Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Men and women are separated for a reason.

It isn't luck that men run faster, throw further, lift more etc.
    Yet the runner identifies and presents as a woman. That should count for something, just because she has both sets of reproductive organs is beside the point. This is a gender issue and she self identifies as female. I tend to think that counts.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    Yet the runner identifies and presents as a woman. That should count for something, just because she has both sets of reproductive organs is beside the point. This is a gender issue and she self identifies as female. I tend to think that counts.
    Even if the girl in question has "only" a xxy cromosome set without showing more androgyn features it would be highly unfair for everyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Car Racing. Motorsport in general.
    Driving a car has little to do with physical strength.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Driving a car has little to do with physical strength.
    That was the point we even have seperate categorys there when you start do it there.

Woman woulnd't win not because they couldn't do as well in theory but for other reasons.
    It would still look very bad in practise for them i think.

Maybe they would get one odd talent in a century or something.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-11-11 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    Name just 1 sport where strength and speed are the deciding factors that you think women can do just as well as the men in.

dodgeball!

we had a girl on our dodgeball team and she was awesome at it.

I think it's completely meaningless. The question isn't what someone presents as, it's whether they're churning out sufficient quantities of hormones that they have an unfair advantage in athletic competitions. Despite the common modern belief that gender is totally fluid and people can choose to be whatever they like, it just ain't so physically.

- - - Updated - - -

Name just 1 sport where strength and speed are the deciding factors that you think women can do just as well as the men in.
    Prepare for some spectacularly insane denialism...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    ...they've already confirmed the gender of said person; which must of been humiliating to say the slightest.
    It should just be a blood test or a cheek swab. Not that big of a deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    We all know that girls are the only gender that play real sports in Korea...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think it's completely meaningless. The question isn't what someone presents as, it's whether they're churning out sufficient quantities of hormones that they have an unfair advantage in athletic competitions. Despite the common modern belief that gender is totally fluid and people can choose to be whatever they like, it just ain't so physically.

- - - Updated - - -

Prepare for some spectacularly insane denialism...

- - - Updated - - -

It should just be a blood test or a cheek swab. Not that big of a deal.
    In the case of the runner, she should be banned from sports because she was born with both sets of reproductive organs? How is that remotely fair? She can't compete against the men because she's not one according to your very argument, and she can't compete against the women either. The only reasonable alternative at this juncture is to go with what the person identifies as and presents as. What else is a person born that way to do? I'm willing to wager that most can't afford an expensive surgery to remove one set of organs, especially if it's not a critical need. Doctors are reluctant to start carving people up when they don't need an organ removed. So what should the answer be?

As for the soccer player, she HAS been tested. Multiple times in multiple events, she doesn't, and shouldn't have to prove anything now. If the freakin' Olympic committee isn't good enough for these other teams I'd tell them all to bite me.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Deleted
    In the case of the runner, she should be banned from sports because she was born with both sets of reproductive organs? How is that remotely fair? She can't compete against the men because she's not one according to your very argument, and she can't compete against the women either. The only reasonable alternative at this juncture is to go with what the person identifies as and presents as.
    I would say participate where you have no unfair advantage over others because you have percs of both genders.

For everyone else Special olympics tough call and hard luck but if you want to play the disabled card do it and not cheat the fuck out of your birth deffect.

The football player if she has a xxy chromosome set ban her.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-11-12 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    why do we still have gender separate sports anyways. we are not allowed to discriminate gender wise in just about all other aspects of life. why sports
    Love to see an all femal offensive or defensive line against an all male one.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for the woman who ran in the Olympics, she identifies as a woman, presents as a woman what else matters?
    It matter's because of the fact that men will always be better than women in physical competitions. And because of that the important thing when it comes to competitions is not if the person identifies himself/herself as a women or not, what matters is what the chromosomes tells us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    what a minute I've been taught we are all equal. are we not equal? is it wrong for me to advertise looking for a male because the job requirements call for some one very strong?
    It's totally ok for you to advertise that you are looking for someone who is able to lift a certain amount of weight. You don't have to specifically ask for a man. If a women is able to lift the required weight she would be able to handle the job. That's how the fire departments does it. They have certain physical requirements that everyone who wants to become a fireman has to pass to get the job. It doesn't matter if you are male or female as long as you pass the required tests.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-11-12 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    It matter's because of the fact that men will always be better than women in physical competitions. And because of that the important thing when it comes to competitions is not if the person identifies himself/herself as a women or not, what matters is what the chromosomes tells us.

- - - Updated - - -

It's totally ok for you to advertise that you are looking for someone who is able to lift a certain amount of weight. You don't have to specifically ask for a man. If a women is able to lift the required weight she would be able to handle the job. That's how the fire departments does it. They have certain physical requirements that everyone who wants to become a fireman has to pass to get the job. It doesn't matter if you are male or female as long as you pass the required tests.
    Not always: http://now.msn.com/wendy-tapia-nyc-f...g-test-5-times

as a woman, that infuriates me they accepted someone that CLEARLY could not meet a requirement just to fill some stupid diversity quota crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not when we are talking about professional sports. If you want to keep the sport fair you have to divide people according to their biological gender.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

as a woman, that infuriates me they accepted someone that CLEARLY could not meet a requirement just to fill some stupid diversity quota crap.
    She shouldn't be allowed to continue working until she's passed all the tests.

In the case of the runner, she should be banned from sports because she was born with both sets of reproductive organs?
    Having male quantities of testosterone and other hormones isn't remotely fair. This is a sport that's dictated entirely by muscular ability and VO2 max.

How is that remotely fair? She can't compete against the men because she's not one according to your very argument, and she can't compete against the women either. The only reasonable alternative at this juncture is to go with what the person identifies as and presents as. What else is a person born that way to do?
    Not compete in professional running. Tough shit.

As for the soccer player, she HAS been tested. Multiple times in multiple events, she doesn't, and shouldn't have to prove anything now. If the freakin' Olympic committee isn't good enough for these other teams I'd tell them all to bite me.
    I didn't say anything about her.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. She's a horrible runner, lazy as shit for not improving to meet the standard, and they just gifted it to her. I sure hope it's not my house she has to pull me out of.

Deleted

She can't run 1.5 miles in 12 mins after 5 attempts? Fuck me, thats a quick jog.
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2013-11-12 at 02:05 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is a solid reason why men and women compete separately in physical sport.

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearne...ams_said_they/

original article

http://www.mid-day.com/opinion/2010/...don-Tennis.htm

She can't run 1.5 miles in 12 miles after 5 attempts? Fuck me, thats a quick jog.
    I'd rather bike 250mi than run 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'd rather bike 250mi than run 1.
    Your biking stats are most impressive, I get a sore bum on my bike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your biking stats are most impressive, I get a sore bum on my bike.
    Put the saddle back on.

10+ Year Old Account
    She can't run 1.5 miles in 12 miles after 5 attempts? Fuck me, thats a quick jog.
    1.5 miles in 12 miles. I didnt know miles was a measure of time now! *ribs*

OT: Happy to see you back!