Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grawlix View Post
    It makes so much more sense that everyone is going to have followers that look exactly the same with exactly the same names. If I want to name my followers after friends I should be able to do so, imo.
    But wouldn't they still have the same names as others?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    No, they stated specifically at the Blizzcon garrison panel that you could name them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHAwu8nCkS4 12:35 during 'customize'

This, I think they need to think about what the talk about during Blizzcon. They seem to do a good job of getting peeps excited about certain features and then removing them. Personally doesnt bother me much since but I can understand the frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Let's start renaming bosses then, too. You zone into a dungeon and get to rename every boss. Immerseus is now "Boringass water boss" and Garrosh is "Heirloomsplz".
    That would be fun and stress relieving, I think. I mean really, by the 20th time you've killed Garrosh is it really a hardcore RP moment? I'd love to knock off "Heirloomzplz."

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping we'd get to name our garrison and garrison workers

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But wouldn't they still have the same names as others?
    From an RP standpoint, does it make more sense to have a series of clone followers that are exactly the same in every garrison, or a few "shared names" just like the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So people are like pets to you?
    That's doesn't even make sense. Seriously? You're assuming that non-player controlled characters in a video game are people and that, if so, naming them makes them into pets? Don't we name our own characters on WoW already? lol

That's doesn't even make sense. Seriously? You're assuming that non-player controlled characters in a video game are people and that, if so, naming them makes them into pets? Don't we name our own characters on WoW already? lol
    Yeah but these are ingame characters with pre-existing names.

It's like if you could rename your companions in Mass Effect. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    This, I think they need to think about what the talk about during Blizzcon. They seem to do a good job of getting peeps excited about certain features and then removing them. Personally doesnt bother me much since but I can understand the frustration.
    Anything that Blizzard says in an unofficial interview or circumstance should always be taken at face value. Until you see the patch notes that confirm a change is coming or you see it in game, don't believe that anything they are talking about will make it into the game.

Instead of demanding they "watch what they say" maybe we should instead be a little more lenient with the term "many, many things change during the design process."

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Anything that Blizzard says in an unofficial interview or circumstance should always be taken at face value. Until you see the patch notes that confirm a change is coming or you see it in game, don't believe that anything they are talking about will make it into the game.

Instead of demanding they "watch what they say" maybe we should instead be a little more lenient with the term "many, many things change during the design process."
    I totally understand that many things change during the design process but maybe they should keep that in mind when talking about stuff at something like blizzcon. You know maybe not quite go into such detail on stuff that may or may not make into the game. They just seem to build hype for stuff to early these days, before it really should be hyped. In the end, I have already pre-ordered WoD and have every intention of enjoying like I have every expansion(except Cata... lol.).

15+ Year Old Account
    From an RP standpoint, does it make more sense to have a series of clone followers that are exactly the same in every garrison, or a few "shared names" just like the real world?
    But from an RP standpoint there are no clones. Because there are not millions of garrisons on the same exact spot with the same exact people in lore. But you've accepted it with all other NPC's that show up in more then one place at the same time. Balking now at this point of WoW is a little silly.

Why bring that argument now, and not before?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account

How about no? This is not only a huge press event, but a huge event to build hype for new games and to build general goodwill in the community and with the development team. By telling us things they want to do and then backpedaling on them, how does that generate goodwill? They said they were further along in the development process than previous expansions, yet they still can't give us details that don't change drastically from the announcement of a new expansion. Why? Why are you backing up the developers when they are basically being prideful monarchs, saying whatever they want and thinking there shouldn't be any consequences to their actions or the things they say? They are not gods beyond reproach. They are a company telling consumers what their product will be like and changing the specs *after people have given them money for pre-orders*. That smacks of naivete at best, dishonesty or lying at worst. I understand things change with testing, but this shit never even got to beta before they nixxed it. What they did was wrong, plain and simple.

I'm playing my character. My character doesn't exist with out me.

I don't recall them ever saying we could name our followers
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I don't recall them ever saying we could name our followers
    They said it during Blizzcon. It isn't a big deal anyway. People are just being overdramatic over something so silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    They said they were further along in the development process than previous expansions, yet they still can't give us details that don't change drastically from the announcement of a new expansion. Why?
    Changing the name of npc's isn't really a drastic change. It also isn't back pedaling because it was never something you had, or were promised. Putting your garrison in different zones is one thing as that was even in the official blog about Garrisons. But the name change never was and is really a minor thing. But that is exactly what comes of Blizzcon.

It is sharing how things are about the future product at that point in time. Literally everything could change from what is shown at Blizzcon. And changing the names of NPC's is the least of the things that have changed from previous Blizzard developer insights.

That smacks of naivete at best, dishonesty or lying at worst. I understand things change with testing, but this shit never even got to beta before they nixxed it. What they did was wrong, plain and simple.
    Naivete of the people who pre-orded based on a few select words from a Blizzcon. It wasn't even in beta and people were buying the game off of such things. Its funny how easily your statement fits players as well. Also it isn't dishonest or lying as Blizzard often states that things change, and Blizzcon is an early look at future content.

Hell WotLK even had a feature on the game box that was cut from the game at the last moment. Now that could have been considered dishonest or lying since it was actually in marketing rather then a developmental talk.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2014-05-07 at 01:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    That is the only thing, that I was looking forward to when I'm making a garrison.
    Naming me followers and sending them to dungeons/raid.
    Really? The biggest feature of Garrisons that you are interested in is the naming of your followers? I find this to be absolutely hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    Fun, it is fun to name mobs and send them to raids.

They can give them names, for you to be happy.
    and they can make them re-nameable for guys like me to be happy.
    So to you the followers are like slaves? You want to give them slave names like Toby?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it not normal to rename your employees? I guess that explains Robert's displeasure of being called Boba Fatt Cheetofingers.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Reimann View Post
    Seriously very disappointed. I wanted to name some of the NPCs to be my alts for RP purpose, now I'm going to have "Maxwell Sunbottom" and "Gronbul Ironfist" and any other array of stupid mashed together names.

Oh well. I'm slowly beginning to only look forward to the new female undead model and nothing else. sigh. And I was really hyped for garrisons when they were announced..
    Their names aren't going to be stupid, you know this right..?

Also, if you're waiting for them to release the new female undead model, they already did. http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ndeadfem02.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Reimann View Post
    Oh - yes, I know the female undead were released. That's what I meant, they're the one thing I -do- like out of everything else they've changed/updated/added/removed. That and the updated scenery models (trees/grass/skybox)
    By 'stupid' I mean the same thing they do with other npcs. Smash together two words and call it a name. "Ironfist" "Coldbrew" "Shiningleaf" "Swifthammer".

Would rather just name them my alts, but alas.
    I wouldn't expect names to be like that, that was mainly in MoP because that's how the Pandaren's last names worked, in lore they're based off their ancestors (say, their ancestor was a Warrior, he'd be Hurdurr Ironspear and the Pandaren would honor his ancestor and become a warrior himself).

I see.. opinions are opinions I suppose. I'm excited for everything in WoD it feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    I totally understand that many things change during the design process but maybe they should keep that in mind when talking about stuff at something like blizzcon. You know maybe not quite go into such detail on stuff that may or may not make into the game. They just seem to build hype for stuff to early these days, before it really should be hyped. In the end, I have already pre-ordered WoD and have every intention of enjoying like I have every expansion(except Cata... lol.).
    Have you ever actually browsed developer twitters and other posts? They are ridiculously vague with their concepts because of this exact reason. Do you want it to get down to the point where they don't tell us anything or communicate with the fanbase at the risk of having to go back on their design later?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    How about no? This is not only a huge press event, but a huge event to build hype for new games and to build general goodwill in the community and with the development team. By telling us things they want to do and then backpedaling on them, how does that generate goodwill? They said they were further along in the development process than previous expansions, yet they still can't give us details that don't change drastically from the announcement of a new expansion. Why? Why are you backing up the developers when they are basically being prideful monarchs, saying whatever they want and thinking there shouldn't be any consequences to their actions or the things they say? They are not gods beyond reproach. They are a company telling consumers what their product will be like and changing the specs *after people have given them money for pre-orders*. That smacks of naivete at best, dishonesty or lying at worst. I understand things change with testing, but this shit never even got to beta before they nixxed it. What they did was wrong, plain and simple.
    How is mentioning renaming followers offhand and then changing it later backpedaling? It'd be like if I told you in the morning that I felt like going to McDonald's and then decided to go to Burger King later. It's just something they had in mind. Unless you believe that they should A) Never say anything in public, ever, about what they are planning or B) They should never change their mind on a design decision no matter on whether or not they think it should be added. No matter which you believe, you're being irrational either way.

You guys always act so affronted when Blizzard changes their minds or adjusts something in game. They say one thing and then something else ends up happening and you feel like it's a personal slap in the face. People should know that preordering a game comes with some risk that the finished product won't be what you expect. The reason you preorder is because you're excited about the game in general and want to guarantee a copy of your own on launch day. If your entire enjoyment of a game hinges on the implementation of one minor feature then you really shouldn't be preordering it.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is mentioning renaming followers offhand and then changing it later backpedaling?
    Not even going to bother reading the rest of it. Dude was on stage at Blizzcon during the Garrison part of the panel when he made the statement. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT MENTIONING IT OFFHAND?!