Sigh, been playing D3 the last 2 hours and this is dropped in the meantime >.<

If on top of that they will make switching seals remove all Holy Power we have, I will flip a table and next throw it out the window.

It will be old warrior stances all over again, paladin version.
    Last edited by rad586; 2014-04-22 at 09:38 PM.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That. Provided you say it nicely and not be rude about it(Which you aren't btw).
    That's a good save. Dakeshi perfectly exemplifies the problem with;

Exactly. Our utility is good on paper but in current design, you never see it used. If encounters lets you use the single target utility more, there is absolutely no issue.
    There are a lot of theoretical uses for our utility, the question is not so much "do you have it" and more "is it used/needed".

Sure having a raft is great in case of a flood, but it's worth nothing to nobody if you live in the middle of a desert. Our utility is only as good as it's utilization. It's as simple as that.

It's a problem of matching class balance with encounter design. Sure they won't cater to every class/spec's utility, but there needs to be at least something that's good constantly.

Give us back our Sanctity Aura damn it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post

If on top of that they will make switching seals remove all Holy Power we have, I will flip a table and next throw it out the window.

See, I actually want to see them do Consumable/Seal Twisting because I think it can offer big potential if done right (which, perhaps I have more faith in them than some people here). I'd like them to at least try in Alpha/Early Beta.

I'd imagine that HP would remain, and it'd be off GCD. I think they'd stray away from, at the least, wiping HP (and more likely no GCD too) because they didn't like how it worked for other classes. But just because it didn't work for Warriors, doesn't mean it can't work for Paladin's as well.

I do think our Spec/Rotation is at a good spot, but I hate how certain aspects of the class have been entirely killed off.

Removed Consecration, Removed auras, Seals being a bit static. These are all thins that I LOVED about the class, but I see getting snipped and trimmed each expansion, and it does kill me inside. I'd like to see something done with seals which makes them more than what they currently are.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2014-04-22 at 09:56 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    See, I actually want to see them do Consumable/Seal Twisting because I think it can offer big potential if done right (which, perhaps I have more faith in them than some people here). I'd like them to at least try in Alpha/Early Beta.

I'd imagine that HP would remain, and it'd be off GCD. I think they'd stray away from, at the least, wiping HP (and more likely no GCD too) because they didn't like how it worked for other classes. But just because it didn't work for Warriors, doesn't mean it can't work for Paladin's as well.
    Well celestalon already said they weren't taking seals off the GCD right now. If they keep going with this, I really hope they don't give DS the same treatment, because as bear mentioned on twitter, and maybe here, I can't remember right now, but any fight that periodically spawns adds just adds that much more clunkiness to our playstyle, switching between the two for a short time to kill some adds. You'd have to reassess almost every week, if not every pull, if it's actually worth wasting the gcds swapping seals. And it might not always be worth it anyway if someone else in your raid gets lucky with crits and the adds die faster than you were expecting, thus making your throughput take a hit solely because you didn't have enough time to warrant the seal swap.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Well celestalon already said they weren't taking seals off the GCD right now. If they keep going with this, I really hope they don't give DS the same treatment, because as bear mentioned on twitter, and maybe here, I can't remember right now, but any fight that periodically spawns adds just adds that much more clunkiness to our playstyle, switching between the two for a short time to kill some adds. You'd have to reassess almost every week, if not every pull, if it's actually worth wasting the gcds swapping seals. And it might not always be worth it anyway if someone else in your raid gets lucky with crits and the adds die faster than you were expecting, thus making your throughput take a hit solely because you didn't have enough time to warrant the seal swap.
    Blegh, that's disheartening, but there is tons of time to still see it changed. Especially since they don't have a clear plan of how it will work, and if this all goes through.

Seeing them make DS apart of the tier bonus experiment makes me hope even more that they don't lock it. It has it's own place and own use (much like Holy Wrath, and consecration did RIP), we're already in a weird spot with no real AoE on demand (no target requirement, or HP requirement) spell, and to lose that would be a solid blow.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    we're already in a weird spot with no real AoE on demand (no target requirement, or HP requirement) spell, and to lose that would be a solid blow.
    uggg I hate lei shi SOOOOO much because of this .. pool HP for 1 DS then sit with your thumb up yer ass til she comes back urgh
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    uggg I hate lei shi SOOOOO much because of this .. pool HP for 1 DS then sit with your thumb up yer ass til she comes back urgh
    I always had a shadow priest casting their AoE on top of my head while I was running around

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    I always had a shadow priest casting their AoE on top of my head while I was running around
    yeah... we didn't have one....
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemar View Post
    Yeah... Rets are going to be great. As if -.- Compared to vanilla maybe.
    Like any spec in the game, it depends on how other specs perform. If you get beta, don't just run around as Ret. Play as other classes and specs to get a feel in how everything works.

Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    So, Blizzcon 2014 on Nov 7 and 8. WoD after?
    Most likely near the end of November. Just in time for Xmas, like I heard when they're going to release it. It seems the price of $50 for the expansion shows up on the battle.net website. Along with Elder Scrolls locking out the Imperial Race to only Collectors edition. I don't see myself continuing MMO's for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylanthia View Post
    On the plus side, Blizzard fixed the low haste problem! Hard to have empty globals if you have to constantly seal swap.
    I laughed way too hard at this
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Like any spec in the game, it depends on how other specs perform. If you get beta, don't just run around as Ret. Play as other classes and specs to get a feel in how everything works.
    You're right. Though I haven't seen anything that would lessen performance of other specs until now. (Granted, I just flew over the patch notes for the other classes, so I might've missed a lot - if so, please correct me)
    Last edited by Kelemar; 2014-04-22 at 10:30 PM.

You're right. Though I haven't seen anything that would lessen performance of other specs until now. (Granted, I just flew over the patch notes for the other classes, so I might've missed a lot - if so, please correct me)
    Ending snapshotting. Ever seen a lock do 900k on protectors? Snapshotting. Aff is fundamentally changing. Cats too.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    Ending snapshotting. Ever seen a lock do 900k on protectors? Snapshotting. Aff is fundamentally changing. Cats too.
    Ah, yeah, removal of snapshotting. Some classes are more affected by it than others. Sorry I forgot that. Anyway, I suppose they don't have to waste GCDs for dps? That's what my original intent was, more or less. AGH, Seal swapping just seems stupid = =
    I need to calm down a bit.

10+ Year Old Account

That would be rather annoying.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, yeah, removal of snapshotting. Some classes are more affected by it than others. Sorry I forgot that. Anyway, I suppose they don't have to waste GCDs for dps? That's what my original intent was, more or less. AGH, Seal swapping just seems stupid = =
    I need to calm down a bit.
    Seal swapping ON the gcd seems annoying. I, personally, wouldn't be remotely as annoyed by the thought if it wasn't.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Seal swapping ON the gcd seems annoying. I, personally, wouldn't be remotely as annoyed by the thought if it wasn't.
    Y-yeah, that's what I meant. In its current iteration.

As a tank i regularly weave CS and Hammer once I have aoe threat, to help burn down one mob while I maintain aggro. That is more or less not an option, which seems ridiculous.

It also seems like they had this GENIUS idea to 'save' us buttons by combining CS and Hammer, but in doing that...we now have to bind 2 buttons for our seals cause we gotta swap so often. So in reality they just added 1 bind to everyone and a GCD cost to going form single target to AoE.

Meanwhile Blade Flurry=Same Role. Nerf your single target to do some AoE damage. No GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand blizzards weird mindset. On one hand, they removing any type of stancedancing for warriors. On the other hand we get a stance dance mechanic?

I hope it doesn't survive the beta...
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I don't understand blizzards weird mindset. On one hand, they removing any type of stancedancing for warriors. On the other hand we get a stance dance mechanic?

I hope it doesn't survive the beta...
    Just because it didn't work for once class, doesn't mean it won't work for another.

I think, theoretically, Seal twisting is much better and solid mechanic wise than stance dancing. It's just about getting execution right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because it didn't work for once class, doesn't mean it won't work for another.

I think, theoretically, Seal twisting is much better and solid mechanic wise than stance dancing. It's just about getting execution right.
    Could you elaborate as to how it could work. I'm being sincere. No sarcasm here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

if they want to do something meaningful with seals, by all means, but not this crap of tying 2 "actions" to do something that was 1 action b4; simple as choosing to do hammeroftherighteous instead of crusader strike and finishing with divine storm instead of TV.