Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    This supposed to be 'no break points' ? Not trying to be offensive but 1 more spell in deep freeze sounds like a huge break point to me.
    We don't even know if Deep Freeze is still in the spellbooks. It's fairly pointless in PVE and could be listed in the "too good to keep" part of PVP.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Personally, I'm going with Simca's theory (who may know more than we do): they are possibly installing a new download system for Warlords which can take a month or so of IT time.

If this is true we might get further into the beta at the start than before as I'd doubt they'd delay xpac development and hence xpac launch date to put a new download system in.
    Exactly, this is also my bet since what we've seen of WoD so far looks further along than MoP did and that confirms what we have been hearing from Blizz. I also remember something that was said that blizz was working on a new tech to better help stop/block data mining and a better way to hide things...I could bee wrong or this may have not even been said by a Blizz employee.
    *Official Ryg Tweet on Patch Notes Hype Train Passenger* -Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by fredsterr View Post
    Exactly, this is also my bet since what we've seen of WoD so far looks further along than MoP did and that confirms what we have been hearing from Blizz. I also remember something that was said that blizz was working on a new tech to better help stop/block data mining and a better way to hide things...I could bee wrong or this may have not even been said by a Blizz employee.
    That was stated way back in this thread, was the cause if the first Boub sighting I believe. Either Boub or Sinca said they have some new protection system in place.

Had to explain some false positive data mining.

That was stated way back in this thread, was the cause if the first Boub sighting I believe. Either Boub or Sinca said they have some new protection system in place.

Had to explain some false positive data mining.
    Ah, I remember now that was it!

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Currently breakpoints give FULL ticks. In WoD, they give partial ticks based on how close you are to a breakpoint. How is that huge? Your specific example with Deep Freeze is making a lot of assumptions based on how things work in MoP.
    There r probably over a hundred possible events for when you can get an extra spell with more haste, while being impossible without. Said Deep Freeze since I play a mage and popped into my mind after 0.01sec.

As for 1 more DoT tick, LOL.

Ah, I remember now that was it!
    1st, (can't believe I missed this) your avatar = pure evil.

2nd, ya that's what makes it hard, especially for those of us with no computer knowledge, to know how this would effect our ability to datamine the oh so wanted beta box.

Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    There r probably over a hundred possible events for when you can get an extra spell with more haste, while being impossible without. Said Deep Freeze since I play a mage and popped into my mind after 0.01sec.

As for 1 more DoT tick, LOL.
    You're really overthinking this. They never implied you wouldn't get more spells cast within a certain time frame because of haste, that would be silly. But to non-frost/arcane Mage casters, DoT ticks are kind a big deal.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You're really overthinking this. They never implied you wouldn't get more spells cast within a certain time frame because of haste, that would be silly. But to non-frost/arcane Mage casters, DoT ticks are kind a big deal.
    Do warlocks and boomkins and the like care about haste break points in pvp? (I only play melee classes and hunters so idk)

10+ Year Old Account
    I always disliked haste....now a reason to hate it even more.

Do warlocks and boomkins and the like care about haste break points in pvp? (I only play melee classes and hunters so idk)
    In PVP? I'm not going to pretend I know the current trends so I honestly can't answer. (Though Affliction seems rather obvious.) In PVE, even Boomkin DoTs ticks are a big deal.
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by Rygarius View Post
    I'm probably over-simplifying.

Currently, with haste you get no benefit on certain ability types until you amass enough of the stat to reach a break point. Once you reach a break point, you'll get a jump in power like a DoT gaining an extra tick. There are changes that'll allow DoTs to have a partial tick, so you don't need to hit that break point any more before benefitting from the stat.
    Can you please elaborate on the mechanic a bit more?

I understand the partial ticks mechanic but will there still be mini-breakpoints? Like each tick is now split into 5 partial ticks or each point of Haste counts towards increasing the power of the current partial tick just like intellect would do?

Also keep an eye out for bugs like the Cataclysm mastery breakpoints.

- - - Updated - - -

Also

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon 25m Randomly overheard in the class design office: "...procs on eating a penguin..." O.o

Undead racial Cannibalism getting an easter egg effect on eating a penguin corpse?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Can you please elaborate on the mechanic a bit more?

I understand the partial ticks mechanic but will there still be mini-breakpoints? Like each tick is now split into 5 partial ticks or each point of Haste counts towards increasing the power of the current partial tick just like intellect would do?

Also keep an eye out for bugs like the Cataclysm mastery breakpoints.

- - - Updated - - -

Also

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon 25m Randomly overheard in the class design office: "...procs on eating a penguin..." O.o

Undead racial Cannibalism getting an easter egg effect on eating a penguin corpse?
    braaaaaaaaainsss freeze?

For those looking for fuel for your hype train, wowhead just released a nifty new feature that tracks all the key blizz twitter accounts:

http://wowhead.com/bluetweets

Quote Originally Posted by Jinksey View Post
    For those looking for fuel for your hype train, wowhead just released a nifty new feature that tracks all the key blizz twitter accounts:

Very nice indeed!

Shame that it looks on mobile like this:

BUT likely great minds think alike (lol), and I'm in the process of releasing an app for iPhones that will do pretty much the same. No Twitter account required either! Currently in review by Apple for the App Store.

Screenshots:

Cheers.
    Last edited by mgs; 2014-03-05 at 02:01 AM. Reason: fixed URLs

10+ Year Old Account
    /WTB MMO Champ app for my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Wasn't talking about your post really. More so people that directly asks them ''Hey when is beta?'' on twitter. Like really.
    Cost/benefit. It costs nothing but like 3 seconds to type out "When's beta ? " in a tweet to a dev, whereas if they were literally about to flip the switch anyway they might be allowed to say "Right now !" .. and boom your 3 seconds turns you into an internet hero.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinksey View Post

Nice, now I can unfollow all the devs/cms ... haha ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    /WTB MMO Champ app for my iPhone
    Seconded! (Pretty please?)

1st, (can't believe I missed this) your avatar = pure evil.
    Haha I'm just glad it's baseball season again!

Haha I'm just glad it's baseball season again!
    I waited every year of my life for the Pirates to make the playoffs (21) and the cards ruined it! Lol

Anyways, back on topic: I'm surprised today is quiet. Normally there's more blue activity on Tuesdays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Nice, now I can unfollow all the devs/cms ... haha ...
    Meh, the feature seems to only show their straight tweeted things, so you still need to periodically check their accounts for things they tweeted in answer to people (which is where the real good stuff usually is).

It's sort of convenient if you like to keep your twitter clean, but I still prefer to be able to quickly look into their accounts.

Otherwise I have to wait for chaud to put it on the frontpage. :<