Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    So I'm really starting to dislike my pants/shoes that I have on my Ele but I really really like the chest/shoulder combo. Anyone have suggestions?
    Have you tried going to the PvP locker and previewing other options?

So I'm really starting to dislike my pants/shoes that I have on my Ele but I really really like the chest/shoulder combo. Anyone have suggestions?
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Preview_code/Armor
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Huma...le_light_armor

In case you don't want to use the locker.

What sort of thing are you looking for?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've looked at almost all options to try and figure out what would work, but either I dislike it or I'm not sure if it would really work with the rest because I'm bad at fashion. ;-; Basically I want a damn skirt! Like an honest to god skirt, not these skirt with pants. The winged leggings I dislike a lot because of the texture of them and they don't really fit with the overall feeling of the Stately chest/shoulder pieces.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2013-12-11 at 05:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    Man, GW2 has some awesome armor sets. They look really good.
    The best thing is that with the sheer variety of dyes and armor sets, if you go into a crowded city it's borderline impossible to find two people who look the same.
    Hmm unless they have no imagination and have gone the all-white or all-black route (bleh).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    My hands are itching for a makeover kit! D: Aaaaaaargh

Deleted

-snip-
    How about CoE pants? I mean these:

Quick look at the pvp locker with my ele (shoes & hands are random there)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    It has been a bit quiet for me lately. Too much IRL stuff going on. But I started new character, ranger this time. Just for my own playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyrww View Post

My little thief.
    These two characters look awesome, well done to both of you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well dungeon armor sets were thrown into PvP as skins purchasable for glory + gold, so I had to splurge

Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-12-12 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Well dungeon armor sets were thrown into PvP as skins purchasable for glory + gold, so I had to splurge
    I did the same thing, but I spent about 15k on boxes and got some decent stuff (Orrian for my warrior and necro, some Kodan pieces, Inquest, and a bunch of weapons) So tempted to grind out the glory for the light Nightmare set for my mesmer when I get that first birthday gift thing.

I'm quite disappointed that you can get any set through pvp, arah gear is quite more prestigious than cof for instance.

Is the cultural armor only usable in pvp or is it pve gear bought with glory?
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-12-13 at 08:02 PM.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

each armor piece is quite a bit of glory is it not?

I imagine the cultural set still adheres to the race restriction yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    1) The armor skins are PvP only, you buy them as full sets similar to how gem store skins work. But keep in mind that ArenaNet have made it clear they want to get rid of the "gear swap" that happens between PvE and PvP, in the future it'll all be the same thing (visually).

2) It's hardly any glory, the gold cost is more likely a harder hit for people. With glory boosters and the match wins you can farm it VERY fast now. Rank 40-50 people already had like 200K+ glory kicking around, nothing to spend it on all this time.

3) Cultural sets are race restricted, yes. Also quite a lot cheaper in terms of gold.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-12-14 at 07:25 AM.

Deleted
    Time to use 300k glory

On what? useless PvP skins which you'll unlock anyway over time?
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    On what? useless PvP skins which you'll unlock anyway over time?
    Welll...this is the first time since the game's release that the PvP community has had food scraps dropped from the mighty PvE overlords' tables (which have never had any shortages).
    At this point we're so starved that we'll take what we can get, even if it is still utterly insignificant in the face of the kind of rewards that PvE'ers have been getting for their time spent.

As a poorly drawn comic sums it up...

Wow, I suck. I have almost 3k hours played, no legendaries, less than 100g, only one set of T3 cultural, no character with over 500 skill points (if that). Course, I also have no glory either. :P

Deleted
    Hahha I can understand your feeling Lane. I "only" played 1000 hours compared to you, but I have very active guildies. And one of my friends already has 5 legendaries made WHILE I was working on my Sunrise - which I still don't have. And the sad thing is, I'm working on it for only 5 months. No idea how he does that...

I'm down to 90g thanks to Ascended Tailoring. I've been in the 400g range, but al that got spend on skins and such that I wanted. I don't play to grind gold though. No Legendaries either.

well all of you are ahead of me

no ascended (except trinkets) or legendaries, only 8 gold and just up to 453 on my weaponsmithing

I never seem to break over 200g, always get close and spend it on stuff, even if just converting to gems when the price is low. I don't care about it though, so no worries on my part.

That's with 2,325 hours...

No legendaries, tons of skill points across the alts, Only bothered making 1 ascended sword so far, but could make more whenever really. Weaponsmithing at 500, everything else is around 425ish.

Closing in on the 9k achievement mark also.

Though, I'd wager Lane is lying about the Glory, I'm sure she got some during the brief time Sprint gave glory!