Thread: Is this fair?

Is this fair?

Now we know that people in quest gear dont hit for much but to get global-ed even with base resilience?

> SotA
    > waiting for alliance to pull up in their boat
    > freshly dinged frost mage next to me, no gear
    > enhance sham hops off blowing everything and just using a stormlash from range
    > mage literally dies in a global

Mind you, the sham was in pve gear. So even with gear scaling and such, it still is deadly. Also that sham went 15-0 that game. Yeah he had heals and that but goes to show pve gear still has its place in pvp and base resilience means crap all...

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Now we know that people in quest gear dont hit for much but to get global-ed even with base resilience?

> SotA
    > enhance sham hops off blowing everything and just using a stormlash from range

Mind you, the sham was in pve gear. So even with gear scaling and such, it still is deadly. Also that sham went 15-0 that game. Yeah he had heals and that but goes to show pve gear still has its place in pvp and base resilience means crap all...
    low hp? sure the sham got no pvp weapons and trinkets mixed wiht pve gear? pve gear is trash in instanced pvp.

Ever occur to you that it wasn't gear that was the major factor here?

I could go 15-0 on any of my shitty undergeared toons if I had a pocket healer too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post

> SotA

Yes it is extremely fair. what would really be unfair the mage to put up a decent fight against someone who has invested 10,20,30,..., x times more effort on his character. Character progression is a key element to RPG's. If anybody doesn't like it there exist other games (with considerably less subscribers/playerbase).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    If anybody doesn't like it there exist other games
    I wish every forum in the world would implement a new rule to insta-ban anyone who posts a reply along the lines of 'if you don't like it then you can GIT OUT'. It's the most brainless reply imaginable and only serves as an attempt to kill any discussion.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2013-11-08 at 05:17 AM.

It's fair because it has nothing to do with resilience. 70% resilience baseline is good, and helpful. It just isn't that helpful when you have under 300k HP with a 420 ilvl and the person you're fighting has a 500 ilvl.

Resilience won't help you there. PvE gear is okay in PvP yeah, if it wasn't that would be dumb, just like PvP gear is okay in PvE, but neither of them are ideal. Someone in PvP gear will *always* beat someone wearing PvE gear in PvP, just like someone in PvE gear will *always* out damage someone wearing PvP gear in a raid.

High burst spec with all cooldowns up kills a newb with ~300k hp. How exactly is this surprising or unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    I wish every forum in the world would implement a new rule to insta-ban anyone who posts a reply along the lines of 'if you don't like it then you can GIT OUT'. It's the most brainless reply imaginable and only serves as an attempt to kill any discussion.
    I wonder how many people will think someone is smart if he goes at McDonalnds and ask for a medium or a well done steak.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason though, people who are undergeared do seem to be squishier. Sure, they have lower armor, but armor doesn't play such a big factor anymore.

Deleted
    enh shammans have the highest burst atm

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    enh shammans have the highest burst atm
    I dont think so. Ascendance just makes your auto attacks ranged and nature damage not that big of a deal i think...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I dont think so. Ascendance just makes your auto attacks ranged and nature damage not that big of a deal i think...
    The thing is most will have pots,trinks ele mastery and lolwtfbbq things Macrod to it. Making storm blast hit super hard. And if mh and oh both crit its over 150k damage in one global. Add autoattacks and maybe an ele blast and its easily over 300k in 3 seconds.

On my enhance I kill ppl from 100-0 in --Ss-ascendance macro-Sblast- unleash-ele blast- 5 stack LL
    Its worse with storm lash up.

If you don't have defensives up you will die in those 4 globals. (or are a warlock with 750k health Lol)
    Last edited by Starsinn; 2013-11-08 at 04:27 PM.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Not that big of a deal? Physical -> nature means their damage goes up by 20-45% depending on the receiving class.
    Their burst is, if not the highest, one of the highest in the game for sure.

Not saying they're overpowered, but at least the burst is sick. They can also do this while not fearing for their lives for quite a while thanks to the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    High burst spec with all cooldowns up kills a newb with ~300k hp. How exactly is this surprising or unfair?
    The only surprising thing is that even with 72% damage reduction damage in PvP is still this absurd.

OT: It kinda does suck, getting timeless gear is probably better then entering BGs as a fresh 90. You can CC and... Yeah, that's it. In Bgs like Temple you're better off hiding in your spawn point to prevent the other team from getting VP off you just to give an example. I don't think it's fair, but other then buffing resi even further I don't see a solution here. It'll be better when the new expansion hits and the geargap isn't beyond retarded again.