Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dead Space free on Origin!

Don't know if it's intentional or someone is about to bring cake to the office tomorrow morning, but the first Dead Space is currently free on the Origin store!

Edit: Alright, so it turns out to be intentional. It's part of a new EA promotion to occasionally offer free games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...free-on-origin
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2014-03-28 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    stuff and more stuff
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-03-30 at 09:23 AM.

Thx Nerrow, never being a fan of this series but as a gift, i'll check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they ever release a patch for the poor PC controls?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    As much as I love the first game, I would never install Orgin. I hate EA too much.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Did they ever release a patch for the poor PC controls?
    I think that is intentional. You know, survival horror games usually having sluggish tank controls and all (though even DS1 is diet survival horror).

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for letting us know. Origin > Steam ...jk
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2014-03-27 at 07:54 PM.

Thats amazing, but I already got Dead Space for free when they sold them in a bundle for like 1 dollar

Its a really good horror game, worth a try

Thanks for the info. I always wanted to try the game.

Sadly it's on Origin though. They could throw in a back rub along with the free game and that still wouldn't convince me to reinstall Origin.

Thanks for the info. Never really gotten into the dead space games myself, but i'll deffinately check it out now, since it's free.

Available for free on EU (UK) Origin.
    Assuming someone here can see it on another region, then it isn't likely to be an accident and is intentional.

I already had it from the EA Humble Bundle a while back.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Origin has much much much better consumer protection system with refunds etc, while only in 2013 Steam showed few time how really they don't care about costumers and that any developer can pretty easy scam Steam users.

10+ Year Old Account
    deleted just because
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-03-30 at 11:37 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    dead space is a great game but the PC port isn't up to snuff. The control are sluggish and there is inconsistency between mouse sensitivity in game and in menu.
    I suggest turning off V-sync (for some reason it helps with mouse sensitivity) and have a mouse that can change DPI on the fly.

You could also play with a pad, but i don't like to play shooter with a pad.

Alright, so it turns out to be intentional. It's part of a new EA promotion to occasionally offer free games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain what the hell is wrong with origin? I have used it for years and have never had a single problem. In fact steam has had more. Now I still prefer steam but I don't see the issue with Origin. And it can have some really good sales if you look. And now it looks like it will be getting free games like PS+.
    Aye mate

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Can someone explain what the hell is wrong with origin? I have used it for years and have never had a single problem. In fact steam has had more. Now I still prefer steam but I don't see the issue with Origin. And it can have some really good sales if you look. And now it looks like it will be getting free games like PS+.
    nothing wrong with origin, it just work. You can point out the lack of function and games compare to steam, but that is not an issue. Don't recall a major problem with origin ever but i miss some features on some game like achievements (and stats), community pages, workshop.

Deleted
    The lack of achievements to me is a bonus, wish I could turn that crap off on steam...
    As for Origin problems, I (& couple of mates) took over two hours just trying to get keys to work via Origin, not had that with steam.

Personally though, I don`t like having to run either steam or Origin just to run a game, but that`s just me...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Alright, so it turns out to be intentional. It's part of a new EA promotion to occasionally offer free games.

Better start with dated games that nobody buys anyway.

A genuinely freaky game.

Sort of glad DS3 toned it down a bit. But also sort of sad.