Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warlords - Enhanced Pyrotechnics

Enhanced Pyrotechnics

Last edited by Elvine; 2014-06-07 at 07:05 PM.

So it's a passive old version of combustion?

super super old Combustion lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The perks are supposed to come in random order so I would like more people to verify this when they get a beta key.

Also, have you tested if it stacks or is it just a 5% buff and that's it? Since the text doesn't say that it's stackable, I would guess that it is not.
    My magic will tear you apart.

I thought it was supposed to be a stacking buff, but I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be a stacking buff, but I could be mistaken.
    It stacks to 5 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post

Also, have you tested if it stacks or is it just a 5% buff and that's it? Since the text doesn't say that it's stackable, I would guess that it is not.
    Yeah, going off the tooltip you'd assume not.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    It stacks to 5 times.
    Correct, it can stack up to 5 times currently.

It only stacks to 5? Wow that's stupid.

Doesn't really help when your crit rate is ~15%. 40% crit is still not all that often and can RNG-fuck you quite a bit. Should stack up to at least 10. It's not like Fireball ever had a high DPET >_>;
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Doesn't really help when your crit rate is ~15%. 40% crit is still not all that often and can RNG-fuck you quite a bit. Should stack up to at least 10. It's not like Fireball ever had a high DPET >_>;
    I just was testing with the Warlords template gear, 21.91% crit and I couldn't get past more than 5 non crits. Even then I only hit 5 stacks a couple times.
    Last edited by Elvine; 2014-06-07 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    I just was testing with the Warlords template gear, 21.91% crit and I couldn't get past more than 5 non crits. Even then I only hit 5 stacks a couple times.
    What level is this and what's the iLevel of the gear? Guessing 90 with quest level gear? If so, that's inflated due to being 90.

Edit: Oh wait, Critical Mass is still in the game at 1.3x; thought they scrapped that. Assuming it's affected by Critical Mass, that's not too bad I guess (32.5% increase). Still, won't help for T17 when bad luck kicks in.

Edit2: Curious if Crit Suppression is still in for WoD.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-06-07 at 07:25 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

What level is this and what's the iLevel of the gear? Guessing 90 with quest level gear? If so, that's inflated due to being 90.

Edit: Oh wait, Critical Mass is still in the game at 1.3x; thought they scrapped that. Assuming it's affected by Critical Mass, that's not too bad I guess (32.5% increase). Still, won't help for T17 when bad luck kicks in.

Level 92, ilvl 506. Yes, Critical Mass is still in the game (1.3).

It's designed to help fire suck slightly less with no gear and then be an unnoticable perk in the last tier. Not completely OP from the get go.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is. Still -1% charsheet per level above you. Do all calculations after it.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2014-06-07 at 10:40 PM.

So you never got past 5 stacks because you ended up always critting, or because it caps at 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    So you never got past 5 stacks because you ended up always critting, or because it caps at 5?
    Bit of both, once I hit 5 stacks I crit the next one.

does this apply to critical mass? so for example would 4 stacks give 20% fireball crit or 26%?

Critical Mass only increases your crit chance from gear, so no.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

It would be pretty heard to test this, we would need someone record their critrates while at static amount of stacks, but you can't foretell if the next cast hits critical or not, so the actual stack size varies all the time. ^^"
    "All we can do is walk the road we are given with such dignity as we can muster, each to our own glory or demise, and pray that there yet remains something of our own hearts when all is said and done. By the Sunwell, I hope that there will remain something of mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not particularly hard, just remove all of your gear and you can test without interference.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Bit of both, once I hit 5 stacks I crit the next one.
    If you have the chance, can you test if CM and enhance pyrotechnics interact at all?