Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Watch Justice League: Doom. This is pretty clearly spelled out.
    That had someone with shoot Supes with a kryptonite bullet. That works fine, if an evil Batman wants to assassinate Superman, or if Superman decides to make a big speech about how he's turning evil or whatever or is just mindlessly rampaging, then Batman decides to stop him. BUT, if one morning Superman woke up and decided he was gonna become a world conqueror or whatever and would show no mercy to his enemies, he could kill Batman before Batman could do a THING about it, and that JLoom "Superman counter" would have no chance in hell of working. Seriously, think about it. Clark shows up at the Batcave. Bats wants to know what's going on, and Supes starts to speak then in under a millisecond(thanks to his speed), he's punched straight through Batman's chest. Supes may not be a genius, but he knows how dangerous Batman is, he knows Bats has kryptonite, so taking him out would be a priority...and seriously, if I can come up with a plot like that, so can Supes. And regardless of Batman's skill, if Supes was in the same room as him(which is easily arranged even with Batman's paranoia), he could kill Batman in a about a dozen ways BEFORE BATS EVEN HAD TIME TO REACH FOR HIS UTILITY BELT.

Seriously, I like Batman way more than Superman, but if Superman went rogue himself(ie, not not under someone else's mind control/brainwashing) and retained his intelligence(ie, didn't become a completely warped laughing loon or something), Batman has no chance in hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    See the thing is is that Batman is so crazy he already thought of that scenario.

At this point for Superman to beat Batman would mean spent the same amount of time obsessing about beating someone as Batman, and Superman just isn't that crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Batman isn't just a human though. Batman is a lvl 10 sociopath, perhaps even psychotic, the man ain't right in the head. How many Robin's have to die?!? But what the tradeoff of being functionally insane, your obsessions, compulsions, and paranoia makes you a damn good investigator. Batman isn't a peace until he knows about 12 different ways to kill anyone he meets, that includes those with superpowers like Superman. Everyone has a weakness and Batman knows how to exploit that weakness, thats why he is a mere human that rolls with people like Superman.
    Bullshit. You're projecting your personal feelings on Batman.

1. Batman isn't crazy, he has a very sound mind.
    2. Batman doesn't have the answer to everything, as proven by the many fights he's lost, to Superman and others.
    3. Not everyone has a weakness
    4. Batman is not a member of the Justice League because he can exploit weaknesses, that sells him short by a lot. Batman knows over 100 martial arts, he has superhuman agility and intellect, a nearly endless bank account, a PHD in over 20 different fields and most importantly, an unwavering sense of justice and the will to do what's right. The whole package is what makes Batman a superhero, but fans like you latch onto his ability to make plans and prepare for fights as if it's both some kind of god mode and the only important thing about him. Well it's not.

Also, Batman has thought of scenarios where Superman goes totally rogue and evil. He hopes that never happens, because there's no way that he can feasibly stop Superman if one day Clark gets up and decides he wants to blow up the Earth from space. Above all Batman is a realist and does not think himself or his plan infallible.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2014-05-02 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    See the thing is is that Batman is so crazy he already thought of that scenario.
    Batman's whole counter to Superman is having kryptonite. If Supes went totally rogue and at least had the sense to not make an announcement about it and deal with Batman BEFORE he did anything else, he's so fucking fast that Batman would be a bloody smear before he had time to THINK about REACHING for his kryptonite, much less actually get it out and use it.

Meh, we all know Wonder Woman would beat the shit out of Supes.

/runs

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i swear, having batman on any level near someone like superman is just pure fan pandering bullshit.
    Superman gave Batman the ability.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/sc...g/1100-145740/

Not on his level, but he can kill him.
    You cared enough to post.

What about Batman Vs Wonder Woman? She may not be Superman but she's still leagues above Batman in sheer brute power, and she doesn't have the glaring weakness of kryptonite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    First the reason everyone is calling it Batman vs Superman atm is because DC and WB themselves are currently referring to it as that. They haven't settled on an actual title and thus are just referring to it as Batman vs Superman. Second this movie is being setup to lead into the Justice League that is gonna follow it. Hence why they currently have Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg and it is being said to not be surprised to hear others being cast. Now do I agree that this is a wise decision? No, but I'm not in charge of it. I think they should be it like Marvel and setup each character in their own solo movie establishing them and their backstories. I agree that DC and WB see what The Avengers did and were like "Damn we need to get on this since the fans want a JL movie."

As per how MoS went, I felt it was well done. It was a reboot of the character, re-imagined and not trying to be a carbon copy of previous ones. The basic overall origin is there, the problem some people have with it is some people wanted a carbon copy of the Christopher Reeve origin movie and that was never the intention. The only other problem I'm aware of that people had with it was Superman killing Zod. I liked that they had that because it shows that he doesn't fully understand the extent and repercussions of his actions. It shows him being young and green to being a superhero. The movie for what it was meant to be was executed perfectly and well done.
    No that is no excuse for what MoS did. Sorry but that's a BS reason.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Superman/Clark Kent story is boring w/o Lex or some (Darkseid) heavy hitter villan in the mix. I don't think killing Zod was a good idea and they should have just sucked them into the zone.Now if boom tubes opened up over Metropolis....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    What about Batman Vs Wonder Woman? She may not be Superman but she's still leagues above Batman in sheer brute power, and she doesn't have the glaring weakness of kryptonite.
    She is anti-S&M.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No that is no excuse for what MoS did. Sorry but that's a BS reason.
    What did Man of Steel do that needs to be excused in the first place? Are you talking about Superman killing Zod?

!st off you guys are actually arguing about comics ...and as anyone knows the hero whos name is on the cover is the one who "wins"

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshelle View Post
    !st off you guys are actually arguing about comics ...and as anyone knows the hero whos name is on the cover is the one who "wins"
    Tell that to Peter Parker in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics. Granted, it isn't main continuity but he still got killed in his own comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no man or army on this planet would even be able to conceive their cheating plot before superman could steamroll the whole world. it's nonsense to think one above average guy could stand for even a millisecond. it's just for some reason everyone seems to have this massive hardon for batman and the writers shit out crap like this because of it.

Superman holds back and doesn't want to risk killing people. Batman is always for some reason misjudged and will disable people by any means he can including breaking every damn bone in their body or beating them into a coma or fighting "dirty". But if they use the way the new superman behaves yeah batman would be dead. The new JL toon movie based on the new 52 shows superman beating batman/lanten with no effort.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They're doing it wrong. Batman would at most get in a brawl with Superman once and it would turn into an alliance. What they should of done is:

Produce Man of Steel.

Develop Batman Reboot with Ben Affleck

Develop Wonder Woman Movie

Produce Batman Movie(As in release it. Have John Jones cameo in this to connect to Justice League)

Develop Flash movie

Develop Justice League Movie(Introduce Hawkgirl kinda like Black Widow was in Avengers)

Produce Flash Movie

Develop Green Lantern(Whatever one, John Stewert or Hal Jordan)

Produce Justice League Movie.

Develop Man of Steel II

Profit!

Man of Steel is already messed up due to....*cough*

I dunno how they'll manage it but I think they in the midst of making an epic saga, they..kinda forgot what makes them good.

I suspect Kryptonite will play a part, or the Red Sun tactic. I'd wager it won't go exactly as I suspect but you never know.
    Too much backstory. Dont really need it at all. Not to mention a terrible waste of time. Nothing wrong with Man of Steel 2 first, Justice League, then spin off films later. We all know batman's backstory, we don't really need a 2 hour movie seeing that shit again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Superman/Clark Kent story is boring w/o Lex or some (Darkseid) heavy hitter villan in the mix. I don't think killing Zod was a good idea and they should have just sucked them into the zone.Now if boom tubes opened up over Metropolis....
    There's no room for him in the sequels, they knew what they were doing. Also good reason why they're bringing more people into his movie, cause yea, his story is boring. And bringing those heroes will bring some of their villains, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman is having another reboot? 0o Why... its movies are still completely fresh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Not really. Frank Miller's fight between them is pretty well executed. One thing to remember: Batman cheats.
    That, and...

- Superman had been weakened by a special Soviet nuke that sucked out much of his powers and hadn't recovered yet
    - Superman wasn't fighting "seriously"; he was being overly careful, as he always is with humans, in order to not to crush Batman into meat sauce by accident - and Batman was counting on that
    - Batman used kryptonite gas/dust that was shot at Superman by Green Arrow from behind

Agree, the entire premise of an ordinary human fighting a kryptonian is just dumb.

"They'll kill him! How? He'll be a God to them"
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2014-05-03 at 05:36 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Agree, the entire premise of an ordinary human fighting a kryptonian is just dumb.

"They'll kill him! How? He'll be a God to them"

Lex Luthor would disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    What did Man of Steel do that needs to be excused in the first place? Are you talking about Superman killing Zod?
    Yes, don't give me *He's new to this* excuse. I aint buyin it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi