it took me fucking a year and half to get thunderfury binding from garr cause hes a douche lol

Listen I play every day, do my weekly LFR every and I promise you never have been booted when I went AFK I simply press corruption and go play SC II or something else really. People don't do shit they really don't unless your a tank or a healer yeah you're going to be bitched at
    I've had many people kicked for slacking/Afk in LFR. thing is you whine about this legendary and go on about LFR go do heroic or normal mode you certainly won't have an easy time. Regardless of how much you play this was a bigger grind than _ANY_ other legendary period. Legendarys were only rare due to the shit drop chance thats it no other gating requirement other than killing bosses. Now they decided to gate the end game legendary behind 4 patches of content. Yes it can be done by more people, but that doesnt mean _EVERYONE_ will have it as a lot of people dont want to go through the effort.

Too me this claok I got within 1 hour from logging in day of 5.4 is just an isnult to its text color, it's no legendary at all. Not only was it piss easy to get, its questline was also very unintersting, its item level remained the same as before it was legendary. How can it even be called a legendary? Anyone who think it was interesting or challenging to obtain it clearly havent even tried starting 1/10 of any other legendary items quest lines in this game.
    Last edited by Zalamander; 2013-09-17 at 07:48 AM.

Deleted
    So if blizzard picked up randomly 1 character in each server and awarded them a legendary, that would make it feel more "legendary"?

No regard for effort, only rarity matters?

Also I like how everyone only mentions KJ and Illidan. Does that mean you also thought tarecgosa and fangs to be wellfare legendaries? Because all they required was for your guild to choose you (or be the only rogue).