Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    SWTOR is excellent if played as a single player game, play it on both factions for different stories and you can have a great RPG for free. Shame the end game sucks though, great RPG, crap MMORPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    SWTOR is excellent if played as a single player game, play it on both factions for different stories and you can have a great RPG for free. Shame the end game sucks though, great RPG, crap MMORPG.
    I hated leveling in SWTOR. Too much grind, too little story. In general, the story is good and the amount of it is decent, but there is just too little of it compared to how much time you spend doing mindless "kill 30 Imperials" quests...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    If you want a well crafted, well written Star Wars RPG experience. Play KotOR. If you want all of that plus updated graphics and a little more potential, play SWTOR.
    I wouldn't call it "all of that". TOR may have the best story for an MMO, but it hardly touches KOTOR in terms of role play.

OT: Star Wars: The Clone Wars. You're going to need an older system or an emulator to play it. I game is a bit average but I loved the Rep Gunship missions.
    Last edited by kail; 2014-04-17 at 03:02 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I wouldn't call it "all of that". TOR may have the best story for an MMO, but it hardly touches KOTOR in terms of role play.
    RPG in our time doesn't literally mean that you are pretending to be a character and making choices like you are that character in some incredibly immersive and open way. Not even KotOR provides that. Beyond LS/DS, which gives you different abilities and story, there's no diversion from an on rails experience. SWTOR is no different in that regard with the exception that your choices don't provide different abilities, merely access to different dialogue, appearance, and other cosmetic goodies (like speeders). You are a character playing a role in a larger story(role playing). You do that in both games.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    RPG in our time doesn't literally mean that you are pretending to be a character and making choices like you are that character in some incredibly immersive and open way. Not even KotOR provides that. Beyond LS/DS, which gives you different abilities and story, there's no diversion from an on rails experience. SWTOR is no different in that regard with the exception that your choices don't provide different abilities, merely access to different dialogue, appearance, and other cosmetic goodies (like speeders). You are a character playing a role in a larger story(role playing). You do that in both games.
    In KOTOR, you try to learn what the hell happened in an asteroid, your going through dead people's messages and finding clues. Playing a mission out in KOTOR is can be more than just killing the enemy, you can sometimes talk your way out of it or set up the environment to do the work for you. The dialogue in KOTOR far more extensive than just 3 corny responses that TOR offers (I partly blame the VA). You have the option to ask questions that are important to continue a certain quest/mission. You can skip all of the conversation in TOR and just read the quest objectives or look at the map.

I'm not saying TOR is completely devoid of role-playing elements, because it isn't. But it is more simplified than KOTOR, mostly because it's an MMO.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    *snip*
    They are both very streamlined RPGs with mostly linear paths based on a few choices. KOTOR is still one of the best ever made and I enjoyed it immensely, but let's call a spade a spade here. Neither are all that different design wise in terms of following a path of an already written story. The MMO is more linear by default of being an MMO, correct, but neither provides some massive immersive role to play. My assessment was fair and I'll stand by that. Anything else is likely to be circular conversation so I'll end it here.
    BAD WOLF

Sorry, pet peeve.

Rogue is the sneaky thief that backstabs.

Rouge is the stuff that women apply on their cheek to make them look more flush, so basically Rouge = RED.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there a way to play kotor 2 with xbox 360 controller ? i dont see it in options but i have seen a video on yt of a guy playing it with the controller

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Jedi Knight II and Jedi Knight III are still my favorite FPS games of all time. They are not much about story, but the gameplay is simply amazing.

KotoR 1 & 2 - one of the best RPGs in history; they also take back to 4000 years from the movies, so you will learn a lot of new lore from there.

Personally I didn't like Force Unleashed, but maybe you would like it, who knows.

Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds is Age of Empires 2 clone in Star Wars setting; if you liked AoE2, then you will probably like its campaigns illustrating events from movies for different sides.
    Yes, yes, and yes. I forgot about this one.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    The Force Unleashed

Starkiller is everything the good guy skywalkers are not...badass, well told story about his conflict between good and bad and it's easy to get into as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    The endgame is SWTOR is good I don't know why people would say it sucks as its pretty much the same as WoW at the end of the day, although since its not as old as WoW there is not as much but still plenty to do, many of the aspects in ToR are much more enjoyable than WoW including the PvP, but endgame can be subjective so if you only do raids in WoW for example then you would only really be interested in OPs and maybe dailies to boost your credits if needed.

If your only looking for an RPG element then the choices I would have would be KOTOR 1 & 2 and SWTOR which has a good story line throughout but due to it being an MMO your obviously going to get the standard kill this many or pick up this many things quests which are needed to help gain levels.

Battlefront 3 from Dice will be epic, really hope they nail it.