Weapons and transmogrification

Hey all,

I recently rolled a rogue and it occured to me for the first time that daggers and fist weapons cannot be transmogged into different type weapons (unlike staves-polearms and maces-swords-axes). A likely reason for this is that daggers and fist weapons use different animations than the other weapon types.

Is it just me, or is this unfair? E.g. a warrior wearing dualwielding maces/swords/axes has a lot transmogrification choice, whereas an assassination/subtlety rogue is restricted to using daggers, which as a weapon type in itself have a lot less variety of shapes and sizes compared to maces, swords and axes.

It's even weirder for say a druid or shaman healer with a caster fist weapon, who can't use a mace or dagger transmog even though they aren't even using attack animations.

Shouldn't it be an option to be able to cross-transmog daggers and fist weapons along with the other types (of course assuming they are compatible with your class), and to adjust the combat animation to the weapon your weapon has been transmogrified into?

TLDR; I'm an assassination rogue and want to dual wield Fist of the Deity but I can't and it's unfair and pointless qq

Come on, snap out of it! You are a rogue, man. Daggers look cool, and there are a ton of bad ass daggers out there. Find your dagger look, and be a... dare I say it, fan of knives!

One rogue to another.

You are late to the party.

This has been a problem since Transmog was released.

Originally, your MH dagger could not be mogged to a dagger that was a OH only.
    Atleast you can mog Axe to Sword now and vice versa

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll look stupid stabbing with a mace. But really, the only thing that makes sense for your spec is a dagger, thus the transmog limit.

Deleted
    As Yosef said the limitations are there because you'ld have a lot of people transmogging to stuff that wont make sense. It's purely because of the animations and how horribly stupid it'll look stabbing with anything other than a dagger.

They could obviously change the animations based on the item you transmog into... but there are more important things to spend time on.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosef1015 View Post
    You'll look stupid stabbing with a mace. But really, the only thing that makes sense for your spec is a dagger, thus the transmog limit.
    I always giggle on my Fury warrior when I raging Blow with 2 2H Maces and kind of just Jab my opponent in their Kidneys since it uses the Mutilate animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    I always giggle on my Fury warrior when I raging Blow with 2 2H Maces and kind of just Jab my opponent in their Kidneys since it uses the Mutilate animation.
    That actually sounds really painful. Working as intended.

All I'm saying is, why should warriors be able to choose from three weapon types and am I limited to daggers?

What would it matter if I could transmog my dagger into a fist weapon and it would look like I was actually wielding a fist weapon?

Go combat, and you can choose whatever options a warrior has.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer View Post
    All I'm saying is, why should warriors be able to choose from three weapon types and am I limited to daggers?
    Should've rolled a warrior

Deleted

What would it matter if I could transmog my dagger into a fist weapon and it would look like I was actually wielding a fist weapon?
    Because it's hard to backstab someone with a mace.

That shaman/druid/monk you mentioned using a caster fist weapon and OH? He basically looks like he has nothing equipped, not even a dagger sheathed at the hip. Even when using a staff, I just have a 6 foot pole duct taped to my back.

You can have your dagger transmogs when my casters actually USE their weapons/OH items when they cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Because it's hard to backstab someone with a mace.
    Tell that to someone on Dark Souls

Anyway, two options, find an epic dagger that you like, or switch spec that uses swords ect
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all,

I recently rolled a rogue and it occured to me for the first time that daggers and fist weapons cannot be transmogged into different type weapons (unlike staves-polearms and maces-swords-axes). A likely reason for this is that daggers and fist weapons use different animations than the other weapon types.

Is it just me, or is this unfair? E.g. a warrior wearing dualwielding maces/swords/axes has a lot transmogrification choice, whereas an assassination/subtlety rogue is restricted to using daggers, which as a weapon type in itself have a lot less variety of shapes and sizes compared to maces, swords and axes.

It's even weirder for say a druid or shaman healer with a caster fist weapon, who can't use a mace or dagger transmog even though they aren't even using attack animations.

Shouldn't it be an option to be able to cross-transmog daggers and fist weapons along with the other types (of course assuming they are compatible with your class), and to adjust the combat animation to the weapon your weapon has been transmogrified into?

TLDR; I'm an assassination rogue and want to dual wield Fist of the Deity but I can't and it's unfair and pointless qq
    It's mostly a technical thing, not so much a philosophy thing. Although your Shaman healer might not use attack animations, other fist weapon using classes (including enh. shammies) do use attack animations, which would lead to weird things like a shaman "punching" people while wielding axes, or rogues "stabbing" with maces.

The game itself doesn't "see" transmogs, so it looks at what you have eqipeed and says "Hmm, a dagger, so use stabbing animation", so unfortunately, even if you had a mace, the game itself is still "seeing" a dagger equipped.

That said, as some friendly advice, download the addon "Mogit" (can be found on Curse), I'm not a fan of dagger models either, but there are some pretty sweet ones out there, I'm sure you can find a few you like
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosef1015 View Post
    I dunno, I think a rogue would look just fine with a fist weapon crossmog. If anything, it fits, since fist weapons and daggers are about the same size and an assassin could easily use fist weapons instead of daggers. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elorii View Post
    Come on, snap out of it! You are a rogue, man. Daggers look cool, and there are a ton of bad ass daggers out there. Find your dagger look, and be a... dare I say it, fan of knives!

One rogue to another.
    People actually like daggers? I'm still waiting for more axes to be attached to your back instead of your sides (like the ICC axes).