Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Anyone remembers Blizzard saying over and over again they want to release expansions more often? They even said "once a year". Now that's a big bullshit

Am I the only one who is excited for a new PvP season? The idea of another tier of gear excites me, I want to gear up my characters and kick ass

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Am I the only one who is excited for a new PvP season? The idea of another tier of gear excites me, I want to gear up my characters and kick ass
    nope me 2. and i really really hope they won't increase the pve ilvl. so i can kick some noob ass hc geared raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Anyone remembers Blizzard saying over and over again they want to release expansions more often? They even said "once a year". Now that's a big bullshit
    i WANT over 9000 euro on my bank account. yet i don't see it happen. sure blizzard want to release a exp every year. but it wil never going to happen. and 2 years between a exp is fine by me. still more then any other mmo out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I know I personally won't be missed. One sub out of 7 million is a drop in the bucket.

But, take your fanboy glasses off for one minute.

I've had an active sub for 6 years with no lapses. The problem is that players like me ARE beginning to quit in droves.

If you want to keep throwing your money at piss poor development, then that is your choice. No new class, no new race, rehashed outlands 2.0, etc. What are you paying for here? A higher level cap and the same old boring dungeons/BGs/gear grind.
    no new class means more time to balance the other classes. no new races. they redone the old races model its fine by me.
    it looks completly diffrent. thats like saying pandaria is rehashed version of northrend because its both a island with the main citys in the middle......
    and every exp is about a higher lvl cap new dungeons/bg/gear grind. and the whole game is about dungeon/raid/bg running and gear grind. its with every mmo. looks like you need to look for someting non mmo.
    Last edited by loki504; 2014-01-08 at 10:47 AM.

On the one hand I'm happy because it means Arena activity will get another little boost (when people are gearing), there will be a new set of gear (might be cool for transmog, this seasons sets are pretty good) and we get another chance at the titles we all want before WoD.

On the other hand, I have to gear again... and I only just finished gearing both my Druid specs. I haven't even geared my alts yet. Not sure I have the motivation to completely gear up again when it takes so long. If they increased the conquest rewards for winning Arenas it'd be fine - and wouldn't mean you have to spend 4+ hours in 2s capping if you've got a cap above 2.2k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirino View Post
    This sucks. That means there will be another 4-5 months once this new season launches before WoD. I don't want a new season I just started gearing alts with the catchup system. There is no need for a new season especially the way warriors are now? More gear and omfg im going to have to main warriors so I can literally CS and crit for 300k..... God I hope this is a troll post.
    Don't worry. Arms warriors scale worse with gear than any other class. Even MM hunters scale better. More gear = less powerful in comparison to other classes.

gear hunting again...

sometimes I think they should just make one pvp gear only per expansion, a good ilvl to not be far behind against heroic pve geared players in Wpvp, and it should be obtained by honor, so everyone could be geared more easily including alts, making pvp gear balanced at least, make some other kind of rewards for arena, idk

gearing all alts gets tiring

no new class means more time to balance the other classes. no new races. they redone the old races model its fine by me.
    it looks completly diffrent. thats like saying pandaria is rehashed version of northrend because its both a island with the main citys in the middle......
    and every exp is about a higher lvl cap new dungeons/bg/gear grind. and the whole game is about dungeon/raid/bg running and gear grind. its with every mmo. looks like you need to look for someting non mmo.
    Nevermind. You are one of those people who will just blindly throw money at WoW because you think it's the pinnacle of gaming. It isn't. And the game has plenty of fucking flaws, otherwise discussion forums like this wouldn't exist.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    gear hunting again...

sometimes I think they should just make one pvp gear only per expansion, a good ilvl to not be far behind against heroic pve geared players in Wpvp, and it should be obtained by honor, so everyone could be geared more easily including alts, making pvp gear balanced at least, make some other kind of rewards for arena, idk

But that would be too fair. Whats the fun in pvp if you cant steam roll certain people in lesser gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirino View Post
    I just don't understand why its so hard to come out with new BG's in every patch like they do raids. I would much rather grind out achievements in a new BG then a new arena season.
    Because it's fine if old raids are almost forgotten while it's not allowable or PvP maps.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Nevermind. You are one of those people who will just blindly throw money at WoW because you think it's the pinnacle of gaming. It isn't. And the game has plenty of fucking flaws, otherwise discussion forums like this wouldn't exist.
    What I see here, is another one of those people like yourself, who inexplicably stay on a forum dedicated to game that you hate. Then you spend your time swearing at people, insulting people and telling them how "ignorant" and "blind" they are.
    It's a great irony.

There's a difference between having an opinion about things one wants to change or get better, and what YOU are doing. The former is prefered, the latter is not wanted.

There can be no discussion with people like you. Your mind is set. You're here to "educate" people and tell them how wrong they are. That's not discussion.

Deleted
    I wouldn't been reading too much into it if it wasn't accompanied by another tweet :

Holinka ‏@holinka 14 h

@JoDReaper @Shaee33 @Matteygf I feel 20-25 weeks is pretty good. I'm sure some disagree.
    So yeah this is basically Blizzard performing a live suicide. If the new season lasts indeed 5-6 months, we're looking at a release in september, so 1 whole year of SoO.
    Not only will they prove that once again we ABSOLUTELY can't rely on what they announce (faster xpac yea yea) but also most people will, once again, be fed up as hell and move to something else - MMO or not.
    Well...we'll see. I'm still hoping for the best but this is getting ridiculous really. I don't get them...

So the link of the datamined gear on the front page has the ilvl at 540, not what I thought it would be. Why did we go from 496 to 522 (+26), but only go from 522 to 540 (+18)? Seems like it either means they aren't going to adjust res/fatigue (lol @ worst season ever) or they don't want the dragonslayers to feel cheated because they can't slay players with impunity on timeless isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    gear hunting again...

This just wouldn't work at all. PvE has several different tiers during an expansion (MSV/HoF & ToES > ToT > SoO and before BoT/BWD & TotFW > FL > DS). Usually the difference in item level between starting tier to ending tier is ~50 item levels (64 currently, not including thunderforged & legendary cloak).

By your suggestion, everyone should be able to buy 502 (heroic MSV gear since that was the first tier) for honor and have to stick with that whilst dragonslayers waddle around up in 550-580 gear several months later. I think the phrase one shot would start to have a more literal meaning.

And it wouldn't just be bad for PvP'ers. PvE's would need to then grind FULL PvP gear when the expansion comes out (since it's the equivalent item level of heroic gear rofl) to do raids in (which would then need to be balanced around people doing them in already full heroic gear).

Plus most of the fun for a vast majority of the PvP player base is just gearing up. I think you'd find if you removed the need to grind gear, a substantial amount of PvP'ers wouldn't PvP anymore.

Insanely bad idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    So the link of the datamined gear on the front page has the ilvl at 540, not what I thought it would be. Why did we go from 496 to 522 (+26), but only go from 522 to 540 (+18)? Seems like it either means they aren't going to adjust res/fatigue (lol @ worst season ever) or they don't want the dragonslayers to feel cheated because they can't slay players with impunity on timeless isle.
    Because otherwise there would be a lot less need for PvE players to run LFR or Flex.

Deleted
    More crit/mastery overkill is just what this game needs.

Wasn't this more or less implied anyway since there was an achievement for it since 5.4. I never had a doubt that the WOD expac would be out before summer. Considering that open BETA hasn't even been postulated yet, I share the hopes that they at least offer us some more material beyond another silly island. The extra PvP season can't just be for the preWOD launch material either, so I guess they're being sneaky about what else they have planned for MoP… this can't be all until summer.

All you people that are threatning to quit should go ahead and do it. Then be sure to post when you resub because there is no other game that matches the WoW Arena system or pvp system for that matter. Are there some classes that are overtuned right now? Sure but it happens every single season since the start of Wow Arena. You're still subbed and playing. It's going to be ok. I'd rather the Dev team work on the new xpansion to make it better, opposed to rushing it and people still complaining. I like getting shiney new gear and a new season. Maybe Im the odd man out in this one...

I know common sense is like a unicorn these days, but what's the big deal? You people act as if Blizzard releasing another season is going to change when the expansion was going to come out. The expansion will come out when they're ready for it to come out. If anything I'm happy that they're releasing content for PvPers to tide us over until Warlords is released. If, however, I get tired of waiting for the expansion to be released, I can simply UNSUBSCRIBE. What an amazing concept that is, isn't it?
    People on here need to stop acting like rabid apes and respond like civilized human beings.
    If you don't want to wait simply QUIT and resub when you want to come back. Throwing a temper tantrum on here is just childish and embarrassing to have to read from grown ass adults. Have a great day all!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    People on here need to stop acting like rabid apes and respond like civilized human beings.
    I really wonder who's acting like that right now...

While announcing the upcoming of a new pvp season doesn't change anything to the release of the new xpac (and it actually does, because they'll have to do some kind, even if minimal, of work for this new season. But that's not the point) announcing the season will last 5-6 months is actually some kind of implicit way to say that WoD won't be out before september. While this would maybe be ok as is, it's less OK when blizzard has been repeatedly saying for the past 2 years that this time around thing would go faster. Last time people had to wait a whole year....well it was DS and you see how things turned out back then. Even though we had the annual pass ! This is just totally ludicrous to do this ONCE MORE when the gaming market is worse then ever for MMO's.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE wow and WoD looks amazing. It will be less so when my coalesced realm will be empty and my friends has stopped playing out of boredom.
    This is why people complain. Oh I can subscribe and probably will for a few months if things happen this way, but as you MIGHT have realised after all these years, WoW is not a SOLO game, and my actions and enjoyment of this game relies A LOT on who I'll play with and how alive the realm is.

Also. I've haven't seen anyone "throw a temper tantrum" as you say on this thread in particular. So I really can't see the need in going all rambo on people for nothing.
    Last edited by mmoceb381e0edb; 2014-01-08 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think we will have another visual set or the same (as this season) with different stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Do you think we will have another visual set or the same (as this season) with different stats?
    Season 15 gear has been in the game files since 5.4 if you want to look at it.
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/armor?filter-pvp-only=y