Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Longest I was unsubbed was about a year. Last few months of WotlK+the first Tier of Cata, got bored with ICC and decided to unsub and finish my senior year.

ive been unsubbed for 6 months not my longest my longest was the entirety of cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    So i unsubbed last month and i have no plans to reactivate til WoD, just nothing for me to do in game.

Anyone else in the same boat?
    Nothing you want to do, not nothing TO DO.
    There is a difference and this needs repeated time and time again.
    You are more experienced as a player than you have ever been, and despite the persistent noise, low accessibility is not hurting the difficulty of the top end-game content.
    You are going to breeze through the content that is going to be the first experiences for new players.

Another veiled attack complaining that you aren't the sole audience of blizzard's attentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    You seriously to got level 30 in wildstar fully experienced the housing system and features, tried out the fun pvp. Joined a guild, made friends visisted their house to complete daily challenges for decor items,quested in zones, saved up to buy your mount which is ownage. Double jumped for days and sprinted but still find it not your bag. Well in that case babys first mmo WOW is for you!
    You really do like insulting people don't you because they didn't like Wildstar, for shame dude for shame.. All can say if the Wildstar community is going to be this toxic I am glad I never bought the game..

everyone is different. I, for one , love the pre expansion lulls, I have still so much I haven't done in the game and the lulls give me time to catch up a little

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    You really do like insulting people don't you because they didn't like Wildstar, for shame dude for shame.. All can say if the Wildstar community is going to be this toxic I am glad I never bought the game..
    Pretty sure I wasn't being insulting its obvious WOW is babys first mmo now. If he is bored of a newly released game that is 11 days old and has the most content at launch we've seen in a game in the past 10 years then I dunno what to say. Maybe MMORPGS arent his bag at all.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    Pretty sure I wasn't being insulting its obvious WOW is babys first mmo now. If he is bored of a newly released game that is 11 days old and has the most content at launch we've seen in a game in the past 10 years then I dunno what to say. Maybe MMORPGS arent his bag at all.
    Having a lot of content is all well and good. Having a game that is actually worthwhile playing to access that content is where Wildstar falls flat on its face.

Its a fun game and all, but it is very over-hyped and not worth the subscription after the first month runs dry.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the Wildstar Fanboys seem to be the worst that have appeared in the MMO-genre since I started playing MMO's 14 years ago.

It is actually quite sad.

So i unsubbed last month and i have no plans to reactivate til WoD, just nothing for me to do in game.

yeah, I will probably break my record also. Already been unsubbed for 2 months. If I go back, it will be for 6.0 But to be honest, This may finally be the ´big one´ and I may never go back. I am not going to say dumbing down, but they are turning combat into ´diablo´ and it just is not fun in an MMO. Diablo is great for playing a few hours per week. But MMOs need to have more customization and freedom with combat... and well, not only did they take away every situational combat ability we have, but now they are also basically telling us what secondary stat to take. I also hate that they are totally taking away druids ability to change forms and be useful at all... I didn´t count, but it looks like a Guardian (bear) specced druid will have like 2 combat abilities when they are in cat form.

It feels like the game is basically just set up to do exactlly what Blizzard tells us to do and just press 1,2,3

The other things is that the entire Followers system that I was so excited for with Garrisons, again, is being totally shackled. Yes, you have some ´choices´ in how to set up your Garrison, but they are fairly meaningless choices and followers are going to be standardized to the point where, again, Blizzard tells you exactly what to do with them. Blizzard is just so afraid to make anything complicated, or anything where people can fail.

They have basically lost me, the only reason I might come back is habit.

Gz want a cookie ?

I sure hope you don't play WoW because if you do you have no right to call another MMOs community toxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    I sure hope you don't play WoW because if you do you have no right to call another MMOs community toxic.
    Most of the toxicity of WoW comes from the people who "hate" WoW and complain about it 24/7. I play pretty much every current MMO atm. Wildstar in my first month of play has been by far the worst community I've ever seen in a game.

Ironically the toxicity in WoW has died off since Wildstar has been out and the only real toxicity I see is people in trade or LFR talking about "HAHA THIS GAME SUX IM GOIN BACK TO WILDSTAR U GUISES ARE GAY IF YOU PLAY WoW HURR"

Kind of makes me glad that they have moved over to Wildstar for now, WoW is a much more peaceful game atm because of it.

Deleted
    I think MoP was literally the worst expansion ever. It's not even WoW. I won't go into other problems like making things too easy etc. but pet battles, Asian landscapes and giant pandas? Come on! When I started playing WoW, this isn't exactly what I was looking for so Im happy to see it get closer to it's roots again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    I think MoP was literally the worst expansion ever. It's not even WoW. I won't go into other problems like making things too easy etc. but pet battles, Asian landscapes and giant pandas? Come on! When I started playing WoW, this isn't exactly what I was looking for so Im happy to see it get closer to it's roots again.
    The only thing that's closer to it's roots about WoD is the scenery. Mechanics, complexity, storyline, challenge, immersion: none of it is the same.

Game is a shadow of it's former self.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I always wonder why people make these kinds of topics.

For starters these are forums, not a blog or diary. Secondly they almost always boil down to the same thing - whining about the 'content drought' or something else discussed to the point of ad nauseum in a thousand other topics. Seriously, the forums don't need a new thread every time someone decides to announce their feelings about something.

Blogspot is that way.
    Yep becous mmo champions forum servers gonna crash when topics like this are created. Are you really mad coz this topic? Or you just love insuluting other and this is just stupid excuse how to do it? Dont worry thos forum can handle more then few new topics.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    longest i've been unsubbed in my time playing as well. about 5 months now. it's hard, but i'm not the type to give people money for fucking me.
    $15/mo is "fucking you"? Pleb spotted.

The longest that I unsubbed from WoW was from just after Firelands was released (June 2011) up until January of this year. I left primarily due to burnout but also to go play Rift. Rift was fun for a while, at least until the guild master and other members of the guild that I was in, stopped logging in.

Honestly though, MoP is the most fun that I have had since TBC and there is so much to do it is almost overwhelming. My only complaint with MoP is that most of the Jade Forest questing area is underwhelming. It does not hold the same kind of excitement or amazing visuals that past starting areas like Hellfire Peninsula, Vashj'ir and Howling Fjord did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzpify View Post
    Oh look it's this thread again
    No one's bad mouthing the game or anything, just talking about how there's nothing to do at the moment. Not really Blizzard's fault, their working their asses off to get WoD finished.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've only every been unsubscribed for like a month and a half, shortly after TBC released. Entirely because I had to focus for finals and didn't need the distraction.

I would totally drop my subscription right now but one of the only things I enjoy in this game is raiding. Basically I want to come back to WoD to raid and do other things, but am pretty much forced to continue raiding for fear of people who are more interested in the game going to other guilds in the meantime. Have to keep things at least remotely interesting now so that I can enjoy raiding later. It sucks, but it's still a pitiful amount of money.

As a guild leader/raid leader it's pretty much impossible to unsubscribe for a period of time waiting for new content in protest, because when the new content comes out it's likely that you get to play the fun game of recruiting again before you can do the types of things you actually enjoy. Last expansion we actually stopped raiding and I likely could have unsubscribed. The problem however is that when we came back a few people quit and our first tier of raiding was awful because we settled for unproven players that had some attitude problems.

Been burned so many times with end of expansion woes. This will probably be my last expansion if they continue to have a year between expansions again. I went to Blizzcon last year and they talked about how far along it was this time, and I'll be going back to Blizzcon again this year with the expansion STILL not released. Lol.

About game communities in general, even though it's off-topic. Every gaming community I have ever seen has been completely toxic. Every online community with lots of players has it's honeymoon stage where everybody is enthusiastic, helpful and generally friendly. Then it just turns to complete shit outside of the little groups that people form amongst each other. Mobas, MMOs, shooters, etc. The list goes on!

Deleted
    @Op
    just have a cruise among the f2p / trials for mmos. Plenty of AAA titles out there nowadays and even bad games are fun when they are new to you.

Nothing to do...yea, that fits my bill aswell.

I could maybe get into raiding again, but I haft to enjoy the hole game; I can't be a raid logger. Never was, never will be. So I subbed 4 times now for MOP, playing not very much at all. 3 weeks after MOP launch I knew wow, or this exspansion just wasen't for me, so yea...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO