Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

And there he is: Ben Affleck as Batman!

Zack Snyder shared the first image of Ben Affleck as batman on his Twitter (https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder).
    What do you guys think? I wasn't actually expecting him to look this badass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I wasn't actually expecting him to look this badass
    Yeah... Uhh. The only thing we see of Ben Affleck is his mouth. The rest is wardrobe. Not convinced yet.

As far as the picture goes, is he pouting because he realized Superman is basically a god, and he's only got a few gadgets and as such is completely irrelevant?

I don't think it's possible to look badass with pointy little ears. It's amazing that they're made some really good movies out of what's honestly a pretty dopey concept.

I have no problem with Ben Affleck though. Talented guy, should be fine for the role.

Batman looks kind of fat in that picture.

Zack Snyder shared the first image of Ben Affleck as batman on his Twitter (https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder).
    What do you guys think? I wasn't actually expecting him to look this badass
    Oh yeah, that mouth looks super BA! I wouldn't want to mess with those chompers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I guess they made him look like the Batman from "Dark Knight Returns"

There is absolutely nothing in this blurry black and white photo that convinces me that Batfleck will be good.

That could be Danny Devito in a batsuit and you couldnt tell the difference.

Yes, the shadows and lack of clear body lines makes it look more like he's na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FATMAN!

(sorry, had to do it)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what I was thinking

Deleted
    might be the angle but the ears on his mask seem a bit short looks a bit more like catman than batman

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't think it's possible to look badass with pointy little ears. It's amazing that they're made some really good movies out of what's honestly a pretty dopey concept.

I have no problem with Ben Affleck though. Talented guy, should be fine for the role.
    At the risk of enraging at least a third of the comic book nerds out there...Most of the DC line always seemed a bit dopey to me.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanesca View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking
    Yep, first thing I thought last night when I was reading the article. Of course that is a chest plate of some kind, but it sticks out a lot, meaning he's got some extra padding underneath.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Batman is also 55 years old and had been retired from crime fighting for a while in this movies timeline. I personally hope they had put some weight on Ben for the movie, as most people put on a bit of weight as they get older. Not to mention in the actual comic series this movie is kind of based around Batman seemed a bit chubbed up in it.

The Dark Knight Returns movies were pretty good as animations. I hope Snyder does something else with the story.

The Dark Knight line when it was uttered was only for inspiration. I doubt these 2 will be doing any fighting against each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah... Uhh. The only thing we see of Ben Affleck is his mouth. The rest is wardrobe. Not convinced yet.

As far as the picture goes, is he pouting because he realized Superman is basically a god, and he's only got a few gadgets and as such is completely irrelevant?
    What exactly aren't you convinced about. He is going to play Batman, this is old news.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess they made him look like the Batman from "Dark Knight Returns"

That was my first thought, too, and I approve. The Gramp Knight is one of my favorite takes on the character (barring The Dark Knight Strikes Again).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Batman is also 55 years old and had been retired from crime fighting for a while in this movies timeline. I personally hope they had put some weight on Ben for the movie, as most people put on a bit of weight as they get older. Not to mention in the actual comic series this movie is kind of based around Batman seemed a bit chubbed up in it.
    it's based on it but I can guarantee the only part of that story they want is the batman vs superman bit. how do launch a justice league movie with a 55 year old batman? it's just an odd camera angle and padding

4For the people saying it was kind of dark and couldn't make it out too well here's a link to the picture after it's been lightened up some. You can see how muscular he better in this one.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimag...lightlarge.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the new suit. Too much with the muscles.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!