Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seasawl0l View Post
    TLDR if you are nostalgic about Vanilla/BC/wrath/Cata dont play the game. Things are different now. Either adjust or cry in a corner. Anywho I think enhance is in a good spot right now from vanilla-cata
    If you're going to post this kind of useless piece of crap, please don't, it's insulting and doesn't bring anything to the discussion. You like how it plays now ? Good for you, but those who disagree are still allowed to speak their mind, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    A suggestion I'd make, a glyph to not change appearance, they have it for Boomkins (kinda).
    From a PvP perspective:
    Ascendance is a very powerful ability, just like, let's say, wings for Pally. When shaman pops it you know you're going to be in pain - thus it requires a clear indication when it's popped. Big, important CDs are visually impressive to give an opponent a clear signal that shit is about to happen. Removing the appearance change would let shamans pop ascendance and completely surprise his enemies, unless they do have him targeted and spot a buff on them..

So ye. I doubt blizz will let you get rid of that appearance change. Varied appearance (different per shaman race for example, or via diff glyphs) won't prolly happen either, because that'd just confuse players when they were learning how to react to various abilities their enemies could use.

I always hated PvP for how it takes away fun, to stay more balanced and competetive
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I love Ascendance. As for visuals there could be minor glyphs for that I suppose but I don't mind either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you guys are trolling or not. Shaman are one with the elements. Turning into an elemental makes perfect sense. It also looks and feels awesome turning into this big elemental and dominating everything. My favourite button in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    From a PvP perspective:
    Ascendance is a very powerful ability, just like, let's say, wings for Pally. When shaman pops it you know you're going to be in pain - thus it requires a clear indication when it's popped. Big, important CDs are visually impressive to give an opponent a clear signal that shit is about to happen. Removing the appearance change would let shamans pop ascendance and completely surprise his enemies, unless they do have him targeted and spot a buff on them..

So ye. I doubt blizz will let you get rid of that appearance change. Varied appearance (different per shaman race for example, or via diff glyphs) won't prolly happen either, because that'd just confuse players when they were learning how to react to various abilities their enemies could use.

I always hated PvP for how it takes away fun, to stay more balanced and competetive
    The strength of a CD has absolutely nothing to do with the visual that needs to be in place. Some classes like shaman and pally's happen to be the classes un lucky enough to have extreme visuals that alert the opposition of there moves. A rogues shadow blades are not visually extreme, neither is a Dk's pillar of frost, or a warlocks Dark Soul. I could go on and on, but the point has been made already.

The whole point of PVP is to confuse and surprise your enemy they are not suppose to easily figure out what your moves are. Why do u think stampede is such a hated pvp ability because it causes lots of unnecessary confusion
    Last edited by SamoTray; 2013-11-22 at 07:15 PM.

I hate it too. It's the reason I don't play my shaman in MoP. I hate having to turn into that thing regardless of spec.

Deleted
    I like it a lot :>

There is only one thing i hate about Ascendance, the fact you cant remove the buff and have to wait it out if you want to mount.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M00 View Post
    Not sure if you guys are trolling or not. Shaman are one with the elements. Turning into an elemental makes perfect sense. It also looks and feels awesome turning into this big elemental and dominating everything. My favourite button in WoW.
    I think that's a misunderstanding. I love turning into an elemental. I just dislike the model of it. It looks like one of the astral dudes living in their biospheres in TBC, rather than an elemental.

Only thing I don't like about ascendance is the fact that the synergy enhancement has with this cooldown and the massive array of proccs in the pull basically makes enhancement shaman godmode for a short fight, and only mediocre for a longer fight. I personally would prefer sustained DPS. That being said, the feeling of popping ascendance is great, and I don't mind the visuals although I feel a glyph to remove or change it would be warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    I think that's a misunderstanding. I love turning into an elemental. I just dislike the model of it. It looks like one of the astral dudes living in their biospheres in TBC, rather than an elemental.
    To be exact, ascendants aren't really elementals, they are flesh/elementals hybrids.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Yeah I agree I hate mushing those dumb 3 "Hurt More" cooldowns into a class, I hated when they gave Dark Soul to warlocks because I used to like having my biggest cooldown be Death Coil. These CDs make classes play the same.

I feel like it should be the end talent tier with a sustained increase, burst increase, and a playstyle change or something. So not every shaman needs to have ascendence but those who like that play can.

Deleted
    Well, can only speak of healing-wise, but I love Ascendance and I don't mind it's appearance. Although a glyph to change it wouldn't be bad, options aren't bad to have. DPS wise am I used to be burst-class (used to play Retri), and well, not the funnest to be entirely depending on CD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    actualy the modle was taken from the assendants in cata, think assandant lord osbidius in brc or assendant council in BoT

Deleted
    Shamans whine about cool stuff? Really?

Do you want to be taken seriously? Ascendance is really nice and better than most dps cds that are like "+20% dmg for x sec". Enhancer and Restos got some cool stuff, Ele Asc isn't my favorite, but it's not bad too.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2013-12-04 at 06:17 PM.

Deleted
    I think blizzard could alter the appearance just a tiny bit - make us transform into Ragnaros for Elemental, Al'akir for Enhancement, and Neptulon for Restoration. As a female character you'd transform into Therazane. /joke

Jokes aside there are pluses and minuses in it ( speaking from an elemental shaman point of view). The whole rotation feeling doesnt seem to differ a lot from cataclysm. During cataclysm, as elemental you would just pop Elemental Mastery every 1.5 minutes (depending on your haste levels), be OP for like 15 seconds and feel really really weak afterwards, spamming LB's, occasional Lava Bursts and rare Fulminations. Now during MoP it feels kind of the same, just that Ascendace enhances and extends the burst feeling for us ( if we take elemental mastery ), but when both of those cd's are used, it's cataclysm all over again - LB spamming, occasional Lava Bursts and Fulminations. So my point is that Ascendance doesnt solve the problem previous expansions created, it just makes it milder by making our rotation different for like 10 seconds. Other than that, i'm pretty content with the visuals, it really makes you feel like a powerful elemental. I actually even have the "FEEL THE POWER" Elemental Monstrosity qoute from Ascendant Council macro'd into this ability, which makes it feel really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    Only thing I don't like about ascendance is the fact that the synergy enhancement has with this cooldown and the massive array of proccs in the pull basically makes enhancement shaman godmode for a short fight, and only mediocre for a longer fight. I personally would prefer sustained DPS. That being said, the feeling of popping ascendance is great, and I don't mind the visuals although I feel a glyph to remove or change it would be warranted.
    Enhance is one of the best single target dps specs in the game overall, why would you want it changed? They are exceptional even over longer fights

15+ Year Old Account
    Agree to disagree with having it, personally I hate a style of play that revolves around relying on a CD, it's too predictable and takes away from my character actually feeling like he's doing something on his own, rather than just going god mode for a short while.

to meet half way, id be fine with keeping the ability, but either change the god awful look to it or allow us to glyph it out, cuz some of us think that shit is fuckered up
    TBH i got a bit bored with wow cose there is nothing really to do beside raids and couple hours of arenas altrought i love the spell itself

OT seriously visual may be a bit outdated but its 15 sec every 3 mins so its not really that important expecially in fire of fight where you prabobly dont see your char anyway (enh in my case)
    about burst issue in
    -pve it give you more power with proper lining it up with raid cds, potions and some trinkets, overall it gave more posibility to shine than just hiting same butons all the fight without having to watch, worry or care about anything beside BL when lider ask for it
    -pvp imo its beter to have some shit ready to throw in enemies fan after they burn defensive cds or to catch someone offguard than again just run around doing sustain dmg(totally predictable) higher by ~10% than now which would make uss totaly usles in pvp (would love to se some decent defensive cd or execute mechanic tho)
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-12-04 at 11:12 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

From a PvE standpoint, Shamans NEED Ascendance badly.

The majority of other classes work around a x-minute cooldown model, the only ones that I aren't (off the top of my head) are Shadow Priest and Windwalker Monk. Both Ele and Enhance shamans require Ascendance to be competitive in the burst area, taking away such a huge cooldown means that both specs take a huge hit to their DPS, and their ability to burst down raid targets when required.

I really think Enhancement needs Ascendance, to bring them in line with other classes. In past expansions, seeing an Enhancement Shaman raiding in a top guild was very uncommon, it still is now, but at least it's more common than it was back then. Remove Ascendance, Enhancement Shamans stop being brought to raids, and we all get to reroll Rogue or Death Knight.

I would appreciate it if they gave it the moonkin form treatment (Still use base player model), or the option to change the look. However there isn't any reason to remove it from the game completely.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account

TL;DR I dislike almost everything about these types of spells (increased ability output spells), the fact you are almost always relying on these CDs to ever get a kill, or to fall back on in a trouble situation to heal. Going into WoD, the elemental thing you turn into just doesn't make sense to me or feel right in any way. So maybe we can try to get the appearance changed?

What do you guys think?
    *cry* Don't try to take away one of my most important heal-CDs please!

It is the point of such an ability to fall back on in a trouble situation. That's the one single reason why such abilities exist. Healing Tide, Ascendance, Elemental Mastery, Ancestral Guidance, Primal Elementalist... all things to fall back on when you're encountering troublesome moments in a boss fight that need to be dealt with accordingly.

Take that kind of CD away and you'll have to design boss fights around players not being able to deliver more hps/dps than they usually do. You don't get spikes, you don't get temporary frenzy-style abilities, you just can't programm those "omg, that's a lot of dmg incoming!" or "that add must die FAST!!!" moments into a fight if you start thinking about removing those cooldowns.

Maybe you hate them in PvP, maybe the people you kill hate them too. But in PvE, cooldowns are what allows for oh-shit!-moments. Because you can't add oh-shit!-moments that a player has no ability to deal with. That would just be bad design.

Maybe we could get a minor glyph to chance the appearance of Ascendance though. I'd like to turn into a basic elemental or maybe just a watery version of myself when I start to heal-ascend <3