Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Good job! You need to take your own advice. You just fell into the logical fallacy of equivocation. Calling someone a bad name does NOT equate to harassment, but grabbing the ass of a co-worker is sexual harassment.
    I have no idea what you're on about, but seeing as it's friday I can imagine that some people would want to take some mind altering substances.

You defined harassment as something that happens more than once. I asked you if it is sexual harassment if it only happens once. Your response has nothing to do with what I wrote, or asked. Or are you telling me that I'm right, and that your definition of harassment was wrong? You have a very funny way of spelling it out. There seem to be a language barrier where I make sense, and you make none. Assume I'm a six year old, and talk to me accordingly.

Nope I've never been harassed. Internet bullying is so easy to avoid it amazes me people fall victim to it at such an alarming rate. Sure I've been called retarded for not clicking a WSG flag or called insane on the OT forums, but thats just anonymity talking.

I agree with your assessment of thin skinned people needing help dealing with harassment maturely rather than breaking down into a puddle of victim. The world is a place full of goods and bads and parents should be teaching their children how to deal with bads while being a mature good. Yes online harassment can and does occur in that someone is making an attempt at making others feel bad but the victim mentality is really pretty pitiful when there are so so many easy ways of handling this form of harassment.

Currently Playing: Eldevin

Deleted
    Does it count when an online stalker became a RL one?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have several email accounts. One for real stuff like work and family, one for friends, and one for forums and other crap. No one that would ever harass me gets my real email. The one I give to friends can be changed in a heart beat. I don't care if I have to or not, but I haven't done so in years. The one I use for forums like this I never really check except to delete everything in it every few days.

I don't use Facebook or other sites like that. Too many stupid people posting too many stupid things. I don't care what you had for breakfast, what song you're listening to right now, or how drunk you got at the party last night. If its something I'd care about I'll be told about it the next time I see them. Also, I'm a career professional, and I don't need my current or future work place judging me based on what some dumbass I hung out with 5 years ago posted on my wall.

On forums like this I've said things that have been unpopular, and I've had people go out of their way to try and harass me. Most sites have options to set people to ignore and report them, and I have no problem using either. But in the end if you respond you only fuel most forum trolls. Ignore them long enough and they'll get bored once they find a target that seems to care what random anonymous internet people think.

So, in short, no I've never really been harassed. Not anything that I considered serious.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You can only be harassed online if you don't have thick skin. Everyone could be against me, calling me every bad name they can think of, and it wouldn't effect me. If you sent me a picture of your privates, I would be intrigued more so than call you a pervert.

If you're easily offended, the internet is not the place for you.
    Nor is "going outside". It really is a shame that people need to have thick skin, it doesn't say a whole lot about our cultures, but such is life and all we can do is try to raise kids with proper morals and values and teach them to be prepared for those that aren't taught with proper morals and values. A lot of people are hurting inside from living nasty lives, next time some uber troll tries to take a stink on someone, just keep in mind how bad their life must suck to have to be doing something like that.

I've had some people be obnoxious, but never follow me around the internet to be obnoxious, you know?

I've never actually encountered the supposed examples where someone actively follows and antagonizes you, using websites like facebook to spread rumors and garbage about you.

In all my examples I've been able to just write off their opinions because they never actually go through with any of the threats. If some random moron on the internet types "lol go kill urself fgt" you should have the sense to disregard them and move on with your life, because everyone has to deal with those people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    i think it is mostly an american thingy to be honest. Atleast you have to be very senitive in order to care about thing happening online.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    So, I was just visiting another forum and there was a topic "have you been harassed by any other member here". It was closed soon but in that little time I managed to get into fight with a couple of people.
    Basically it was about me saying "I wish I was, it's not possible to be harassed online", then people proceeding to call me either a troll or dangerously naive and new to the internet (yeah lol, 10+ years of experience, including some of the worst troll sites, guess I'm really new) and when I asked for some real arguments, it was something like "they can hack you, steal all your personal info, harass your friends and family, find you irl" yada yada...

Now my questions: first of all, is this oversensitivity some kind of American thing?
    Second and more important: have you been harassed online, and what have they actually done? "Offended you" or "made you feel uncomfortable" don't count. Only looking for real cases.

No it's a UK thing. I think they are the only country to actually charge someone for trolling.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ust-years.html
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    I wish...

Rarely do i get PM'd or looked for.

What I'm wondering is, Deyana, are you LOOKING to get harassed? Are you hoping to get dickpics sent to you? I mean, that's what it's sounding like to me. I assure you that, unless you are a particularly good anti troll, you do NOT want to be the target of any serious online harassment... I, personally, as a dude, have never been full on harassed but I do have female friends and I have certainly heard plenty of stories of guys who simply will not leave them alone. It only gets worse when they hear their voice in ventrilo or some other voice service and they confirm that it's actually a woman playing the character. Guys can get to be pretty pathetic when it comes to women online. I don't get why guys think that sending a nude pic or a dickpic is a good idea. Most women I know would find that pretty repulsive. Maybe they think that just because they pray for nude pics or vagina pics from ANY random woman that any random woman want pics of them... I don't know. What was your reasoning Aspect of Death for sending a full nude of yourself to Mooneyes?
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never really been "harassed" online or maybe I just never considered it harassment because I just didn't pay attention to the person. I mainly just run into elitist WoW players AKA Douchebags, trolls, and just plain idiots who act like assholes for no reason other than to sound tough. When it comes to online harassment or bullying or whatever you want to call it, I just ignore it and move on. I don't waste time with people like that because it isn't worth it.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I wish...

Target acquired.

Its funny because in most cases online there is a /ignore feature which would prevent 99% of people getting any satisfaction out of any sort of so called "harassment". I really think that if someone starts fuelling the fire by talking back to a neanderthal and telling them they are going to report them bla bla bla they deserve to get trolled. Real simple /ignore or literally ignore and NOBODY is going to spend more than a few minutes of spam typing before they get bored of talking to themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I'm not too fond of people sending penis pics to me just like that. ._.

I said I was sorry, no need to shame me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    What I'm wondering is, Deyana, are you LOOKING to get harassed? Are you hoping to get dickpics sent to you? I mean, that's what it's sounding like to me. I assure you that, unless you are a particularly good anti troll, you do NOT want to be the target of any serious online harassment... I, personally, as a dude, have never been full on harassed but I do have female friends and I have certainly heard plenty of stories of guys who simply will not leave them alone. It only gets worse when they hear their voice in ventrilo or some other voice service and they confirm that it's actually a woman playing the character. Guys can get to be pretty pathetic when it comes to women online. I don't get why guys think that sending a nude pic or a dickpic is a good idea. Most women I know would find that pretty repulsive. Maybe they think that just because they pray for nude pics or vagina pics from ANY random woman that any random woman want pics of them... I don't know. What was your reasoning Aspect of Death for sending a full nude of yourself to Mooneyes?
    Yep, you could say I'm looking to get harassed. Imagine being a chick and hearing all the stories like you said, guys going crazy over a female WoW player, especially after hearing their voice, and not have any stories like that happening to you. I'm either butt ugly or have ugly voice, but I've had too many compliments for both to believe this might be the case. So I'm genuinely curious, I just can't believe any person would become an animal because of someone else, it seems so surreal, the whole "ermahgerd he follows me around the internet because he thinks I'm pretty" thing. I'd like to see it with my own eyes to understand, but so far it seems I don't attract the perverts enough, or I'm doing something completely wrong, or I'm just not so easily intimidated and they get bored of trying when I don't get all emotional because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Does it count when an online stalker became a RL one?
    Yeah, I'd say it does.

When I was young, sexual harassment meant groping an unwilling person and pretty much everything between that and a rape.

Would you stop living your everyday life to stay at home, because you're afraid of being stabbed?

And nowadays it can be something as simple as an off colour joke that has to do with sexual content in either the workplace or school. Some people take themselves WAYYYYYY to seriously, and I do believe it to be a cultural thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    I said I was sorry, no need to shame me.
    The username does not start with a P liar.

I don't attract the perverts enough, or I'm doing something completely wrong, or I'm just not so easily intimidated and they get bored of trying when I don't get all emotional because of them.
    Its much easyer to attract trolls then perverts the later one can even be a profession but requiers effort or bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    I don't get why guys think that sending a nude pic or a dickpic is a good idea. Most women I know would find that pretty repulsive.
    Was even asked for that absolutely out of context o.O
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-02-07 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I wish...

target acquired.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Did you think your post through? Be honest now. I can tell you didn't. I can link you a "how to think before speaking in 10 easy steps" if you'd like. If not, well... your call.

You're claiming it's not sexual harassment if I grab a coworkers bottom, as long as I only do it once? I can go up to her, and plant one hand on each cheek and really make them dance for me, and it's not harassment, comic mental picture aside? All you quoted was about repeated behavior. If you're gonna link huffington post quality "evidence", at least provide a link to the source. What you posted is definition of bullying, not harassment.

If in doubt, I suggest you check the law. Doesn't matter what dictionary.com says when it's a legal matter. "Only reason I did it was because wikipedia said by their definition I wasn't harassing!" <- won't hold, sorry.
    I'm gonna say if you go up and plant a hand on each cheek and make them bounce, it's probably going to be funny, and you deserve a slap in the face, and if the girl doesn't slap you in the face then she probably doesn't feel too "harassed". As for a slap on a woman's bottom once, nope not harassment, inappropriate? maybe if she doesn't like it. How about when football coach slaps the players on the ass as they are leaving the tunnel? Sexual Harassment? Honestly, up tight conservatives like to make the biggest deal about the littlest shit. Girl gets slapped on the ass? Fucking deal with it herself like an adult… I was on a boat last year and this girl was all over me, she dropped something in between my legs as she was sitting next to me, she put her entire body over my waist and bent through my legs to pick up the object she dropped, I slapped her on the ass as it was IN MY FACE, and she flipped out. Ok, mental note, don't slap her ass again.
    Last edited by plat0nic; 2014-02-07 at 09:38 PM.