MW trinkets: Thok's vs. Nazgrim's (need help)

Everything I've read says Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia is the clear choice over Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth. Prior to tonight I had been using Nazgrim's because I had better results. I decided to try Thok's for tonight's raid. Nazgrim's accounted for 4.5-5% of my effective healing, on average. Tonight, Thok's accounted for about 1%. I am about a week or two away from having my cloak. My question is: does Thok's only become better once you have the cloak, or is something terribly wrong here?

Igotzots US-Stormreaver
    Last edited by hotz; 2014-06-16 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typo

Pretty sure it depends on your class and what style of healing you're doing. If you are solely focused on tank healing, then the naz trinket is gonna be better. If you are doing raid healing with a load of hots (druid for example on malkorok or thok) then the thok trinket is gonna be better.

Of course, for 10 man healing the thok trinket will be much worse than in 25m.

For pretty much every post I've read about 25m raiding, thok + pride trinket are BiS for resto druids. Without any more info about your spec, style and type of raiding you do, it's hard to help you.

Deleted
    On 25man, Thok is clear superior than nazgrim.
    On 10 man, they're about equal on stack fight and slightly better Naz on spread ones BUT you have to think about the buff.

Nazgrim uses a RPPM buff for 10 seconds, Thok an ICD one for 20 seconds that lines with Sha trinket. Most of the time if you want huge int procs you'll want to keep thok to line your int buffs. On the other side, Nazgrim never procs out of combat but it's the only positive thing about it

Question related to MW Trinkets; I don't remember where I've seen this, but I've read that the 2 INT Amp trinket is the BiS for a MW. Does the [Purified Bindings of Immerseus] proc off Fistweaving?

Quote Originally Posted by agGravity View Post
    Question related to MW Trinkets; I don't remember where I've seen this, but I've read that the 2 INT Amp trinket is the BiS for a MW. Does the [Purified Bindings of Immerseus] proc off Fistweaving?
    AFAIK, it will proc off auto-attacks, jab/BoK/TP and CJL. I don't have one to play with myself, but posts on the wow forums seem to confirm it.

I don't know if double amp is really BiS, mind you. I would imagine the cleave trinket will handily outperform it in 25 (duplicating heals across 5 additional targets), though double amp might be better in 10 simply because it gives you a significant amount of everything else, and lets you shave a little bit more spirit for more of everything else.

Because I do have a D-Priest friend who mentioned the Binding was not procing off his offensive attack, even Mind Seer. Is it a Disc-Priest only issue or the otherway around where Fistweaver got the better end of the stick.

I'd like someone experienced in the trinket combinations available to 10 man mistweavers to chime in and explain when it's best to use double amp, and other trinket combinations depending on the boss fight. I've always been curious, and would love to hear the thoughts of a Mistweaver who has cleared Heroic Garrosh on multiple occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Takashira View Post
    I'd like someone experienced in the trinket combinations available to 10 man mistweavers to chime in and explain when it's best to use double amp, and other trinket combinations depending on the boss fight. I've always been curious, and would love to hear the thoughts of a Mistweaver who has cleared Heroic Garrosh on multiple occasions.
    Thok/healer amp when you actually need to heal

Double amp for FW.

The way I look at it is, if I need to use my healer cloak, I use thok/healer amp. If I can use my dps cloak I WOULD run double amp if I had them.

And to answer a question from farther up, yes you can proc the damage amp trinket. Same with the damage cloak.

Amp Trinkets are relatively bad for MWs because Haste/Mastery/Spirit are all pretty bad for MW.

As an example, at 50% Crit, 4000 Mastery, 10000 Haste, 8000 spirit with a 580 ilvl (9%) Amp trinket you get:
    3% increased healing from Crit ((2.09*.5+.5)-(2*.5+.5))/(2*.5+.5)), 360 Mastery, 900 Haste, 720 spirit.
    If we were to assume that 1980 extra rating could all be converted into Crit that'd only bring you up to 3.12% increased healing -- +3.3% Crit which at 50% crit would be a 1.65% increase in healing for a total of 4.77% increased healing. There are also some mana benefits from that 3ish% Crit, but it's impossible to convert 100% of that rating to Crit anyway.

A 580 Nazgrim's is a 6% healing increase. A 580 Thok's outperforms Nazgrim's if its splash averages 1.5 targets or more (basically every fight on 25 and most fights on 10).

It is true that Amp trinkets also increase your damage by the same amount they increase healing so in that way Amp trinkets are better if your primary concern is maxing damage, but for MWs in particular they're strictly worse for raw healing output. It's reasonable to use one Amp trinket so you don't have to worry about screwing up your Haste BP for fights where you may not want to use Thok's or fights where a ~4.5% damage increase is more important than a ~1.5% healing increase.
    Last edited by Skagasm; 2014-06-22 at 10:22 PM.