Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I can't wrap my mind around an adult spending 25 dollars on this thing, and then proceeding to aggressively defend that guided decision on forums through argument. I am sitting here trying to imagine how a person like that can go through life not being taken seriously by anyone and being taken advantage of by everyone. Where do they live, how do they survive and why don't I ever met people like that irl. I have an easier time imagining flying unicorns tbh. It's one thing to splurge responsibly..
    Being broke must suck.

My WoW account is free. To "pay" for my subscription, I buy the occasional mount or pet. Since Blizzard is directly responsible for my free account, I have no problem throwing some money their way when I see something I want. When all is said and done, I end up paying way less than someone who is only paying the $15 subscription fee. If you consider $25 a lot of money, you may want to rethink your spending and saving habits. $25 should not be a splurge unless you're struggling financially, or you're insanely frugal. But, what do I know? I consider $1,000 splurging, while Bill Gates probably considers $10,000,000 splurging. It's all relative.

I don't have the new mount, and I probably won't be getting it because I'm not all that keen on the looks of it. That doesn't mean I'm going to crap all over other people that want to spend their money on it. It's none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    ''we don't want to spend our resources on more content after 5.4, as it will only delay the upcoming WoD expansion''

Adds an expensive Blizzard Store mount in the process a month later
    IMO, working on 1 mount is less of en effort on working on a new patch with new contents, perhaps new gear while the mount is one mount, skin color, lightning, sound, movement etc. all these things they have to do with one mount would be applied to many other things if they would have added another patch like Ruby Sanctum or some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchuchu View Post
    Being broke must suck.

My WoW account is free. To "pay" for my subscription, I buy the occasional mount or pet. Since Blizzard is directly responsible for my free account, I have no problem throwing some money their way when I see something I want. When all is said and done, I end up paying way less than someone who is only paying the $15 subscription fee. If you consider $25 a lot of money, you may want to rethink your spending and saving habits. $25 should not be a splurge unless you're struggling financially, or you're insanely frugal. But, what do I know? I consider $1,000 splurging, while Bill Gates probably considers $10,000,000 splurging. It's all relative.

I don't have the new mount, and I probably won't be getting it because I'm not all that keen on the looks of it. That doesn't mean I'm going to crap all over other people that want to spend their money on it. It's none of my business.
    ^^^ 100% on point.

Deleted
    ehh... next shop mount =/

Quote Originally Posted by CheerfulMatt View Post
    ^^^ 100% on point.
    except its peoples business when the game they pay for gets ruined by vanity items.

I think they're starting to exagerate a bit with all these mounts being released only in the store. This and the bat are two of the coolest looking mounts, yet in order to get them u gotta pay more than a WoW expansion. As someone who has bought all of the in-store mounts I think that $25 for a mount is way overpriced. I understand they love money, so do I, but there needs to be a balance, a "decency" towards the players if u wanna call it so. If mounts were 10 bucks a lot more people would actually buy them.

Lately (in the last couple years) there's been a lot of BAD decisions at Blizz concerning WoW....which combined has affected subs. People get fed up after so much....The fact that Greg left Blizz was a step forward, not because he was bad, but because BLIZZ needs new blood, new ideas, people that are not stuch in the past, on a single ideology, we need a couple more of the old guys to leave and then maybe WoW will be back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I can't wrap my mind around an adult spending 25 dollars on this thing, and then proceeding to aggressively defend that guided decision on forums through argument. I am sitting here trying to imagine how a person like that can go through life not being taken seriously by anyone and being taken advantage of by everyone. Where do they live, how do they survive and why don't I ever met people like that irl. I have an easier time imagining flying unicorns tbh. It's one thing to splurge responsibly..
    i cant wrap my mind around people paying 120 bucks for a belt or 300 bucks for a shoe they only wear 1 or 2 times and then in the closet it goes up on to the next expensive shoe.

fact is you either accept it or dont, argue about it wont do a damn thing unless blizzard thinks we have enough money from the mount that cost 25 bucks and no one else is buying it anymore, now lets put it for 15 so we can take people who have less to spend their money. and then we will have another raged forum of people who will complain 15 is toooooo expensive and maybe over a few months it lowers to 10 and people who have even less to spend will complain again.

its plain and simple, if u have the money to spend on the mount why not do so, just because u cant pay the price doesnt mean everyone else should stop paying it and enjoying the mount for your or like minded peoples sake. i see allot of things i want but i find it pricey im not going to rage about it.

ill stop here

Deleted
    People would buy shit on a stick from Blizzard, they're that blinkered.

Regarding the sub "going up" and this small evil somehow keeping it from going up; bullshit. There's no reason for them to hike their prices, Blizzard makes a disgusting amount of money from their subs and aren't spending it all, they aren't hurting for cash. No other sub-games do it, most of them hover around the 9-10 quid mark. This is just pure greed coming from the pressure at the top.

Meanwhile the Moonkins are being told giving them a new form would take away from other things (like making store-only unique art).
    Dungeon fans are being told it's soooo much new artwork they'd have to make when recycling stuff for scenarios is much eaiser.
    New character models, though nice, are slow going because they're using resources on crap like this.

They even made a trailer for this shit. My mind is blown.

Also $25 for a single item is ridiculous. Some full games cost less than that. At most, it should be $2-3. I still wouldn't buy it, but the principle of the thing is what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    except its peoples business when the game they pay for gets ruined by vanity items.
    How in the hell is the game ruined because of vanity items? That makes ZERO sense. It doesn't go faster. It doesn't help you level faster. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't give you ANYTHING different other then a skin on your mount. That's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrachan View Post
    cheap... greedy.... capitalist retards....

can't even move my character around from latency on EU realms; bots everywhere on bgs; Russians interrupt hacking every fight I have had today and their priority?

Speechless
    Their priority is only your money.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Give me a break. How do vanity items ruin a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    People would buy shit on a stick from Blizzard, they're that blinkered.

Regarding the sub "going up" and this small evil somehow keeping it from going up; bullshit. There's no reason for them to hike their prices, Blizzard makes a disgusting amount of money from their subs and aren't spending it all, they aren't hurting for cash. No other sub-games do it, most of them hover around the 9-10 quid mark. This is just pure greed coming from the pressure at the top.

Meanwhile the Moonkins are being told giving them a new form would take away from other things (like making store-only unique art).
    Dungeon fans are being told it's soooo much new artwork they'd have to make when recycling stuff for scenarios is much eaiser.
    New character models, though nice, are slow going because they're using resources on crap like this.

They even made a trailer for this shit. My mind is blown.

Also $25 for a single item is ridiculous. Some full games cost less than that. At most, it should be $2-3. I still wouldn't buy it, but the principle of the thing is what counts.

EXACTLY. And I didn't see the trailer until just now but the fact that they took the time to make that, and the fact that it was more entertaining to me than the Warlords of Draenor teaser trailer... is just beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    EXACTLY. And I didn't see the trailer until just now but the fact that they took the time to make that, and the fact that it was more entertaining to me than the Warlords of Draenor teaser trailer... is just beyond me.
    Actually, you should go back and look at all the launch trailers for every single expansion thus far. A lot of them are pretty underwhelming, it's only after they release the cinematic trailer do things start to heat up. I used to think the same until someone pointed this out to me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. The DLC is out before the actual game.

"What the heck is the Iron Horde?", will be what most people will be asking if they don't keep track of WoW news.

Hey Blizzard I won't pay $25 for a mount.. but if you want to put in an hour long daily quest that I must complete 60 times to unlock the mount I'd be so up for that.. because my time is worthless to me!

Quote Originally Posted by CheerfulMatt View Post
    How in the hell is the game ruined because of vanity items? That makes ZERO sense. It doesn't go faster. It doesn't help you level faster. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't give you ANYTHING different other then a skin on your mount. That's it.
    Think of it this way. All the best looking mounts are bought for money if you like mounts. What's next, buying the best armor or weapons? You go figure.

That thing is super ugly. Reminds me of invincible (cue inevitable 'then why can I see it?' trade chat troll). No thanks.

Oh, yay. Another cool looking mount that's wasted on Blizzard's $tore.

Quote Originally Posted by randomlychosen1 View Post
    Hey Blizzard I won't pay $25 for a mount.. but if you want to put in an hour long daily quest that I must complete 60 times to unlock the mount I'd be so up for that.. because my time is worthless to me!
    Great example.

The older people get, the more they realize they are paying for stuff with time not money. Many of us make $25+ in a simple hour of work, while others that might take longer to get (kids without jobs or have low income jobs). I'd rather pay with ONE hour of my life for a mount, then pay 10-15 hours in game trying to get it.

Deleted
    Kinda wish they would put such effort into the in-game mounts.