Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As long as it's not free it's expensive seeing as whole BlizzCon is about Blizzard promoting their products, you are literally paying for marketing here. The only real value in it (disputable) are pixels you get in games you play, ie. pets/tabards/decals etc..

Glad there's always someone re-streaming it for free.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Deleted
    I would buy it if it was a reasonable price. But unfortunately it's too expensive so many people are just going to easily google and find someone who will restream it for free. I'm sure Blizzard doesn't care though, they probably get a nice sum of money from all the virtual tickets sold to not care about those who get it for free.

Deleted
    I'd happily pay knowing parts of the money wen't to developing the games. Big chunks will go to corp. stuff but the more money they earn, the more money people will invest on the game, short and simple truth.

So even if it's corp. crap i still support them!

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I agree with this. Hell, I spent $40 on chicken wings last night and those definitely didn't last a handful of hours.
    I buy groceries for at least 5 days with $40, I don't know how you guys spend your money but I know millionaires who consider $40 or $65 for PPV or even the prices for a movie in the cinema expensive.

Do you also find gas extremely cheap? Just wondering if some people here on MMO-C live on another planet where everything is considered cheap.

40 bucks really isnt that much. I make that in less than an hours worth of actual work....I wish. But really 40 isnt that bad compared to other streamed services. If its to much don't pay for it. Its not like you will be missing out on any real information. Like others said it will be on the web right after. Your paying to be able to watch close to 2 days of content live, and not have to choose between which sessions you want to see or can miss. I know the last year when I went, I felt I missed out on a lot of discussion because something else was scheduled at the same time.

Pocketful- 110 Priest- Savant - US Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Do you also find gas extremely cheap?
    Ehhhh. Yes and no.

No because gas is definitely not cheap.
    Yes because I work from home so I rarely end up burning much gas.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    40 dollars is a bit over the top for an online stream, as a comparison, i paid the same amount of money for a 4-day physical entrance pass to the largest boardgame convention in the world (Spiel). But this is the kind of customer-milking Blizzard is used to nowadays, just makes people look for "alternatives" if you know what i mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Too expensive" is a relative term. Depends on an individuals income, general interest, and how much they may personally benefit. At it's core it's cheaper and longer than pretty much any other pay-per-view event out there and it comes with a concert at the end. Not to mention you get to rewatch the panels on the website for 2 weeks after the event and all the digital bonuses you get. It all comes down to an indivudal, but if you can spare the cash based on your situation I can see value in it if you're frequent user of Blizzard products. Personally I buy it every year because based on my personal situation/income, a physical trip to the con is "Too expensive". Overall the price you pay for what you get is well worth it. Also keep in mind Blizzard is on record that they loose money on this every year. Not to mention all the weeks of planning that goes into it. In the end it's a fan service one they don't have any obligation to provide at all, just as no one is required to purchase the live stream tickets. Make your choice based on what you can do/afford, but don't berate the product as a viable purchase based on personal taste. Also, consider splitting it with a few IRL friends if you know some who would be interested, or throw a party and ask them to bring food/drinks etc. Make an event out of it, I've done it twice in the past and its alot more fun with people.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I buy groceries for at least 5 days with $40
    We can't all live off of ramen noodles and hotpockets. When you have a family and aren't living like a college student you gain perspective on what things actually cost.
    BAD WOLF

I buy groceries for at least 5 days with $40, I don't know how you guys spend your money but I know millionaires who consider $40 or $65 for PPV or even the prices for a movie in the cinema expensive.

Do you also find gas extremely cheap? Just wondering if some people here on MMO-C live on another planet where everything is considered cheap.
    What the hell are you eating for $40.00? It couldn't be remotely healthy, or you eat extremely little...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    We can't all live off of ramen noodles and hotpockets. When you have a family and aren't living like a college student you gain perspective on what things actually cost.
    Eh, i can easily buy a week's groceries for me and my fiance for about 40 euros a week (50-ish dollars), and that is including luxury goods. I am in no way a poor man (the opposite is actually true), but i am not "watching prices" and i rarely go over that 40 euros.
    If you are a lot above that you may need to reconsider your expenditure pattern....

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Eh, i can easily buy a week's groceries for me and my fiance for about 40 euros a week (50-ish dollars), and that is including luxury goods. I am in no way a poor man (the opposite is actually true), but i am not "watching prices" and i rarely go over that 40 euros.
    If you are a lot above that you may need to reconsider your expenditure pattern....
    Come to America and buy groceries before you suggest I need reconsider how I shop. There's a reason it was $40 and not 40 Euros, which is more like $53.00.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    20 bucks would be much better. If we cannot be there and basically all the info is freely distributed after the con, 40 is a bit much. The pets etc, cost them zilch. it's virtual ware.

Wow are you guy's really that poor 40 bucks is nothing hell those wwe ppv's are 55 and that what 3 hours of wrestleing and Blizzcon is 2 full days of coverage over 20 hours plus you get a exclusive pet and access to blizzcon only merch.

i only want to see Blink 182.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    ...and here it starts.

If all of those complaining really think that $40 is too much to pay for the live stream then don't freaking buy it. I bought, I'm going to enjoy it and I'll happily cackle madly at those who think that they're better than me because they were too good to buy it. So enjoy your snobbery as I'll actually be enjoying myself rather than fault finding everything and trying to be miserable.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

If this thread proves anything, it shows that "expensive" is such a subjective term.

Moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacka View Post
    Wow are you guy's really that poor 40 bucks is nothing hell those wwe ppv's are 55 and that what 3 hours of wrestleing and Blizzcon is 2 full days of coverage over 20 hours plus you get a exclusive pet and access to blizzcon only merch.
    Just because something is the same price or even more, doesn't make it worth it either. Because, IMO, it isn't. I don't think a WWE PPV is worth 55 bucks and I don't think this Blizzard stream is worth 40 bucks either. But maybe because I don't care about anything other than the WoW expansion, that is why I feel it isn't worth it. If you're a big fan of Blizzard in general and can't want to see everything, then sure, I suppose it would be worth it, but not for me. Essentially, the 40 bucks is just one expensive pet. JMO and I think a lot of people are the same way. They only want to see what the next WoW expansion is.

Come to America and buy groceries before you suggest I need reconsider how I shop. There's a reason it was $40 and not 40 Euros, which is more like $53.00.
    Where do you shop? I've found American grocery stores to be considerably cheaper than the U.K. or Canada. (Those are the only 3 countries I've shopped in.)

Deleted
    Heres my shopping list from last week for me and my fiance (i always save them in the supermarket app :P). Note it is in Dutch though:

Lassie Toverrijst extra vezels (BONUS)
    AH Kipfilet 1000g
    AH Schouderkarbonade 800g
    AH Hamburger 400g
    Page Toiletpapier
    AH Kilo'tje vastkokend
    AH puur&eerlijk biologisch kilo'tje iets kruimig
    AH Rucolasla melange
    AH Krulsla melange
    AH puur&eerlijk biologische maiskorrels zoet
    AH puur&eerlijk biologische courgette
    AH Champignons fijn

AH puur&eerlijk biologische knoflook
    AH Kidneybonen
    AH Witte bonen in tomatensaus
    Spa Reine x6
    AH IJsthee sprankelend light x2
    AH Sinas stevia
    Lay's Naturel (BONUS)
    Lay's Paprika (BONUS)

Total price: 34 euros 22 cents.

this is bought in Holland, if i buy the same stuff in Germany (i live on the border) it would prolly be around 29 euros total, because Holland is more expensive on groceries. Add some cost normally for bread and stuff to put on it (i got my own store so breakfast and lunch is going off company-budget) and some weekly cost for deo etc which we already had, you'll sit around that 40 euros i mentioned.

The thing is i don't buy any expensive products like pre-made meals or pre-chopped veggies, when i stopped doing that my expenditures went down by at least half and i am eating more healthy as a result

Gotta say we did the lazy thing on sunday and ordered pizza (which was an additional 12 euros) but that was'nt really necessary as we had food in house from the above list

Ah well, going kinda offtopic though.....
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2013-11-05 at 08:39 PM.