Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Locks have some of the best sets in the game IMO, followed by shamans

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Shamans! => 100% agree with Everything Nice

It's because they have the theme of four visually completely different elements, spirtual stuff as well as primal stuff.
    Hunter gear can be used most of the time and shares the animalistic/primal aspect often, so it doesn't feel out of place often to mix the two either. There's also lots of non shamanistic hunter gear, as well as warrior-esque (from the lvl area warriors wear it) around, if you want to go offroad class identity-wise, not mentioning that there's a lot of mail that looks more like leather (as in Everything Nice's example).
    Shamans wear kilts/robes also, in addition to pants.

Soo... the option between robes/kilts (clothy), leathery look, scales and chains as well as platey looking stuff. As elemental/resto you can wear both 2h (staves), 1h/shield and 1h/offhand, so the most free in terms of weapon mogging as a caster as well. Plus, as a enh, rocking badass axes/maces/fists is awesome.

If blizz added swords (for enh at least from loot table balance POV) and more dark shaman stuff (not unlikely with WoD's theme) like acid, slime and w/e, there would be additional open doors for shadowy/dark/sinister also.

With mail, you can do pretty much anything...except play dress-up with your blood elf bikini-barbie (or w/e race's pixelated ass you want to oggle).
    If you're more about cool stuff/serious buisness/practical stuff though, I cant imagine any armor type better than mail, no class better than shaman.

As for races, I think orcs in general fit the most stuff (male one's hunch back deforms belts a little though)
    Tauren are more restricted, in that helms can be tricky. Plus, hooves and boots...
    Trolls look good with the voodoo/troll based stuff, obviously, but also many others. Orcs pull off the arch-typcial WC3 shaman style better though. (male trolls see male orcs (hunchback/belts) and trolls = tauren in terms of boots)
    The upside of picking tauren/troll is that when you run with a robe/kilt, you wont have to mog boots, as they wont be visible anyways.

I consider these three original shaman races the best ones in terms of mogging. Following these I'd name dwarves (beards will cover chests partially and not work with every helm so yeah), then goblin, then draenei and then panda (the last three aren't really shamanistic style-wise, and playing short races/space goats/fat furries in general I do not consider aesthethic, but to everyone its own.

Watch my posted mogs here (dont want to spam my pictures in too many threads) to get an idea how versatile shaman mogging is. These mogs, for the most part, are going for the primal/animalistic theme. There's a lot more when looking at all the elemental ones too.

Edit: Blizz also seems to favor shamans gear/style-wise. There's hardly bad looking tiers expect for the rotten apple here or there (mostly pvp ones). Our mogs can be made to fit enchants easily when hiding them's not an option. WoD (entire horde expansion, with shamanism playing a big role), cataclysm (entire expansion was about thrall and the elements, and death wing, the former "earth-warden" as antagonist), ToT, za, zg, all those patches about trolls scream shamanism, wether cloth/leather/mail/plate gear, they're voodoo/shamanistic. Tbc is to a big degree about horde and their primalistic ways also.

In short: You can be sure there'll always be a strong stream of new and awesome stuff to mog, where blizz has given up the struggle for new and original stuff for example for rogues, or warriors, long ago. Other classes are in their themes much more restricted, so even if theirs only two mail classes vs the other armor types three, we have the most versatility.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-03-09 at 08:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    My favourites to mog are Paladins or Priests. They have a nice broad variety of stuff to chose from as well as some gorgeous tier sets.
    Conversely to the poster above me, I found my Shaman quite hard mog. I try to find mog gear that doesn't look out of place with the race of my character - since I play a Dreanei Shaman, I feel a bit more limited with gear choice compared to say, an Orc or Troll Shaman.
    I think leather wearers come off the worst, I found it quite tough to come up with nice looking sets for my Druid. Much of their gear has a very 'samey' feel to it.
    I have seen a few people put together outstanding Druid sets, which is all the more impressive given the choices available.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    From an aesthetic standpoint, Cloth technically has the most options, while Mail has the least. Leather is in third place, while Plate occupies the second-most available transmog-option slot.

In terms of "best" it's really up to personal preference. I definitely have a lot more fun 'mogging my Hunter (minus helms, because goblin ears make me cringe) than any of my alts.

Edit: Although it is kind of interesting to see what I can come up with for my lock, mage, and warrior.
    Last edited by Arcanimus; 2014-03-10 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Waubice View Post
    If you're looking to just get a character with cool gear, what class would you pick?
    I'd argue priest, paladin, or rogue. Priest because you can look like a healer or DPS. Paladin because... well... Paladin. And rogue have access to a lot of blades, legendaries, and sneaky features.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go with:

Paladin: There are many cool plate sets, if you dislike "bikini" plates just use male characters...

Priest: There are more different styles if you use cloth items and priest are the ones who have more unique and cool sets...

Note: Warlock have really cool looking sets but for most of those sets there are non especific class recolors of that set...

Shaman: sadly there are not that many cool options when it come to mail items but they are also the easier items that can be combined easily (different sets and items that don't have anything to do with the other and still looks great)

I'm fairly happy with Monk due to the overlap with Druids and Rogues. You can use polearms, staves, and all one-handed weapons in the game.

Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    If you're looking to just get a character with cool gear, what class would you pick?
    paladin
    priest.

But it depends on what you like. personally I like the TBC pally and priest sets. but if you want darker stuff then warrior, warlock, DK...

Its personal taste.

Priest > Warlock > Paladin >>> Mage > Rogue = Druid = Shaman = Warrior > Hunter > Monk > Death Knight

In my opinion.

Monk and Paladin lose out because they have access to much fewer tier / pvp sets.
    Monk is ahead of DK imo, because all leather armor was designed with Rogues and Druids in mind, and both of those themes can fit the monk quite well. Whereas DK's usually don't fit at all with Paladin intended plate. Plus DK's generally have a pretty limited "theme", I find, it has to be deathy and evil with lots of skulls and preferably black / blue, or green, or red. That makes transmogging for a DK pretty difficult.

I find most Hunter and Warrior sets pretty dull or ugly, sadly. Priest, Lock and Paladin have the shiniest, most eye-catching sets, in my opinion.

Druid especially and Mage I find somewhat disappointing ... I find that their classes' themes are incredibly cool and lend to better looking armor than they currently have. T5 is the best druid set in my opinion, because of those flowers growing out of the shoulders, I wish there were much more stuff like that! I want to see far more leaves, flowers, branches and ranks in druid sets, something that really grows and looks alive and screams "nature". (Of course, there need to be "savage" sets as well for the feral / guardian druids.)

My problem with plate is that combining stuff is pretty hard. Plate usually looks the best when you wear a full set of something, including pants, gloves, belt, shoes. With Cloth, you're much more free to experiment around.
    Last edited by Awbee; 2014-03-21 at 03:02 PM.

To be honest, there are so many different gear styles of all type of armors. You can easily pick a theme and just go for it. Just figure out a theme, find a fauvorite piece you wanna build your gear sets around.

Deleted
    I think cloth items look the best, I have a Hunter and a Shaman and both get crappy looking gear, nothing sexy/feminine =(

15+ Year Old Account
    Cloth, leather and plate wearers are best imo

*pokes monk armory in sig..WTB leather helm from Illidan :S*

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll tell you who I think are the worst. Mages and mail wearers seem to have little or no cool sets to be found.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm fairly happy with Monk due to the overlap with Druids and Rogues. You can use polearms, staves, and all one-handed weapons in the game.
    Except for daggers. /nitpick

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Monk and Paladin lose out because they have access to much fewer tier / pvp sets.
    Do you mean Deathknight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights in T12 Heroic look a like.

Deleted
    I'd say Plate > Cloth > Leather > Mail

I personally love Warrior, Paladin, Mage and Priest sets.

Deleted
    Depends your taste, there is more good sets for my fem draenei hunter and shaman than i can fit in my bank/void storage. Mail armor has also bonus that it has many (though usually low level) pieces that look like leather or plate armor. Of course hunter/shaman limits your weapon options. Worst classes IMO are clothies, you have two looks, slut or full robe.

Edit: also mail armor has wide variety, ranging from futuristic scifi-armors to bones'n'shit tribalistic pieces. And as i mentioned above, you can get leather-, scale-, semi-plate- or even few cloth-looking pieces.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2014-03-23 at 10:26 AM.