Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You have the dungeon journal. Read what it does and you are done. Is that more inconvenient than wiping 27 times?

Or you see someone getting this debuff and die instantly. That indicates he did it wrong so when you get it you obviously have to do something else.

I live in the EU so I haven't done these yet in LFR. I am just guessing a big arrow above your head means stacking up, just like with every other mechanic that has this indication.

Just make LFR a big hack and slash game where no one ever dies already. Just don't try to lure players in with ridiculous rewards like a legendary cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    And then there is the awkward time when there are no adds up and Nazgrim is in defensive stance and WTF do you do?
    I pop elemental and blood lust, all CDs go go go. #TrueHorde #TeamNazgrim

Let him like this please. I love it. It's soooo hilarious how ppl start bithcing against each other while perfoming worse than the ones they insult. I had a good laugh today while the determination grow up to 9

my group hit 7 stacks on both shaman and nazgrim, wasl pretty lame but i didn't want to leave

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that Nazgrim needs a small nerf (we were able to clear it with 4 stacks). Maybe less adds towards the end or making the enrage timer longer.

Im sorry but all I hear here is this simple fact:

"I do lfr because I don't have time for organized raiding hours a night."
    "I was in lfr for over 3 hours last night but oh well got the kill."
    "I was in q for over an hour, finally got into lfr and took 2.5 hours to clear"

and just think...that is for 1 wing!!!! Meanwhile (not trying to sound elitist, just pointing out the difference between organized raid times and lfr times) my guild cleared 10 bosses in just over 2.5 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    Im sorry but all I hear here is this simple fact:

"I do lfr because I don't have time for organized raiding hours a night."
    "I was in lfr for over 3 hours last night but oh well got the kill."
    "I was in q for over an hour, finally got into lfr and took 2.5 hours to clear"

and just think...that is for 1 wing!!!! Meanwhile (not trying to sound elitist, just pointing out the difference between organized raid times and lfr times) my guild cleared 10 bosses in just over 2.5 hours...
    The time will come, after the nerf (which will obviously hit soon) and everything is a boring buttons smash fest again.

Deleted
    1shot 1st and second bosses, 2 shot the other 2, no trash wipes.

Loot off every boss, feels good.

My thoughts on "tips" for lfr. Blizz should have it pop up on screen similar to raid warnings. i.e. "designated tower team, enter tower 1" or during nazgrim "nazgrim has entered defensive stance, cease all damage".

yeah it's hokey, but LFR might just need that kind of hand holding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I had people doing sub 30k with 3 determination stacks :|
    Main reason I don't do Raid finder, I just dont get it. I was pulling 40-50k in Heroic Rares with no gems or enchant in RF "MSV, HoF, ToES" and "zero determination stacks" Did 1st RF last week (part 1 of Seige) and haft the dps were only pulling at max 20k, with some around 20-40k, and only 3 people around 90-120k. Me playing tank, I'm pulling 60-70k. After that fail, I gave up on RF, thank gold there is Flex pugs. (since my guild don't do schedule Felx run)

I honistly think Blizzard should add a string to Raid finder that says if you play "DPS" and you don't pull X amount of damage min you don't get loot (50K for Seige sound right)
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2013-09-25 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I logged on this morning (08:30, UK) LFR wing 2 was not open, it was open by 15:00 UK.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We wiped once on the third boss, and twice on Nazgrim. The wipe on Nazgrim was because adds didn't get killed fast enough. Wing 2 felt a lot more fun than Wing 1 did. Wing 1 of SoO is a lot like part one of Heart of Fear LFR ... As in, I'll likely only run it on alts to get to part 2.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    My thoughts on "tips" for lfr. Blizz should have it pop up on screen similar to raid warnings. i.e. "designated tower team, enter tower 1" or during nazgrim "nazgrim has entered defensive stance, cease all damage".

yeah it's hokey, but LFR might just need that kind of hand holding.
    The problem isn't what the bosses do, it's that people don't care. They have no reason to care. Eventually, it'll fall over and epics will fall out. That's all anyone knows, because that's all LFR has ever been. Start putting in Defile like mechanics that you actually have to care about, and LFR just stops being a thing.

If you were in a trade channel pug, you would at least either not be there because you didn't have the relevant achievement, not be there because you hadn't juked your ilevel/gear score, or you'd get kicked for failing a mechanic.

Deleted
    i swear half the people in LFR cannot even read, were doing nazgrim now, 4th wipe because people don't understand they need to kill the bloody adds.

im healing so i started whispering people who aren't killing the adds

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I really enjoyed the difficulty of 2nd wing LFR. My stats:
    1st boss one shot
    2nd boss one wipe
    3rd boss 3 wipes
    4th boss 4 wipes (we hit enrage one try lol)
    5 wipes on trash total
    Over all spent 2h in it.
    Well I'll be avoiding that wing for awhile....

So after my experience last night I will never do LFR again. My raid group has 9 bosses down on normal and I'm in about 535+ for my healing set. The first wing wasn't too bad honestly but I think the issue with wing 2 is that Blizz is just adding far to many mechanics for example dark shaman. There are a ton of things that you need to watch out for. So now onto my experience.

Galakras: I start explaining what to do, tank pulls, we 1 shot boss with minimal explanation because the people in the towers knew what to do (thankfully) and shot down the boss. I did laugh at melee running into the tower and dying because they didn't listen when I said don't go in until the demo is dead. Did have to spam need tank in tower about 10-15 times before he finally figured out what to do.

Iron Juggernaut: I don't even bother explaining this fight short of don't stand where the tanks are standing, click on crawler mines and don't move the laser through the tar in P2. 1 shot boss.

Dark Shamans: Oh boy..wiped about 4 times on trash because 1 tank just decided to grab 4 groups, people getting MC'd, etc. I explain to kill the wolves first then tank swap when stacks fall off, you can position ashen wall as a tank, dodge everything, stay out of the big red circle. First attempt, melee get trucked by oozes. Range start dying because oozes aren't dying. Second attempt, I explain that melee needs to run from oozes. Melee dies to oozes. Third attempt, get mass rezzed next to boss, accidental pull by tanks, wipe. Fourth attempt, melee gets killed by oozes, ashen walls are scattered everywhere, I am 40k HPS above the next healer and only 3 out of the 6 healers are above 40k HPS in total. Wipe. Even with 4 stacks of determination we still missed enrage by about 15+%. /leaveraid.

Me and another guy who had done it on normal were laughing how badly we would fail on defensive stance on Nazgrim. I imagine if my group ever made it past dark shaman it would have been very bad.

So basically my view is this. Now that flex is out, the good raiders will do that and never step foot in LFR which means all that is left is the bad players that were previously getting carried by the good raiders. From my experience there are not enough good raiders that even after explaining and determination are enough to counteract all the bad raiders. Additionally there are far too many mechanics in fights for bad LFR players to handle. And dark shamans is just unreal for LFR. Even if the mechanics did no damage it's still to much, especially the falling meteor that does like 300k to the entire raid. You need to use healer CDs on that or people die even on LFR. So I wasted about 2 hours in LFR and learned my lesson to never go back. As more and more good raiders realize this LFR will get worse and worse. While I appreciate flex it is going to kill LFR or at least force Blizz to make it so faceroll you have no risk of failure.

EDIT: And before anyone mentions it, I ran LFR on Tuesday which has always been the day that most good players run it to get it out of the way in the past. So this wasn't a run on Monday night when only the bad players are left.
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2013-09-25 at 03:20 PM.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    So after my experience last night I will never do LFR again. My raid group has 9 bosses down on normal and I'm in about 535+ for my healing set. The first wing wasn't too bad honestly but I think the issue with wing 2 is that Blizz is just adding far to many mechanics for example dark shaman. There are a ton of things that you need to watch out for. So now onto my experience.

Galakras: I start explaining what to do, tank pulls, we 1 shot boss with minimal explanation because the people in the towers knew what to do (thankfully) and shot down the boss. I did laugh at melee running into the tower and dying because they didn't listen when I said don't go in until the demo is dead. Did have to spam need tank in tower about 10-15 times before he finally figured out what to do.

Iron Juggernaut: I don't even bother explaining this fight short of don't stand where the tanks are standing, click on crawler mines and don't move the laser through the tar in P2. 1 shot boss.

Dark Shamans: Oh boy..wiped about 4 times on trash because 1 tank just decided to grab 4 groups, people getting MC'd, etc. I explain to kill the wolves first then tank swap when stacks fall off, you can position ashen wall as a tank, dodge everything, stay out of the big red circle. First attempt, melee get trucked by oozes. Range start dying because oozes aren't dying. Second attempt, I explain that melee needs to run from oozes. Melee dies to oozes. Third attempt, get mass rezzed next to boss, accidental pull by tanks, wipe. Fourth attempt, melee gets killed by oozes, ashen walls are scattered everywhere, I am 40k HPS above the next healer and only 3 out of the 6 healers are above 40k HPS in total. Wipe. /leaveraid.

Me and another guy who had done it on normal were laughing how badly we would fail on defensive stance on Nazgrim. So basically my view is this. Now that flex is out, the good raiders will do that and never step foot in LFR which means all that is left is the bad players that were previously getting carried by the good raiders. From my experience there are not enough good raiders that even after explaining and determination are enough to counteract all the bad raiders. Additionally there are far too many mechanics in fights for bad LFR players to handle. And dark shamans is just unreal for LFR. Even if the mechanics did no damage it's still to much, especially the falling meteor that does like 300k to the entire raid. You need to use healer CDs on that or people die even on LFR. So I wasted about 2 hours in LFR and learned my lesson to never go back. As more and more good raiders realize this LFR will get worse and worse. While I appreciate flex it is going to kill LFR or at least force Blizz to make it so faceroll you have no risk of failure.
    Yup. Once I get my last few Runestones on my alts I'm never doing SoO LFR ever again. It's kinda ironic I clear Flex faster than I clear LFR. Let the bads see what LFR is really like without good raiders carrying the group.

im actually glad that LFR siege and flex siege share the same legendary item lockout because doing lfr 2nd half is fucking brutal.. ill just wait til we do flex later in the week.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeesh, I must have lucked out with my LFR group then.

We one shot Galakras / Iron Juggernaut, wiped once on Dark Shaman and wiped twice on Nazgrim with no issue on all the trash in between.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I was pretty upset last night because I had a 55 minute queue as DPS (That's not why I'm complaining, I know I should go healer iof I want quick queues blah blah blah) and I got into a group that was on Nazgrim with 3 stacks of determination. Pretty PO'd that I only got last boss but whatevs.
    We pulled the boss that time and like half the raid died to standing in axes and cracks. Next pull the off tank dcd right after the pull so we wiped due to sunder armor stacking. Finally got him down with 5 stacks.
    I can't speak for the whole wing, but I feel like that boss had a pretty good difficulty. Once people gear up a bit and learn the strat more I think it will be fine. That being said I think the whirling axe thing hits for way too much. On my shaman (mail gear) it hit me for like 288k per tick. If I recall it ticks pretty fast and can therefore kill pretty much anyone in 2 ticks if they're even just a bit slow on their reaction time.