Thread: Post Your UI

Only Screenshots I have atm are on my alts, but the UI outside the exact weakauras is the same. All my classes have weakauras like the ones below except my main lock which just has a darksoul and trinket ones

Alt Monk Tank

Baddy Kitty Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Muncken87 View Post

Heres mine for now.
    I think this looks great all around, until you see that chat bubble. Everything is very square and neat and then that chat bubble is round and not fitting. Otherwise I really like it. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    Oh look, how pretty, I wonder where I got the inspiration for those! Two questions for you Frantik, how'd you get rid of the % sign on the health text on raid frames?

Edit: And the decimals for that matter.

Edit 2: Is there anyway to change the chat editbox in Elv?
    Since the Elv unitframes are built on the oUF framework, all of the default oUF tags work for the Elv unitframes as well. [perhp] shows the percent number without the % symbol and without decimal. There's a few other ones as well like [perpp] which does the same for power. The chat config in Elv is pretty limited, and I don't think there is any config for the chatbox outside of changing the lua. What is it you had in mind?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Looks like the texture I had. But don't know it's name really. Could be one of the Tapestry ones or one of the Halcyon ones.

But there's something wrong with his alignment imo. Raidframes don't match the CD's and actionbars.
    I'd place the cooldown frame a pixel or 2 above your UF like the power bar. Also no idea what the icon behind it is.
    Chat could be horizontally aligned the same as stats on top. Same for minimap and DPS meter really.

But apart from that. Me like.

How do you mean raidframes dont match the cds? do you mean bartender icons and the cooldowntext above my raidframes?

About the icon behind the bar, i forgot to hide that bar from bt

Texture is DM3 cant remember where i got it from.

Will take a look at chat and minimap

Deleted
    How do you mean raidframes dont match the cds? do you mean bartender icons and the cooldowntext above my raidframes?
    Well when I look at your grid and slide my eyes to the bottom of your screen, you can see that Grid extends over the right side of the actionbars, this isn't the case on the left side. Same when you go up to the 6 icons (I presume that's the totem bar or something?). 6 icons, so the middle between icon 3 and 4 should be aligned to the middle of Grid, this again isn't the case.

Perhaps https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15576616/align.jpg makes it clearer.

Either your grid isn't correctly aligned to the middle of your screen. Or your actionbars and totembar isn't.

Deleted
    Well when I look at your grid and slide my eyes to the bottom of your screen, you can see that Grid extends over the right side of the actionbars, this isn't the case on the left side. Same when you go up to the 6 icons (I presume that's the totem bar or something?). 6 icons, so the middle between icon 3 and 4 should be aligned to the middle of Grid, this again isn't the case.

Perhaps https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15576616/align.jpg makes it clearer.

Either your grid isn't correctly aligned to the middle of your screen. Or your actionbars and totembar isn't.
    i see what you mean there, i guess if i removed 1 icon from the 2 icon bars, it would be 6 icons it would kinda fit, but not sure if i can get it exactly the same size as grid, my bartender is aligned middle, i will doublecheck the grid aswell.

I'd place the cooldown frame a pixel or 2 above your UF like the power bar. Also no idea what the icon behind it is.
    Player debuffs are under that cooldown bar thingy.

Me like.

Deleted

How about now?
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-01-04 at 09:14 PM.

Deleted

How about now?
    Aren't your actionbars technically 1px off in that screenshot?

Fairly simple. It's a work in process, still a few things I want to do with it mainly with WeakAuras, but I'm happy with it after just coming back to WoW recently.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-01-04 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiur View Post

Aren't your actionbars technically 1px off in that screenshot?
    Actionbars are a strange thing, especially if your actionbars are ordered where one action bar row is a multiple of 2 (eg 6x1, 8x2, 10x3, 12x4 etc). As you can see in the screenshot, 4 icons are either side of the center line, but it looks like the icons on the right are closer to the middle than the ones on the left, and you'd be right. Unfortunately there's no way to fix this other than through lua, if he moved his actionbars a full pixel to the right, the same effect would be happening but with the other side. If you wanted it dead perfect, you'd have to move the actionbar 0.5 pixels. For example, if x=0, you will change it to x=0.5.

Quote Originally Posted by slvlol View Post
    Fairly simple. It's a work in process, still a few things I want to do with it mainly with WeakAuras, but I'm happy with it after just coming back to WoW recently.
    Some straightforward fixes I can see straight away would be to skin your buffs to the same skin your actionbars are using. Also streamline everything to be using the same font and texture. For example, your Grid is using a different font and texture to your main unitframes and your Skada is also using a different font. Also look into a chat mod to clean it up a bit.
    Last edited by frantik; 2014-01-04 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted

How about now?
    Looks better really.

I'll never understand why people with just 1-5 keybound feel the need to have such fancy UIs. You're clicking, just use the default and be done with it. If you're designing a fancy UI for the sake of optimization, keybind some stuff while you're at it.

Since people are criticizing UIs right now I figured I'd get in on the action

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...813_190944.jpg

My immediate impression looking at it is that the targettarget buffs aren't done with Raven, so I can change that and skin them appropriately with all my other buffs. I'm also going to likely make a WA for consolidated buffs and exclude them from my current buff list. The aura timer isn't really necessary (consecration/light's hammer timers basically). I may also be able to remove the right hand data panel by moving the spec/loot to "vengeance" and making a WA for Vengeance. Combat time and current time aren't really a necessity.

Other than that i'm not 100% happy with my raid frames, though can't think of many things to do with them. I could make them larger and put them in the lower right hand corner in absence of the data text to help balance the UI a bit more. I could also likely do something with Hermes. I don't think it's entirely necessary to list all of the abilities that we don't have in the given raid, so that frees up space, and I may just make them a vertical alignment on the left side of the UI or a horizontal alignment across the top of the UI.

What do you guys think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I'll never understand why people with just 1-5 keybound feel the need to have such fancy UIs. You're clicking, just use the default and be done with it. If you're designing a fancy UI for the sake of optimization, keybind some stuff while you're at it.

If you're referencing the recent UI pictures... they all have keybinds. That's WHY they have fewer buttons. The buttons that remain on the UI are generally cooldowns (sometimes the longer ones, while the shorter, more rotational CDs show up in WAs or a cooldown timer line, like in the above UI).

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    If you're referencing the recent UI pictures... they all have keybinds. That's WHY they have fewer buttons. The buttons that remain on the UI are generally cooldowns (sometimes the longer ones, while the shorter, more rotational CDs show up in WAs or a cooldown timer line, like in the above UI).

Wasn't talking about the most recent pictures, just some of the ones in this thread that I've seen. Lots of folks with just 1 through = bound, and let's be real, most of them probably only use 1-5. Tons of time and effort put into making the UI work properly and look nice, but its all a waste if they're clicking.

Deleted
    You seem to be equating "only 1 through = are visible" with "only 1 through = are keybound" there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    For example i use my 1-5 and shift+1-5 , healing spells are bound to mouse, and also bound f,x,r and others to other spells, no need for me atleast to show all the bound spells when i remember them all .

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing with it some more. Kinda stole the placement from someone here, sorry it just looked too good =/.

By no means am I done.

This is the most recent image. I kinda like how this looks, but I have no idea where I would place auras to monitor the small things like interrupt cd, keg smash usable, etc. Also, the most important thing, energy. But I was thinking of just using the built-in energy bar of ElvUI and just detaching it from my player frame, but where to put it though?

Previous Mockups.

Changed some aura placements a bit and added more to track CDs of things.

The Dampen Harm aura, if I add a second trigger to it for Diffuse Magic, and set it to activate on any trigger, it'll change depending on which talent I have correct?

Last edited by Bryce; 2014-01-04 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I use a weakaura that shows missing Raidbuffs using weakaura and then I have all those blacklisted in Raven (buff addon) so in a sense it works as Buff Consolidation. Could post the string if you want.
    I'd love that, it's something like that I had in mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Is that friendly health percentages on raid frames? What is that for?
    As I'm not a healer I don't really care about the actual health deficit that is standard. I just want something simple that at a quick glance can give me the information that I want, I had similar setup with VuhDo except I had it display as nothing at 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    Since the Elv unitframes are built on the oUF framework, all of the default oUF tags work for the Elv unitframes as well. [perhp] shows the percent number without the % symbol and without decimal. There's a few other ones as well like [perpp] which does the same for power. The chat config in Elv is pretty limited, and I don't think there is any config for the chatbox outside of changing the lua. What is it you had in mind?
    Cool, thanks. What I had in mind for the chat was just to be able to resize the editbox and to be able to make the chat a bit smaller, similar to how yours looks, at the risk of it sounding like I am trying to just copy your UI. I am using Chatter for it right now but the actual chat doesn't really look like I want it, but sizewise the chat and editbox is exactly how I want it, but I wish to do it using Elv's chat if possible.

Hopefully I have time to sort it before my gametime runs out.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    I'd love that, it's something like that I had in mind
    http://pastebin.com/C8vcHUei

It's 2 of each buff since one is red = it's not active and the other one is the normal color which means it is active but I have that on Show:Never since I don't need to know that I have it because I get that information from knowing I don't miss it.