Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WOD best race for alliance/horde (DPS wise)

Just wondering if anyone has calculated or rumor crafted the best race for Hunters for both factions when WOD comes out. I am guessing Space goat(lame looking race)/Dwarf for alliance and Orc/Troll for Horde.

Im tired of panda...

Can't really calculate anything with this little info. T_T

Kind of early to speculate with no open beta yet, don't you think?

Well from what they have told us they are adding and changing for most races its a good start at speculating what will be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    Well from what they have told us they are adding and changing for most races its a good start at speculating what will be best.
    Not really. We don't know how damage numbers will look. We don't know if we'll crit enough in general for the Tauren racial to be better than X/Y racial, for example.

Without any reasonable knowledge of how damage output is going to look for hunters baseline, we can't start estimating how good the racials will be. They all look to have potential to be the best, and how the damage output looks will end up determining which one is sub-1% better than the worst one.

If it's not fem cow I'll be upset

A couple threads already out there:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...highlight=race
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...highlight=race

In conclusion, we do not know how stats will be weighted. They have said many times each stat will be beneficial so it is likely just whatever you want, maybe orc and troll for on use racials.

Min/maxing at this level is only relevant to players who is at top 5-10 raiding, where you reach bosses with significantly lower ilvl then recommended and every small gain is neccessary.
    Let's say for myself I reached garrosh hc with 574 ilvl like a week ago, which is like 5-8 ilvls higher then what method had when they reached him, 1% more crit ain't going to help me much at this point as dps isn't the issue anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Min/maxing at this level is only relevant to players who is at top 5-10 raiding, where you reach bosses with significantly lower ilvl then recommended and every small gain is neccessary.
    Let's say for myself I reached garrosh hc with 574 ilvl like a week ago, which is like 5-8 ilvls higher then what method had when they reached him, 1% more crit ain't going to help me much at this point as dps isn't the issue anyway.
    It's relevant to anyone who wants to perform at their best regardless of what level they raid in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has calculated or rumor crafted the best race for Hunters for both factions when WOD comes out. I am guessing Space goat(lame looking race)/Dwarf for alliance and Orc/Troll for Horde.

Im tired of panda...
    If you are one of those top-tier raiders, for whom it actually makes a difference, then you would probably have gotten the answer yourself. Racials make such a marginal difference, even more so in WoD, that they are neglectable.

My personal opinion: If you play a race you don't like just for the racials then something is really wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    It's relevant to anyone who wants to perform at their best regardless of what level they raid in.
    That is called waste of time, not min/maxing.

You call it min-maxing, but only if top players do it - for everyone else it's a waste of time. Lol?

It's called min-maxing because that's what you are doing. If there's a measurable gain (which there pretty much always is), then it's not a waste of time regardless of what you think about it.

You call it min-maxing, but only if top players do it - for everyone else it's a waste of time. Lol?

It's called min-maxing because that's what you are doing. If there's a measurable gain (which there pretty much always is), then it's not a waste of time regardless of what you think about it.
    What do you mean with "Lol?" are you asking me if I'm laughing?

What do you mean with "Lol?" are you asking me if I'm laughing?
    Are you pretending to be stupid so you don't have to acknowledge that I'm right?

Are you pretending to be stupid so you don't have to acknowledge that I'm right?
    It was a honest question, besides there is nothing else I wanted to add to this discussion, you can't understand anyway and as with all time wastes, I prefer not to get involved longer the neccessary.

It was a honest question, besides there is nothing else I wanted to add to this discussion, you can't understand anyway and as with all time wastes, I prefer not to get involved longer the neccessary.
    What am I not understanding? You say that min-maxing your race unless you're a top player is a waste of time, implying that it's not an increase for others to go for the best race possible, or something? I get it, you say it doesn't matter, but it doesn't make it a waste of time if maximizing your damage is what makes you tick, which is the case for a lot of people.

You can't spew some asinine, close-minded bs and then just back out when someone proves you wrong with a petty excuse of it being a waste of your time, then you shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

Deleted
    That IS min/maxing!
    Best results requires best possible gear + flasks/potions/food.
    Sometimes even professions must be changed. same with racials..

Never farmed hc dungeon loot for 1-2% dps increase? because it is waste of time?
    Maybe you raid with mining, herbalism? Because 320 int/agi/str is waste?
    Never used 300 food? Because 25 extra int/str/agi does not make difference?
    potions? farming is waste of time?
    Following trinket procs? too hard to set up right addons/waste of time?

I know - each of those things adds maybe 1-2 % of your total damage.. but piecing together it may increase your damage by 5-10%. and that is NOT waste of time when you are fighting for reams first!

EVERY detail can lead you to faster kill!
    Even racials!
    There is a reason why most top guilds went horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't spew some asinine, close-minded bs and then just back out when someone proves you wrong with a petty excuse of it being a waste of your time, then you shouldn't have said anything in the first place.
    Welcome to mmo champion hunter forums

As long as berserking stays for trolls it will most likely be the best of the horde racials, but taurens also look promising for crit heavy classes like elemental shamans (2% extra crit damage.)
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

TBH who cares?
    will there be any new races or classes out there in WOD ? No.

this is just the way of blizz to shuffle the cards every xpac and sometimes every major patch to get ppl busy with thier toons.
    patch X and youre No.1 on dps , Patch X+2 youre somewhere in the middle cause another class got some love from the devs.

you think they are still trying to "balance" the classes ? after 10 years?
    No, they are just shuffling the deck so ppl will change mains , change races for money maybe and while the comunity is busy with that
    the Devs are buying thier time...

if a class will be best dps or healing in 6.0 it might be just the other way around at 6.1....

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    TBH who cares?
    will there be any new races or classes out there in WOD ? No.

this is just the way of blizz to shuffle the cards every xpac and sometimes every major patch to get ppl busy with thier toons.
    patch X and youre No.1 on dps , Patch X+2 youre somewhere in the middle cause another class got some love from the devs.

you think they are still trying to "balance" the classes ? after 10 years?
    No, they are just shuffling the deck so ppl will change mains , change races for money maybe and while the comunity is busy with that
    the Devs are buying thier time...

if a class will be best dps or healing in 6.0 it might be just the other way around at 6.1....
    This has nothing to do with classes, what are you talking about? This is hunter forums + Nobody is forcing/urging you to change race for money at any point ever, it's a choice. 99% of people probably wouldn't spend however much a race change is for a 1% DPS increase. I know I would, though.