Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    You can backpedal all you want, but it's right there in your text.
    OK. Normal pugs and progression guilds. I wasn't aware that you could run Flex FL, though, so I thought that I had implicitly excluded Flex pugs. So now I'm spelling it out for you again. I wasn't talking about FLEX pugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    15-20% is mains, alts are dead
    The dropoff in raiding/subs is going to be really bad this tier, due to this. Looking forward to next week's Q4 numbers, and the Q1 2014 numbers.

BTW, is it just me, or has guild progression really slowed to a crawl now? I get the impression many guilds have hit their walls.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2014-01-30 at 05:39 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    15-20% is mains, alts are dead

They didn't separate mains from alts. It was 15-20% of all lvl 90's (in the sample) had that cloak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    OK. Normal pugs and progression guilds. I wasn't aware that you could run Flex FL, though, so I thought that I had implicitly excluded Flex pugs. So now I'm spelling it out for you again. I wasn't talking about FLEX pugs.

Unless I'm missing a post. You are the only one to mention flex raiding.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Unless I'm missing a post. You are the only one to mention flex raiding.
    There isn't much normal mode pugging nowadays. Maybe there is on your server, but I don't see it on mine. Most pugs are flex, and some progression groups will sometimes try to fill a missing slot with a pug, but they typically demand 550+ and a cape. So I didn't think I needed to explicitly say "flex pug" because as far as I know there isn't any other kind for SOO. That's kind of the flip side of Flex. It may have cut into LFR, but I think it cut into normal pugs even more.
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Lets take DS as an example, to do DS heroic on a new char u had to level to 90 run some heroics. do some firlands or the new 5 mans, do few normal mode DS runs (SoO normal is tuned for cape) and then u are ready to run DS normal
    now add 3 month of firelands / valor capping / rune secret RNG to this, and its just too much time i dont have to spend on an alt

i raided DS with few chars, main was the most progressed but had lots of fun with my alts.....cant be done in SoO u feel weaker, and i know its no all bosses but for some bosses not having the cape is hard, on normal mode.

also dont compare the cape to a 580 cape, compare it to 553 one, its a big diffrent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    nightmare for an alt? Think about those who came back post 5.4 ugh
    You still have the powers to do the chain
    I have 27 alts so imagine what is to do this chain 27 times.good for me is that i dint need these all 27 characters. So far i have 5 cloaks and need 1 more and just dint have any power left to do all this stuff once again
    I dint cary in the part with quest items but that valor....3 weeks is huge waste of time for me who i do this several times

You picked a really bad sample. For one thing, the 90% of the time for protectors is spent on single target DPS. Of course the cloak isn't going to do much there. The proc shines the most on AoE damage, and there isn't much of that in this fight. Also, that character has mostly heroic warforged gear, so of course the cloak is going to do less as a percentage of overall damage because everything else they're doing is inflated to 200% of what a LFR-geared player does. Also, because the rest of his guild is probably geared in a similar manner fights are going to go by much faster, meaning fewer cloak procs. The cape is only 10% of the damage for a player in heroic gear, but what is that percentage for the typical player who is still 7/14N and is still sporting a few LFR pieces?
    The OP stated that he's 9/14 Heroic right now, so I would fully expect his guild to be relatively geared. Same guy on Heroic Spoils - cloak plus meta still only accounted for 5.37% of his total damage done. Looking at Warriorsarri on the same fight - cloak plus meta accounted for 8.54% of his total damage with the cloak alone accounting for 6.8% alone. That's an effective DPS from the cloak of 34,986. Less geared people fared even worse for DPS gain from the cloak even though the cloak ends up making up more of their total damage. Random fury warrior the cloak accounted for 9.5% of his total DPS but only contributed 24,068 DPS on a normal 25m Spoils. My point still stands - the cloak is not a make you or break you item and definitely shouldn't be what keeps you out of a guild ALT run.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Week One of Secrets on my Alt:

20 bosses, 2 secrets from 100% drop bosses. RNG is RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post

doesn't it weigh on u, like it does on me the amount of time u gonna need to put in order to get this item?
    its weigh so much on me that i dont even feel like leveling a new toon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    The OP stated that he's 9/14 Heroic right now, so I would fully expect his guild to be relatively geared. Same guy on Heroic Spoils - cloak plus meta still only accounted for 5.37% of his total damage done. Looking at Warriorsarri on the same fight - cloak plus meta accounted for 8.54% of his total damage with the cloak alone accounting for 6.8% alone. That's an effective DPS from the cloak of 34,986. Less geared people fared even worse for DPS gain from the cloak even though the cloak ends up making up more of their total damage. Random fury warrior the cloak accounted for 9.5% of his total DPS but only contributed 24,068 DPS on a normal 25m Spoils. My point still stands - the cloak is not a make you or break you item and definitely shouldn't be what keeps you out of a guild ALT run.
    u are counting only the proc frpm the cloak and not the higher ilvl

It is a test of will and endurance. Once you have ground out weeks of LFR for some items you have to do the same for more weeks and then more weeks. With the exception of Emperor Shaohao rep it is the most inane undertaking even.

God, I feel so gimp without my cloak. On the Lion's Landing part - to kill the commander. All these posts, and all this talk about how everyone has it, and it's expected makes me want it just that much more. The huge DPS increase is crazy!

I do agree with a number of others that have mentioned the problems with it though. Like how gimp you are without it and cannot possibly compete with the people who have it, and how people are less likely to take you for normal etc. Still want mine though!

Deleted
    Just gotta be patient with legendary items. Although this cape may take a while everyone is able to get it so really it doesn't feel very legendary like. I have a lot of friends and guildies who just won't bother with it now, and there's plenty people I've seen who can still pull more healing and dps without the cape, compared to those with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    My point still stands - the cloak is not a make you or break you item and definitely shouldn't be what keeps you out of a guild ALT run.
    I agree with this, but I didn't think the OP was talking about a guild alt run. Generally guilds that are pushing into heroics at this point don't have the time or roster to do alt runs. I thought he was just expressing frustration at spending 3 months underperforming by about 10% because of the gating involved in getting the cloak. Maybe you and I just read his post in different ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post

I had a similar experience. Week 1: 8 secrets, Week 2: 6 secrets, Week 3: 3 secrets, Week 4: 2 secrets (the most frustrating of all), Week 5: last drop off the very first boss. RNG can be really frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're getting a guaranteed legendary - provided you put in the time. Much like the violet-proto drake from "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been"...you get something pretty special by putting in the time. If you don't feel it is special enough to put in the time, don't.

I agree with this, but I didn't think the OP was talking about a guild alt run. Generally guilds that are pushing into heroics at this point don't have the time or roster to do alt runs. I thought he was just expressing frustration at spending 3 months underperforming by about 10% because of the gating involved in getting the cloak. Maybe you and I just read his post in different ways.
    I wanna level an alt, I wanna gear up an alt (OP)

I actually wanna change my main to raid on an alt insted but i cant (one of his replies)

in SoO 10 people without the legendary will have a realy hard time like my alt runs

basicly if i wanna raid with an alt that im starting today i wont be able to raid SoO anytime soon

the diffrent is: u could raid without other legendary, but u cant raid without this one, our alt run that i enjoyed fell apart....if u dont belive me pick up 10 people with no legendary and go kill bosses
    I could go on, but you get the gist.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    You're getting a guaranteed legendary - provided you put in the time. Much like the violet-proto drake from "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been"...you get something pretty special by putting in the time. If you don't feel it is special enough to put in the time, don't.
    I haven't seen guilds requiring a mount to raid with them though.

I find it always funny when people complain about the time it takes to get the legendary cloak.. ON THEIR ALT.

Took is 12 months on our mains, please stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    its not legendary if its guaranteed, i know im gonna get it and im gonna have to do 3 month of grinding thru old content that i already did, my best choice is to do LFR which i dislike.

but my main point is : there is an item at level 90 that u are gonna need to run raids u might not wanna run and its gonna consume time u might not have.

or i can just not even pick the quest and be weaker
    and the other option is to pick the quest but dont grind it, get is whenver which will take a long time

its weigh on me, and its weigh on many others, this max level quest waiting for you when u hit 90 on a new char, i know for a fact that alot of people wont level a new char now a days or wont play their alt cause of this frustrating concept.

even if its not mandatory its something that u gonna do cause its your BiS, its weigh on me i have a druid level 66 and i stopped leveling it, my friend have a 90 mage on sigil doesnt even wanna look at him, let alone capping valor for 3 weeks and RNG also do BGs etc.

as much as i enjoyed the legendary chain, wrathion FTW, it's now become nothing more then a bad feeling i get with a /sigh of frastration

this is the ALT time, the last raid is out and we are all waiting to the next XP and this cape isnt making life easy

With WoD due out in anywhere from 3-9 months, and SoO LFR and such being easy enough as is... unless you are doing normal/heroic progression - I wouldn't even bother. So I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    With WoD due out in anywhere from 3-9 months, and SoO LFR and such being easy enough as is... unless you are doing normal/heroic progression - I wouldn't even bother. So I'm not!
    but what if i want to do heroic/normals?