Page 2 of 174 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue (Subtlety): Backstab can now be used on either side of the target, in addition to behind the target.

I still don't understand this wording. Why not just say it no longer requires the Rogue to be behind the target?

but still Crimson Tempest/FoK are gonna be dealing mainly dot aoe/cleave and at this point that is pretty much useless. I just don't understand why they cant make all abilities cleave for less damage if targets are in range and if not single target for 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Rogue (Subtlety): Backstab can now be used on either side of the target, in addition to behind the target.

I still don't understand this wording. Why not just say it no longer requires the Rogue to be behind the target?
    They may mean on the left or right side of the target and not the face.

Deleted
    Cause we still won't be able to use it on the face. I can't remember the current angle on backstab but I assume the new maximum could be as high as 270 if it's already 180 now but it could just be 90 now I've not really tested it.

Deleted
    I am not so happy about those changes and I need to relief myself by commentating on them.

All
    Improved Recuperate - Increases healing from Recuperate by 20%.
    I guess that one doesn't really matter, not that recup is that great of a selfheal right now. We have a glyph right now and a pvp glove bonus for it which increases it by 66% total and you still cannot really notice a difference.

Assassination
    Improved Slice and Dice - Slice and Dice is now always passively active.
    In a 100% uptime fight this was already given, exept when going full multirup. I rate this change as not having an impact on the rotation.
    Enhanced Vendetta - After activating Vendetta, your next Mutilate, Dispatch, Envenom, or Ambush has 100% increased chance to be a critical strike.
    So we get 3 more guaranteed crits in a 5 min fight assuming vendetta has a 2m CD sans readiness. yay. Also this means they didn't cull vendetta.
    Improved Venomous Wounds - Venomous Wounds now triggers every time Rupture or Garotte deals damage.
    So it acts like sub's slice and dice. That's fine I guess. Due to the increased energy cap assa has, this wasn't really an issue in pve, I guess you can appreciate the constant energy flow in pvp though.
    Enhanced Poisons - Fan of Knives will always apply your poisons to the targets hit.
    Doesn't really affect pve. On second thought it might due to lemon zest. Track DP and reapply it on a given number of targets with a 100% chance. Might still be worse than target switching every couple of seconds. In pvp this lets you AoE snare a group of people to delay them from reaching an objective.
    Enhanced Crimson Tempest - Crimson Tempest also increases the damage targets take from your poisons by 30% for 1 sec plus 1 sec per combo point.
    So they finally got around to give that AoE finisher a use for assa? About time.
    Empowered Envenom - While Envenom is active, you deal 20% more damage with Mutilate and Dispatch.
    I can see this raising the skillcap - nice.
    Improved Rupture - Dispatch deals 20% additional damage.
    Not sure I understand this one. Probably a typo here - but probably just a 20% increase to something. Not that amazing.
    Enhanced Envenom - Envenom grants an additional 15% to your chance to apply poisons.
    So 30% total? A sleight skill cap increase I guess by increasing the dmg for more envenom uptime.

Combat
    Empowered Bandit's Guile - Bandit's Guile grants an additional 20% damage increase while in Deep Insight.
    So +50% total for deep insight? I bet this is really interesting for theory crafters since this reignites the Restless Blades vs Bandit's Guile question. I wonder if there will be a definite answer to this like right now. (Right now it's do not pay much attention to BG since RB > all).
    Also this breaks combat pvp even more since we probably do even less now outside of it. Also KS might be over the top in pvp with 50% insight. "CC that rogue, he as deep insight"
    Instant Poison - Replaces your Deadly Poison with Instant Poison. Instant Poison - Coats your weapons with a Lethal Poison that lasts for 1 hour. Each strike has a 30% chance of instantly poisoning the enemy for XXXX Nature damage.
    Since DP only stacked to 1 during MoP, I don't really see a difference other than not leaving a DoT in pvp.
    Enhanced Adrenaline Rush - While Adrenaline Rush is active, the global cooldown on Sinister Strike, Revealing Strike, Eviscerate, Slice and Dice, and Rupture is reduced by an additional 0.3 sec.
    This one is the weirdest imo. They did this for combat with T15. And it was a pain. Even if you were as a person fully capable of dealing with the 0.5s GCD, there were technical limitations such as imput lag or generally bad ping (oceanic) that could screw you over. People complained over it and to relief people they came up with 50e SS and went back to 0.8s GCD. And now they go back apparently, I wonder what the energy cost for SS will be.
    Enhanced Fan of Knives - Reduces the Energy cost of Fan of Knives by 10.
    Since combat does not gain the 100% poison chance I wonder what the correct use of this skill will be. Right now you can weave it in for DP application, but combat will lose that poison. AoE Sunder armor maybe? Actually never mind that though, seeing as weakened armor is apparently being removed. There might be no realy use to Fan Of Knives for combat now, Crimson Tempest 2.0
    The following abilities no longer apply the Weakened Blows effect.
    Druid: Faerie Fire now applies Physical Vulnerability, increasing Physical damage taken by 4% for 30 seconds.
    Warrior (Protection): Devastate
    The following abilities have been removed.
    Hunter Pets: Tallstrider: Dust Cloud, Raptor: Tear Armor
    Rogue: Expose Armor
    Warrior: Sunder Armor
    Empowered Crimson Tempest - Crimson Tempest no longer deals any periodic damage, and instead deals 240% increased initial damage.
    With this AND Blade Flurry, there will be a definite answer to how many targets you need for this move to be worthwhile.
    Improved Ambidexterity - You no longer have a penalty to hitting with your autoattacks due to dual-wielding.
    Some more passive damage that we will be balanced around.
    Improved Sinister Strike - Increases the damage done by Sinister Strike by 20%.
    Improved Eviscerate - Increases the damage done by Eviscerate by 20%.
    Some uninteresting damage changes that might get changed anytime anyway.
    Subtlety
    Improved Backstab - Increases the damage done by Backstab by 20%.
    Improved Ambush - Increases the damage done by Ambush by 20%.
    Improved Hemorrhage - Increases the damage done by Hemorrhage by 20%.
    Some more uninteresting damage changes that might get changed anytime anyway.
    Enhanced Vanish - Reduces the cooldown on Vanish by 30 sec.
    That sounds quite interesting, might spice sub a bit up assuming it will still be viable in pve.
    Enhanced Eviscerate - Reduces the Energy cost of Eviscerate by 5.
    Don't really have an opinion on that one. I guess 5 more energy for other skills is nice.
    Enhanced Shadow Dance - Increases the duration of Shadow Dance by 2 sec.
    I really like that one. Who doesn't like Shadow Dance? And now we get 25% more of that!
    Empowered Fan of Knives - Fan of Knives now generates a combo point for each target that it hits.
    Seems like sub will get good AoE. This probably sounds better than it will turn out. The best use of this might be a scenario where you have 1 priority target and 4 adds and your rotation changes to Fan -> Evi -> Fan -> Evi for high damage on the priority target. You could also think of crimson tempest spam, but seeing you clip the dot, that might not be optimal. There probably needs to be theory craft done on.
    Enhanced Premeditation - Premeditation is no longer an active ability. Instead your Garrote and Ambush always generate 2 additional combo points when used from Stealth. This affect does not apply while Shadow Dance is active.
    I actually liked that Premed gave you some flexibility as you could for example prefight slice and dice. But I won't really miss it that much I guess.

Finally got that off my chest. Really wondering what their goal and design choice is for Adrenaline Rust and that 0.5s GCD
    Last edited by mmoc7df6ba81a8; 2014-04-04 at 01:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's stupid... Well, still LOVE the other changes (except taking away Disarm Traps). Much more excited for this expansion and I already was pretty excited

Deleted
    I like that they'll separate good assassination rogues even more from those who don't with the increased damage while envenom is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    We still have CPs on Rogue!

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...96688609734656

EDIT: Typo.
    HOORAY! That's the change I wanted most. Such a massive QoL increase.

Deleted
    ERM from what he said I think they're on us like holy power. Much wow/happy

Such ninjas

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Disarm Trap has been removed.
    I
    I..
    I need a moment...
    I'm with you on this. It was a signature rogue ability and not that OP imo. Guess disarm trap is the new swirly ball.

Assassination can now use 1h weapons. Fuck yeah! Don't give a shit if they're inferior, goodbye shitty daggers, hello glorious transmog! All without having to play carpal tunnel syndrome combat!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Assassination can now use 1h weapons. Fuck yeah! Don't give a shit if they're inferior, goodbye shitty daggers, hello glorious transmog! All without having to play carpal tunnel syndrome combat!
    Only fist-weapons and swords though.

Quote Originally Posted by bzhai View Post
    I'm with you on this. It was a signature rogue ability and not that OP imo. Guess disarm trap is the new swirly ball.
    I don't see the point in 'culling' it, couldnt you just right click any trip you could disarm. i.e. it didn't take up a icon anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    We still have CPs on Rogue!

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...96688609734656

EDIT: Typo.
    Huge change and they forgot to put in the notes lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bzhai View Post
    Wow, also just saw that. Now why would they do that? It wasn't even a button you had to push. They talked about changing the way hunter traps work, maybe hunter have now a greater reliance on traps and we would have ruined their day if we kept disarm trap.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a new passive, named Critical Strikes, which increases chance to critically strike by 10%.
    It is learned by all Rogues, all Hunters, Feral and Guardian Druids, Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks, and Enhancement Shamans.

Makes you feel good playing one of those classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a new passive, named Critical Strikes, which increases chance to critically strike by 10%.
    It is learned by all Rogues, all Hunters, Feral and Guardian Druids, Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks, and Enhancement Shamans.

it is there to partially compensate for the fact that agile classes are supposed to crit but crit was removed from agility.

On the other hand, Agility and Int no longer increase chance to crit.

"Combat
    Empowered Crimson Tempest - Crimson Tempest no longer deals any periodic damage, and instead deals 240% increased initial damage."

Am I the only one who thinks this should be an assassination ability? we have aoe dot damage with fok/poisons. Assassination lacks a hard hitting aoe.