10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazshax View Post
    I get that Richardson was Cleveland's best player, but everyone seems to be missing the fact that his ability hasn't backed up his draft status, his ypc and tackles broken are extremely low, and he's rumored to have been very banged up already coming out of college.

All that on top of the fact that teams are finding excellent backs in pretty much every round of the draft means that they can be highly confident that they have a chance of getting a decent replacement next year, and use that extra first rounder on a WR or OL that will help their new QB taken earlier in the round.
    they still end up having turned the #4 overall pick, a 4th, 5th, and 7th rounder from 2012 into a 2014 pick that will be in the #15-25 range of round 1, that is a couple of shit trades

and its not like they have a genius GM, they have Michael Lombardi, now its hard to say how much of the Raiders fails are his and how many are Al Davis, but there was a lot of bad in those years

were I a Cleveland fan, I assume they would waste this newly acquired pick just like they wasted both 1st rounders in 2012, they are only one year removed from that draft and they are already blowing it up, that doesn't inspire confidence, so I don't see why people praise this trade or think Cleveland will be better, when you are demolishing a draft class the year after drafting it, I don't get the impression the team is getting better

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    when you are demolishing a draft class the year after drafting it, I don't get the impression the team is getting better
    I would say that they are admitting their mistakes, and selling high. Richardson's defenders always said that he was playing injured, learning the pro game, and his second year numbers would be better than his first year numbers. The Brown's new leadership is essentially saying that, after an offseason of watching him practice, they don't think he's going to improve. And again, you can easily get mediocre production out of a RB taken in any round of the draft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazshax View Post
    And again, you can easily get mediocre production out of a RB taken in any round of the draft.
    Like Montario Hardesty or Dion Lewis? Let's give them a shot, owait season ending IR, they have no RBs, the team's second leading rusher is Weeden, he and Richardson are the only two players on the team to have registered a carry this year. There isn't even a sniff of mediocrity at the position for them, all they've got is bad and worse. What if the next RB they draft spends all his time injured too?

Easily? EASILY? We're talking about the Cleveland Browns!

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    were I a Cleveland fan, I assume they would waste this newly acquired pick just like they wasted both 1st rounders in 2012, they are only one year removed from that draft and they are already blowing it up, that doesn't inspire confidence, so I don't see why people praise this trade or think Cleveland will be better, when you are demolishing a draft class the year after drafting it, I don't get the impression the team is getting better
    Didnt Cleveland get a completely new group in charge of the team? One that didnt draft Richardson or Weeden so their draft success or lack thereof shouldnt be equated to future drafts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Didnt Cleveland get a completely new group in charge of the team? One that didnt draft Richardson or Weeden so their draft success or lack thereof shouldnt be equated to future drafts
    you may have noticed there were words in my post before the ones you quoted

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know who this guy is but he tweeted the following:

And I just dropped Justin Forsett in one of my leagues

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I don't know who this guy is but he tweeted the following:

el oh el

10+ Year Old Account
    What's next? trading joe haden for some other CB closing in on retirement?

This is insane. Why the hell would they trade the guy that has pretty much been carrying their team?

10+ Year Old Account
    they wouldn't trade for MJD, it would negate at least one of their two major goals, to be terrible, and to be more terrible than Jacksonville

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Wake up to see the Brown's traded their only good player for a single pick bound to be in the 20s. What the fuck Cleveland? How does this trade make any sense? Richardson was good. I realize they want to position themselves for Teddy Bridgewater. Seriously though, they couldn't have tanked and still kept their best player? Trent wasn't going to win them games alone.

Either way, hats freaking off Indy. That is a bargain of a trade. Struggle to find a consistent running weapon for Luck (and Manning before him), stumble upon a Cleveland Browns everything must go sale. Wow.
    Running backs verge on irrelevant, with the exception of a very limited number of gamebreakers. I think there's something near zero chance that Richardson exceeds the value of the pick he was traded for. He has a fighting chance to be worth that pick, but not really any more. All of the upside with the move is with the Browns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Why the hell would they trade the guy that has pretty much been carrying their team?
    Because there's not any evidence that he's particularly good and running backs are fungible assets.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL commentators:"3rd longest stretch without an int in philly..." 2s later... Vick throws a Int for a KC TD!... announcer Jinx is real.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

On Trent Richardson:

People are saying that he's not any good. Have you guys watched the way other teams play defense against Cleveland? They load the line of scrimmage and give no respect at all to the pass because it is nonexistent. Adrian Peterson can't run with 8 men in the box either. If he sucks in Indy with Andrew Luck slinging the ball around, then we can say he's a bust. The Browns are a bad team with a bad offense. Richardson's value to an Indy team that is desperate for anything resembling a decent ground game is at least as much as anything the Browns will get with the dice roll that is a draft pick. The one and only benefit to the Browns is that they have holes all over the offense and need more than just a running back to turn that team around. They were going to be terrible enough to compete for the top pick in the draft anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    People are saying that he's not any good. Have you guys watched the way other teams play defense against Cleveland? They load the line of scrimmage and give no respect at all to the pass because it is nonexistent. Adrian Peterson can't run with 8 men in the box either. If he sucks in Indy with Andrew Luck slinging the ball around, then we can say he's a bust. The Browns are a bad team with a bad offense. Richardson's value to an Indy team that is desperate for anything resembling a decent ground game is at least as much as anything the Browns will get with the dice roll that is a draft pick. The one and only benefit to the Browns is that they have holes all over the offense and need more than just a running back to turn that team around. They were going to be terrible enough to compete for the top pick in the draft anyway.
    I'm not saying he's bad. I don't think he is. My exact comment above is that there's not any evidence that he's particularly good. Read that as literally as possible - he might be good, but right now, there's not any evidence that he's particularly good. If this was another Adrian Peterson, or even Jamal Charles, level talent, I think we'd have seen a better yards per carry average than what we've seen, and at least a couple big plays. I think he's probably a quality back, I just don't think quality backs are typically worth anywhere near a mid first round pick. I don't even think we have enough evidence at the moment to be confident that Richardson's a better back than Bradshaw. He probably is, but I'd bet that the marginal increase isn't even close to being worth a first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm not saying he's bad. I don't think he is. My exact comment above is that there's not any evidence that he's particularly good. Read that as literally as possible - he might be good, but right now, there's not any evidence that he's particularly good. If this was another Adrian Peterson, or even Jamal Charles, level talent, I think we'd have seen a better yards per carry average than what we've seen, and at least a couple big plays. I think he's probably a quality back, I just don't think quality backs are typically worth anywhere near a mid first round pick. I don't even think we have enough evidence at the moment to be confident that Richardson's a better back than Bradshaw. He probably is, but I'd bet that the marginal increase isn't even close to being worth a first rounder.
    Glad to see someone else who understands the situation. If he was AD, he would be doing just fine against 8 in the box. If he's not AD, he's not worth a first round pick.

As I said before, this indicates that the Browns organization doesn't think Richardson=Peterson.

Chip Kelly: Reinventing math since 2009.

I don't think I've seen a coach attempt so many 2pt conversions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish theyd go for 4th and 1 more. If you cant get 1 yrd, you should lose imo!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Oh dear lord Kelce. You're a good center. Stop it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dodge some more bullets guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    On the Browns things:

People forget about Jordan Cameron and Josh Gordon, both exceptional skill players. Trent is a good, solid, power back, but does not fit Norv's offense. They need someone more like Ryan Matthews or LaDanian Tomlinson was. Fast and shifty, to make people miss when they get balls out of the backfield in the passing game.

The new regime is building to stay for a while. Projection: First round we pick a QB and a WR. Second round we pick either a WR or a RB, if no RB in round 2, one in Rd 3, and a Right guard.

As a Browns fan for my whole life, I hate to look at it like this, but I get the decisions of this regime so far. I get wanting to get a great draft to move forward, I just hope they capitalize on it. We shall see.

Here is how you beat the Eagles D every time. Take 2 knees losing ~10 yards on 1st and 2nd down, then run a 5 yard under for 20-30 yards.

10+ Year Old Account
    The KC O line is looking terrible tonight. Looked like they just opened the gates on the 3rd down in red zone letting 3 guys thru in under 1s.