Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Voidwalker bug(not sure?) on Thok

Hi, not sure if anyone else had discovered this yet;

I spotted a warlock doing over 400k dps on thok with his voidwalker a couple hours ago, the voidwalker kept ot the tank without taunting;

so I went over Skada and found out it was the voidwalker's shadow shield that's putting out INSANE damages.

Ahhh.....any thooughts...?

It looks like an unintended mechanic to me.
    Last edited by Phynn; 2013-10-14 at 05:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The voidwalker is a dps gain compared to using a regular pet for any spec if you set it in front of the boss so its breath will trigger its shields, but not really insane like you say (I think it is around 3-5% overall better).

Deleted
    Dammit was hoping this secret would take longer before someone spoiled it :< goodbye easy thok ranks.

Can you expand on this?
    Was the void walker taunting and taking direct hits?
    Or was it passive in front?
    Working on Thok now, specifics would help

Working as intended. Fel Guard deals more dmg with Bladestorm on aoe, imp deals more on switches. At last some little niche for Voidwalker.

Deleted
    Just that Imp does better overall dmg because of the Thoks movement in 2nd phase.. Voidwalker can't keep up with the speed.. But tbh, I dont think this will be fixed, 'cause there's nothing to be fixed.. This is just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because the shield triggers on physical dmg taken and Thok's shout is physical damage. At least that's the explanation I've read online somewhere. This makes the Voidlord really nice at Thok, not only because of the dmg, but also because it's the only pet that can survive Soul Link P1 (heroic that is, normal is no problem for neither pet).

I think Soul Link physical damage may also trigger Void Shield, so that could explain the really high damage.

I duelled a rogue a couple of times and Void Shield was doing most of the damage. The rogue was sure he only ever attacked me without touching the pet. So the AoE screech could trigger Void Shield twice, maybe.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Shield is actually really good on garrosh transitions as well.

How do you keep the vw attacking without him auto going to behind the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    I think Soul Link physical damage may also trigger Void Shield, so that could explain the really high damage.

I duelled a rogue a couple of times and Void Shield was doing most of the damage. The rogue was sure he only ever attacked me without touching the pet. So the AoE screech could trigger Void Shield twice, maybe.
    Soul Link does trigger Void Shield (but not Shadow Shield).

The Void Shield proc is an AoE centered on the voidwalker too. It also hits hard, and hits 3 times every 10 sec if you can get hit enough to proc SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy4 View Post
    How do you keep the vw attacking without him auto going to behind the boss?
    Put him on "Move to" instead of "Follow"

It seems, that without the void walker tanking thok directly (r.i.p.) the auto cast feature needs to be disabled and the shield buff to be applied manually.
    C/D?

Deleted
    Or you could use the imp to help out with dispels, usually i dispel more than the healers, Demon hunting glyph lets it spend energy without capping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maelcrum View Post
    It seems, that without the void walker tanking thok directly (r.i.p.) the auto cast feature needs to be disabled and the shield buff to be applied manually.
    C/D?
    On our last kill i just had him on autocast and my Voidlord did 9.09 million dmg via void shield (compared to 7.39 melee hit dmg).

Quote Originally Posted by maelcrum View Post
    C/D?
    This is true, but you can just macro it to your important abilities for the same result.

Wait, this work with Deafening Screech, Fearsome Roar, or both?

It's all fun discovering "Creative use of game mechanics" stuff, but Blizzard will probably nerf it somehow, if you gain 5% DPS(best case scenario), which is 15k if doing 300k DPS otherwise. 5% DPS is an awful lot for just changing a pet and positioning it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Or you could use the imp to help out with dispels, usually i dispel more than the healers, Demon hunting glyph lets it spend energy without capping.
    finally one there dont tunnel vision about DPS and actully thinks about what to contribute with more than just DPS. Thumbs up my friend

Quote Originally Posted by baline View Post
    finally one there dont tunnel vision about DPS and actully thinks about what to contribute with more than just DPS. Thumbs up my friend
    Shadow Priests can mass dispel that shit...