Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hearthstone Beta now already on position 6

Incredible, the game is still in closed Beta and it already passes player activity in WoT, Minecraft, GW2, you name it.

Approaching Dota 2 and probably passing it in a few days time...

www.xfire.com/games

Expect Blizzard to have the biggest game of 2014 in hands.

So WHEN oh WHEN are they launching it on PC and iPads ?

95 million iPads are awaiting (with terribly bad games to crush and crash on that platform).

if they EVER make this on smart phones like IPhone or Androids ... the sky is the limit.

Buy ATVI ... now
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-12-18 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    Despite all the QQ about imbalances and stuff it still is a very good game to spend your time, fast paced and fun consider also that the Hearthstone team is like 20 people and generally made a very good job in creating a fun game!

There is no doubt its going to be huge...the only question is, how huge?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryft View Post
    There is no doubt its going to be huge...the only question is, how huge?
    If they release it for IoS and Android, the biggest game for 2014 by far. And it's up to them to find a nice, optional way to make money off it. I would propose a pay-to-play Tournament with nice, non-game-breaking rewards (like extra deck slots etc), as the RL Shop for cards isn't a long term income.

Im just wondering how xfire gets its stats? Are those top 10 games of xfire users or what?

XFire is shit to base total players off of. The stats are meaningless. This has been stated on numerous occasions for numerous games in numerous threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    Im just wondering how xfire gets its stats? Are those top 10 games of xfire users or what?
    Yes it is. It only counts people who are using and have xfire open.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    XFire is shit to base total players off of. The stats are meaningless. This has been stated on numerous occasions for numerous games in numerous threads.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought this might be the case. I haven't used xfire since it's first fad~

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it is a nice sample of PC players and while you don't believe the relations between games.

Just do the count on this western measurement.

WOW is played 4 times more than GW2.
    WOW has around 9-10 times more activity than EVE
    Dota 2 is at 40% of WOW
    LOL is played 4 x more than WOW.

if we would extrapolate the numbers we would see 3.5 M for WOW, 800-900K for GW 2, 350K for EVE (non Chinese), Dota 2 at around 1.5 M, LOL at around 14 M +

For HS it would mean around 1.2 M in Beta.

btw: Blizzard confirmed 2 weeks back there were approx 1 million beta players already. (what a coincidence )

The chances that ALL these relations fit and the sample would be meaningless is ... NILL. So the samples are good enough to view trends.

So these stats are not far off from what we already know.

the pubers who can't accept "their game" is way down the list are just whiners.

These samples as such represent PC gamers using an internet and play games... That's why samples are used for.

They don't show race, age, gender, but hey, you don't need all that to have this overview.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-12-18 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At Blizzcon they stated that the PC release for Hearthstone would be early 2014 I think? They mentioned an iOS/Android version for tablets by either late Q2 or some time in Q3 2014 if I remember rightly. Either way, you'll be playing it on your PC and your tablet by like September at the latest.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Xfire is as good a way to check game popularity as any other. Of course it's not 100% accurate. Nothing ever is. However it's obvious that HS is fairly popular. I don't think it'll be the biggest game of 2014, but it should be very successful. It all depends on how fast new expansions are released and what the competitive support will be, though
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I think Xfire is as good a way to check game popularity as any other. Of course it's not 100% accurate. Nothing ever is. However it's obvious that HS is fairly popular. I don't think it'll be the biggest game of 2014, but it should be very successful. It all depends on how fast new expansions are released and what the competitive support will be, though
    CoD4 and CoD3 are two and three on the list..I'm fairly certain Xfire is not a good way to check game popularity...
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    At Blizzcon they stated that the PC release for Hearthstone would be early 2014 I think? They mentioned an iOS/Android version for tablets by either late Q2 or some time in Q3 2014 if I remember rightly. Either way, you'll be playing it on your PC and your tablet by like September at the latest.
    I still hope for this scheme:

- January PC/Mac

- March ïPad

- June Android tablets

- Sep/Oct iPhones and smart phones.

But I guess it will (again) be too optimistic for those knowing Blizzard.

In any case, I don't see ANY decent competition on iPad. 99.9% of iPad games stink. Terrible gaming on that platform.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-12-18 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    CoD4 and CoD3 are two and three on the list..I'm fairly certain Xfire is not a good way to check game popularity...
    Hmm, I probably should have looked at the games first, didn't know the xfire community was so biased towards certain games. Anyway, you're correct
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Both these games sold 30 million + copies, it is very obvious they can't be in the top of games played on line ...

Duh ...

15+ Year Old Account
    That list looks rather scewed.

Hmm and where is GTA5? come on...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

- - - Updated - - -

To get exact numbers? Yes it is complete shit because not everyone uses Xfire. But it gives a decent sample size, more enough to make an educated guess. Ever wonder how Gallup does its polling within +-4 percent of accuracy?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Deleted
    Most of my friend list has allready stopped playing hearthstone at all.

Its made by Blizzard, so ofc it's hyped, but where is the long term motivation?

In LoL/Dota 2 u can atleast always try to get better with different heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

No kidding. Minecraft has FAR more users than WoW, yet it's so far down the list...

Xfire should never be used to prove a point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    To get exact numbers? Yes it is complete shit because not everyone uses Xfire. But it gives a decent sample size, more enough to make an educated guess. Ever wonder how Gallup does its polling within +-4 percent of accuracy?
    Problem is that with a small sample size and many producers of such list for example every gaming mag there will be incredible varied lists, especially for outline titles which obviously are not most played.

No matter with the ammount of beta keys out there and many just of which got recently released HS will score high, it is new.
    And that is tbh all the list says regarding HS, that it is new and thats why people play it. Hopefully for BLZ people will continue to play it
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Xfire isn't really THAT accurate. It's preferred by players of old games like Cod 4 and 2 and Crossfire as they let the players keep track on what server their friends are playing on. While it does provide some good info it shouldn't be trusted upon because of its bias toward certain demographics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No kidding. Minecraft has FAR more users than WoW, yet it's so far down the list...

Xfire should never be used to prove a point.
    Minecraft has sold 13M copies on PC/Mac. (Source: www.minecraft.net). World of Warcraft has 7.5M+ subscribed players. The subscribers of WoW play for much longer and more often than the 13M Minecraft players, most of whom don't play it actively. I seriously doubt that there are more active Minecraft players than active Wow Players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

Xfire is a PC platform. It doesn't have any records for console games.