Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Im still kinda Curious about the whole old raid and heroic Thing. Would love more info on it. Say your level one 100 and wanan do Dragon soul. Does queuing for it, "de level" you to 85 and put you in a group with People who are level 85 queueing for it, Or other 100s? Or even both?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rowynne View Post
    You censers destroyed any sympathy we might have had for you when you started camping us despite us having the debuff that doesn't give you any coins. Therefore this cooldown hotfix is pure joy. Have fun getting hunted down.

ya i remember at the start of this was getting attacked 3 time in a row even if i allready had thedebuff... now i remember why i hate pvp so much. and i rejoy at the fix of this thing
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it, this post proves it to me that the game had ILvL thresholds to surpass, it was strange that no matter which items I got, when I got to a certain ilevel, all of a sudden my output Jumped up a notch or 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Censer Hothwhat?... They call that a fix? I honestly don't understand all the whining about this.

PVE Realms - If you don't want to die, don't get flagged. If you get flagged by accident - tough shit. Wait 5 minutes for your pvp to go off and be on your way.

PVP Realms - Oh lawd! It's pvp on a pvp realm!! What on earth is the world coming to /Sarcasm

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty interested in their talk about how they'll resolve same face, hopefully it'll be better than the current offerings.

My guess is that BMAH getting removed is due to the fact that:
    1. The reason they put it in way to give a scalable money sink for items. Something that people would spend a buttload of gold on, and could empty out their coffers doing so.
    2. Instead of its intended function, people just grinded more gold to out compete others in a rather unhealthy way which resulted in a situation like the old pvp rank grind.

The thing Blizzard didn't realize is that most players won't actively pursue getting more gold unless there is a reason to spend it. If the game were designed where everyone had a "reasonable" upper limit on the amount of gold they could gain from quests/mobs per week, while still allowing people to trade it among themselves, then BMAH would work out well enough.

Now, if Blizzard did do something like this (say for a different currency), they would need to cap it per account to avoid letting people just grind it on their alts, but they would not limit it per battle.net account as otherwise people would create separate battle.net accounts to avoid this limitation, which would lead to people seeing the game as having a pay to win element were you could pay for more accounts to get more stuff (while currently they try to limit this as much as possible).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    My guess is that BMAH getting removed is due to the fact that:
    Confirmed via Twitter that the BMAH is getting moved to Draenor, not being Removed.

The guard is talking about himself when he talks about giving up on a thankless job. The new market that the BMAH is moving to is Draenor.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The new LFR npcs are kool. But if it is the same loot rules as it is now....this is really useless. I mean...still having loot in the old lfr role specific and being an rng drop. There's no point to do this. Hopefully it will be like normal loot.
    Not totally useless, especially for tier sets, but I do share the concern. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy for this change; I deleted my DS LFR set long ago because I just had no room, and since I had the normal set as well I figured it was just extra clutter. Now I wish I hadn't. That said, it will be impossible to get some things. What if melee want a caster sword/dagger/mace/staff for transmog or vice versa? Sure, some melee classes have caster offspecs, and some casters have melee offspecs, but that is not true for all. I always thought that the LFR version of Blackhorn's Mighty Bulwark was great looking, but my shaman won't be able to get it with the same loot rules.
    Carnation, 90 Blood Elf Priest <Knights of Sterling> / Vek'nilash-US

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Confirmed via Twitter that the BMAH is getting moved to Draenor, not being Removed.

The guard is talking about himself when he talks about giving up on a thankless job. The new market that the BMAH is moving to is Draenor.
    I thought that might be a possibility, but then I though why not just leave it linked in 2 places?

Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    I thought that might be a possibility, but then I though why not just leave it linked in 2 places?
    I would guess that it's that they want to make sure that apart from alt leveling to 90 that there is no reason to stick around Pandaria and instead have them in Draenor. Not saying that is the reason, just speculation.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Are they finally removing that horrible LFR/LFG system that ruined wow?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neetz View Post
    Censer Hothwhat?... They call that a fix? I honestly don't understand all the whining about this.

PVE Realms - If you don't want to die, don't get flagged. If you get flagged by accident - tough shit. Wait 5 minutes for your pvp to go off and be on your way.

PVP Realms - Oh lawd! It's pvp on a pvp realm!! What on earth is the world coming to /Sarcasm
    No such thing as flagged or not flagged on PvE realm for this, they can attack you regardless when they have this active.

I'm not really a math person, is the post saying that if you are 10 levels higher than a given enemy, you'll take only 10% of the original damage and deal 16.5 times as much damage as normal?

That seems like a big bonus on top of the normal stat increase, if so. But then, with the stat squish, maybe it equalises out to a small increase over our current power difference? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkySch View Post
    Are they finally removing that horrible LFR/LFG system that ruined wow?
    Yes, but they are keeping the successful one that exceeded expectations in allowing a wider range of players to see the content. In addition to letting you queue for it past the level requirement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I'm not really a math person, is the post saying that if you are 10 levels higher than a given enemy, you'll take only 10% of the original damage and deal 16.5 times as much damage as normal?

That seems like a big bonus on top of the normal stat increase, if so. But then, with the stat squish, maybe it equalises out to a small increase over our current power difference? I dunno.

Yes, but they are keeping the successful one that exceeded expectations in allowing a wider range of players to see the content. In addition to letting you queue for it past the level requirement.
    I am sorry, but I dont understand what you are saying. So they are removing most of it? But leaving a few options for LFR/LFG?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkySch View Post
    I am sorry, but I dont understand what you are saying. So they are removing most of it? But leaving a few options for LFR/LFG?
    LFR and LFG aren't going anywhere in WoD, apart from being altered slightly, I believe, to be more flexible in how many people can get into them. EG if 25 people start the raid, and 3 drop, the enemies will lower their stats like Flex until more people join again.

The only real change to LFR they are doing is enabling level 90+ characters to queue for a solo-or-with-friends run of Dragon Soul for Transmogrification runs, and allowing level 100 characters to do the same with MoP LFRs.

They're also adding a better LFG application. Currently you can search for groups to run content similar to Open Raid, but it's limited. In WoD, it will have a lot more freedom in what you want to run, allowing you to pug a group for whatever you want to run in Normal or Heroic difficulties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    No such thing as flagged or not flagged on PvE realm for this, they can attack you regardless when they have this active.
    No? They can only attack you if you are flagged. If you are not PVP flagged, people that have used the censer cannot attack you. If you are talking about PVP realms then yes they can attack you, but that's what happens on PVP realms. People who whine about getting camped on PVP servers are a waste of time.
    Last edited by Neetz; 2014-06-13 at 08:11 AM.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

awww, and i thought my lfr transmog was worth keeping.

Deleted
    If they somehow made it so i could queue up for old raid content with people, and it scaled properly, you'd have a subscription for life. I never got a chance to do certain raids when they weren't trivial/able to solo.

If this has been confirmed for WoD, please let me know, this lad would run bareass through every scottish loch.