Deleted

LF a new graphics card

I'm currently sitting on a 560ti and I'm kind of getting into trouble playing current generation MMOs, like PS2 and the most recent TESO Beta, and Skyrim with a lot of mods or Witcher 2 on high settings

I'm still sitting on my last bonus from last year and I'm trying to figure out the weakest part of my current system; I think it's the graphics card

full system-specs here: http://pastebin.com/pA011LmT (sorry, forgot to switch to engrish ... )

So, here's my question(s):

• I'm willing to pay 150-250€ for a new graphics card - I usually prefer nVidia cards, I had a pretty bad experience some years ago with a HD 4850 that lasted only 2 weeks and the replacement was extemely loud (Asus EAH4850). Silence would be a huge factor, my tower stands on the desk (got a 66 kilo newfoundland - dog hair, dog hair everywhere!);
    • do I have to upgrade anything else to prevent a current generation graphics card from bottlenecking ? (I'm just pretend to know what this word means in this context.) - I guess it would be possible to overclock the CPU ... ?
    • I'm okay (ish) with 8Gb Ram ... I don't do a lot of multitasking while gaming; any reason I'd have to get up to 16Gb in the near future?

Bonus: I've been using a Logitech G13 (Mini keyboard with a lot of programmable keys) for almost 5 years now - the next-gen/currently released MMOs won't need a clusterfuck of keybindings like WoW did or LOTRO still does, so I think I'm going to get rid of it. I really like the Logitech gaming software with the programmable keys and the little screen for the Teamspeak plugin, so I'm thinking about getting a G510S - can anyone recommend or advise against it?

Bonus 2: I'm currently using a Full-HD 23" screen, I'm currently considering upgrading to a 27" 1980*1200 screen ( this one ), which I can get for 200€ ... good/crap ? I've bought 2 monitors in my life, the first one was a 17" CRT, the other one was the 23" Acer x233h from 2008 that I'm currently using.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    I'm currently sitting on a 560ti and I'm kind of getting into trouble playing current generation MMOs, like PS2 and the most recent TESO Beta, and Skyrim with a lot of mods or Witcher 2 on high settings

I'm still sitting on my last bonus from last year and I'm trying to figure out the weakest part of my current system; I think it's the graphics card
    You shouldn't use past experiences with drivers \ manufacturers as a basis for your current options. Things change all the time, and maybe you had flaky hardware.. nothing to do with the company at all.

I suggest Radeon R9 270 or 280. Good card. I prefer Radeon myself, I like the drivers better than nVidia they are a little easier in my opinion.

Gamers usually like nVidia cards.. not sure what a good upgrade for you is, but probably a GTX 650 or 670. You want to look at :

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

To get a good idea where you stand now and where you think you want to be in price. You probably will determine that 560Ti is pretty good overall... and stick with what you have. If not sell it to me!

Deleted
    yeah, I wouldn't consider upgrade if I didn't have any problems

I might stick with it until nVidia annouces/releases the 800-series to get a 760 for under 180-200€, I don't think we'll see a price-drop for the R9 series in the near future, in fact the prices went up after christmas according to tom's hardware ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    yeah, I wouldn't consider upgrade if I didn't have any problems

I might stick with it until nVidia annouces/releases the 800-series to get a 760 for under 180-200€, I don't think we'll see a price-drop for the R9 series in the near future, in fact the prices went up after christmas according to tom's hardware ..
    Before you decide to stick to nVidia, first read about Mantle for R series (link in my sig).

Also r9 270x is a great card, I have it myself and I'm loving it (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphir...ard-112170120g)
    PM me weird stuff :3

I recently had problems with my graphics card and decided to get a geforce 670 and so far I must say I am more than happy with it. It's quite quiet compared to my old one(geforce gtx 460) and I can run wow with every graphics setting maxed out without dipping below 40 fps, ever. I would definately reccomend getting nvidia geforce 670. I bought it for around 228€.
    hey :-)