Thread: Eurovision...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    That Conchita weirdo is just disgusting. Not butthurt or anything, I just think mental disabled people should be on some treatments, not in TV
    This has my vote for funniest post of 2014. Ten points from the Swedish Jury!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    I don't think people voted because of the beard. I didn't atleast. I voted because she had the best voice, and she sang that song with emotion, and the lyrics was prefect for what she was singing/being the person that she is. There may have been others who voted for other reasons, but the Austrian song wasn't bad at all.
    Well we all have diffrent opinions though, as example i don't understand how people voted for sweden and the netherlands, since they were "bad songs" for me^^
    "I dont think Austrias song was bad my any means. It deserved at least a top 5 placement imo. But it wasnt the best at all either."

It helps if you dont just quote whatever fits your agenda

ANyway sure, its great that you think it was the best song. And as i said it wasnt bad at all, and yes she sang well. But i honestly dont think it would have won if an ordinary women had stood there instead of him.

I dont know if you know this, but the netherlands song lost a lot of support due to an unfortunate statement their singer made about mr. Wurst.

Anyway. She won, and thats just how it is.

The contest again, got a little bit harder to take serious. Now we just have to stop wasting a lot of money on it. Maybe make it into a web series instead of a multi million dollar waste bin every year.

That Conchita weirdo is just disgusting. Not butthurt or anything, I just think mental disabled people should be on some treatments, not in TV
    I'm sure the same could be said for almost everyone, including you probably, as most people have some weird interests or fetishes, a few just decide to be more open about it. The people who can't seem to get that and instead look at people like Conchita as disgusting are more likely to be the people in need of help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    "I dont think Austrias song was bad my any means. It deserved at least a top 5 placement imo. But it wasnt the best at all either."

It helps if you dont just quote whatever fits your agenda

ANyway sure, its great that you think it was the best song. And as i said it wasnt bad at all, and yes she sang well. But i honestly dont think it would have won if an ordinary women had stood there instead of him.

I dont know if you know this, but the netherlands song lost a lot of support due to an unfortunate statement their singer made about mr. Wurst.

Anyway. She won, and thats just how it is.

The contest again, got a little bit harder to take serious. Now we just have to stop wasting a lot of money on it. Maybe make it into a web series instead of a multi million dollar waste bin every year.
    Well i wasn't trying to set you in a bad light, just that i don't think people voted because of the reasons you say.

I don't understand why it's harder to take serious though, it's not about the looks of the contestants, but their song and preformance. That Conchita won shouldn't change anything in Eurovision. I guess we could agree to disagree, on that it's a waste doing the Eurovision every year. ^^

Didn't know about the neatherlands negative comment, but i didn't like that song at all, 6/10 at best.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Austria's song was terrible , randomm clam sausage. almost as bad as poland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    Well i wasn't trying to set you in a bad light, just that i don't think people voted because of the reasons you say.

I don't understand why it's harder to take serious though, it's not about the looks of the contestants, but their song and preformance. That Conchita won shouldn't change anything in Eurovision. I guess we could agree to disagree, on that it's a waste doing the Eurovision every year. ^^

Didn't know about the neatherlands negative comment, but i didn't like that song at all, 6/10 at best.
    Oh i didnt mean because she won. Just the general show(i'm from Denmark and i was a bit embarassed by some of it, including the hosts) but also the level of the songs. Its quite low imo compared to what have been before.

Lets be completely honest. None of these songs are real hits

I couldnt watch it, but its pretty fun that the Austrian chick/dude won. Lol

Suprised Sweden came 3rd, I wanted that other song to compete in the final. Ace Wilder, not because it was paryicularly good lol, but it was catchier(best you can hope for with Eurovision). Lol

Also, Sannas lyrics was... wierd, Undo my sad? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Ouch, Denmark got 1 point from Norway. xD
    Wtf, traitors. Lol
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-05-12 at 12:54 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I dont think Austrias song was bad my any means. It deserved at least a top 5 placement imo. But it wasnt the best at all either.
    That is entirely subjective and your opinion. The voters think otherwise though.

Also, performance is part of the music. You can't blame her performance for having her win and not her song when every other contestant did special visuals and dancing too.
    Last edited by zito; 2014-05-12 at 03:12 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Some images from Rus twitter.

Text: Shave, don't look as the woman

Deleted
    Personally i am pretty sure Austria did not win because they had the best song. This is sad imo. Sure se has a message to send, and she has a nice beard. So what? Its supposed to be a music contest.
    Has it ever been really?

It was an excellent show imo, and the songs were better than usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Agreed. Now I don't listen to pop nor do I watch Eurovision for the music so my opinion may be invalid, but there does seem to be an improvement from what we usually get every year. However, from a subjective standpoint, the vast majority was still horrible. Still it was entertaining to watch, even for someone as semi-snob as me.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-05-12 at 11:39 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe I am biased, but I thought the best part was the ending show:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Any Eurovision beats the 2009 one... Alexander Rybak got the most points in Eurovision history not because his song was great, but because every other song was just absolute shit.

Deleted
    Being a Drag-Queen makes you mentally disabled? How 'bout you check your own mental status first kiddo.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Maybe I am biased, but I thought the best part was the ending show:
    [video=youtube;d3UvHIh3ISU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3UvHIh3ISU[video]
    You're not. Easily the highlight of the entire show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Suprised Sweden came 3rd, I wanted that other song to compete in the final. Ace Wilder, not because it was paryicularly good lol, but it was catchier(best you can hope for with Eurovision). Lol
    Yeah I was hoping for that song to win too, but Sanna actually coming in 3rd place surprised me. I thought she'd place around 12 or 15.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2014-05-12 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marika View Post
    You're not. Easily the highlight of the entire show.
    Actually the highlights were the museum scene and the song about the number 12

- - - Updated - - -

I think they didn't want to win again because ESC is always a loss in terms of money for the country holding the contest. If they had send Emmelie again with Rainmaker they would have won. 100%
    Last edited by Feali; 2014-05-12 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    I hope my Country never win this bullshit competition, ive heard we came Second on the news.
    Time to send in the absolute crap again, time to send the worst again.

We are getting to close to a win now.

Rather see our money to go to something usefull than to support this crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DerrHans View Post
    Rather see our money to go to something usefull than to support this crap.
    While the advertising value of this contest for a country is undeniable, it probably still is a big loss. Which is why I don't like the idea that we have to hold it next year. At all.