Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I cannot believe they are genuinely removing the lightning bolt movement. Have they forgotten how utterly gimped elemental shamans are in PvP and movement fights without it?

Hopefully the glyph will be available again. Odd change. Can't realistically see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    I cannot believe they are genuinely removing the lightning bolt movement. Have they forgotten how utterly gimped elemental shamans are in PvP and movement fights without it?

Hopefully the glyph will be available again. Odd change. Can't realistically see it happening.
    it is happening to most of range classes - why should spriest be the one punished with no cast on move - this is bringing range back into place they belong - u decide to bring more range to your raid to make mechanics easier then u suffer dps loss - its a very good move from perspective of melee dps who were outcasts in raid scene for last couple of tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I know I'll be shot down here but it does sound to me like WoD is further back than MoP was in terms of start times of alphas and betas.
    No, you're right. MoP was 5 months from announcement to beta, then 5 months to pre-expansion patch, then another month to launch.

By that schedule, WoD should have been in beta about a week ago. It's not significantly behind (yet).

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The alpha announcement was made because the build had to be uploaded publicly to let employees play from home, which would allow datamining. The notes and announcement helped to provide context for some of the reported changes.
    What a load of bullshit. Or then a concidence that one of the most hyped competitive MMOs was released on the same day.

NPCs in your garrison will actually notice you and walk around you, as to not bump into you when they are walking down the road to work.
    This is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The alpha announcement was made because the build had to be uploaded publicly to let employees play from home, which would allow datamining. The notes and announcement helped to provide context for some of the reported changes.
    What a load of bullshit. Or then a concidence that one of the most hyped competitive MMOs was released on the same day.
    And some kind of beta (like WoD closed beta or even if it's Heroes of the Storm open beta) will probably happen on Wildstar launch.

Still funny seeing ppl going crazy as if beta will happen this week "BECAUSE BLIZZ IS GIVING BETA KEYS ALREAD!" hahahahahaha

Retribution is in a good place design wise, but their numbers are a little low. This will be addressed in a later tuning pass.
    They've been saying this for 4 years. Fact of the matter is, they are terrified of another 3.0 where rets ran around for 2 WHOLE WEEKS overpowered (oh the humanity). Ret will never get a proper damage pass until they remove almost all our burst and roll our damage into passives, something we've been asking for since WOTLK. Asking for, and not getting because of one certain crab-bastard insisting that RET BURST IZ AWSUM and then Blizzard failing at numbers passes because of it.

Now that GC is out the door (good riddance) Blizzard can finally get over this stupid notion that rets want to do good DPS for 20% of the fight and hit like a wet noodle the rest. We don't wanna be warlocks, but at the same time I don't want to be out-DPSed by an elemental shaman (another hybrid) with 10 less ilvls than me on 90% of SoO fights.

Deleted
    Based on this, December 2014 imo.

Deleted
    It'll be interesting to see how they will handle ALTs with the Garrisons.

It'd be SO cool to have them in there as followers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Based on this, December 2014 imo.
    Sadly yes... not even in F&F yet. Poper BETA in June or July? Raid testing in Sept-Nov?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightning Bolt no longer being castable on the move is a big change, but it was done to make movement reduce the damage that ranged DPS does. There are other spells that you can cast while moving, such as Shocks and Unleash Weapon...

So elemental shaman who are close to the bottom when it comes to dps done are going to get nerfed yet again. What about the amount of dps Frost mages do with their instant cast Ice Lance? Why is that still able to be cast while moving? If you're going to nerf things like this make it for all casting classes, specially ones that hit incredibly hard. Stop screwing with elemental shamans.

That Screenshot of the spiked mountains really shows how weak WoW's engine is. Those textures look gawd awful.. they is no detail in them. It's like a giant dog did triangular turds all over the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post

They're only gimped because of how they're balanced. If Lava Burst did 500% more damage you'd be OP, right? Just because some weight is taken off one side doesn't mean it can't be replaced with something else, or that it won't also be taken off the other side too. That's how balance works. It's not as easy when your scale has 34 arms.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    That Screenshot of the spiked mountains really shows how weak WoW's engine is. Those textures look gawd awful.. they is no detail in them. It's like a giant dog did triangular turds all over the land.
    Yeah, it looks like some kind of rough draft. WTF is that kind of crap doing in an ALPHA? Don't they know there are screenshots being shown of this game coming out in the next year?
    Last edited by TheBaron87; 2014-04-14 at 01:30 PM.

Is touch of death still going to work on raid bosses? That sounds OP as hell.

ZOMG AoD back! (not that it really went, but back with instant cast yes!)

If the screenshots are representative we might actually have a little bit better "night" time now, which is awesome. Actually liked all of them, stoked but seems like it still might take a good while to become ready for launch.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Another expansion another 180 degree turn on healing, it's getting superior boring now. Tired of re-learning healing each and every expansion.

Playing a priest since Classic, I feel like healers are the only ones who really need to work in this game. Tanking became retardedly easy, and DPS never really have to do anything but press buttons in a sequence. Also switched to DPS/Tank Warrior mid Pandaria, and the game became so much less stressful it's not worth mentioning, just do the sequence of button presses, watch big numbers go out, step out of shit and wait for heals to drop on you, even easier when you play a ranged class.

Whilst I though spam healing in BC and Wrath was stupid, I actually wish I'd have more of that nowdays instead of making stupid calculations of what you can cast and what not in certain situations - as explained above, nobody else has to do that, but healers, and now it seems we get our "oh shit" spells removed, to make healers life even more stressful - spread this love to other roles too, or make healing as dumb and straightforward.
    Noticed that too, huh? "Welcome to the expansion! You no longer know how to heal". I'd say I'm glad I play DPS now, except I play a hunter and the just removed a ton of my abilities.

I'm starting to wonder if they're not trying to go to a model of game play that could be accomplished with a game pad. I sincerely hope not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    They've been saying this for 4 years. Fact of the matter is, they are terrified of another 3.0 where rets ran around for 2 WHOLE WEEKS overpowered (oh the humanity). Ret will never get a proper damage pass until they remove almost all our burst and roll our damage into passives, something we've been asking for since WOTLK. Asking for, and not getting because of one certain crab-bastard insisting that RET BURST IZ AWSUM and then Blizzard failing at numbers passes because of it.

Now that GC is out the door (good riddance) Blizzard can finally get over this stupid notion that rets want to do good DPS for 20% of the fight and hit like a wet noodle the rest. We don't wanna be warlocks, but at the same time I don't want to be out-DPSed by an elemental shaman (another hybrid) with 10 less ilvls than me on 90% of SoO fights.
    i really feel bad for ret paladins since they are in a bad spot when it comes to dmg done right now >.< What makes this worse is the fact that u insulted my spec ele shaman. Its interesting how most ppl seem to know which class is good/bad (like we all know how op the locks are) but at the same time we get the same responses `x class is ok we are happy with where he is right now (on the bottom and it should stay there)` lets get some equal ground here lets put retri paladins on top followed by ele shamans and the rest of the weak dps classes and for one expansion have mages and locks be on the bottom!

IF only though....

looking good still so far.
    also the dark legacy comic was cool

"Symbiosis was a cool spell, but it was hard to understand and added a ton of button bloat." How is one button added to a character button bloat? Once you learned what every symbiosis gave to you, it was easy to understand as well. Blizzard thinks retards play this game, which I guess they kind of do now.