Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Capital Cities - Why the fuss?

So after the reveal that the Alliance and Horde capital cities would be adjacent to Karabor rather than in their respective zones, I noticed a whole lot of people practically frothing at the mouth in ravenous anger. People were/are calling out Blizzard for being "lazy" and not building the capitals in the old location, while Blizzard is actually creating two entirely new capital cities. We don't just get two capital cities in frostfire ridge and shadowmoon valley - we get four. True, the draenei and orc ones are mostly for questions and endgame content, but the Alliance and Horde ones are completely unique in their own regard.

My only qualm with this is that we have another "Vale" scenario with adjacent home cities. I really preferred the different areas of saturated Ally/Horde population. Other than that, I really don't understand why people are upset with us getting additional content. Can someone enlighten me?
    Last edited by redsunrising15; 2014-07-10 at 03:33 PM.

Unless something has changed, I was under the impression the new faction cities were just a large hub that looks like just a questing hub. I don't know where you got this 4 cities thing though?

10+ Year Old Account
    I could lift you up. I could show you what you wanna see and take you where you wanna be. You could be my luck. Even if the sky is falling down I know that we'll be safe and sound!

Sorry, I know that was inappropriate. But you've caused that song to be stuck in my head today.

On topic, I'm used to outrage at every little thing. I don't really see the change as lazy but rather as a new direction. Perhaps there will be major plot significance? Minor plot significance? It remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Unless something has changed, I was under the impression the new faction cities were just a large hub that looks like just a questing hub. I don't know where you got this 4 cities thing though?
    Well if that's the case, I can sorta see why.

You know, you could have just gone to those threads and read them. You've just made it so we'll have yet another one of these, thanks.

On topic: The fuss is that we're getting two generic outposts directly linked to a pvp-flagged area. Couple that with the garrisons being permanently in SMV/FFR now, and it leaves most of the world far away while those previous capitals we rescued will now just be some forgotten buildings we leave behind when we're off questing somewhere else. They took "here, be a part of this world" and said "no, no, go stand on the corner of Alterac Valley."

People are getting sick of human and orc stuff is the way I see it.

We had it all WotLK
    We had it all Cata
    We had it all MoP post 5.1
    And now it looks like we're going to have it in WoD. We want something new. Plus, Karabor and Bladespire are absolutely stunning. The new two forts look like they could be placed anywhere in Azeroth and fit right in. It looks like you're in Azeroth when you're there...
    Human/Orc buildings
    Green grass
    Blue Sky

/yawn

The Ashran hubs only have portals and trainers. The auction house isn't confirmed to be in them whatsoever and would make more sense from any perspective to be in the larger cities. I suspect all four will be used for afk'ing in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    You know, you could have just gone to those threads and read them. You've just made it so we'll have yet another one of these, thanks.

On topic: The fuss is that we're getting two generic outposts directly linked to a pvp-flagged area. Couple that with the garrisons being permanently in SMV/FFR now, and it leaves most of the world far away while those previous capitals we rescued will now just be some forgotten buildings we leave behind when we're off questing somewhere else. They took "here, be a part of this world" and said "no, no, go stand on the corner of Alterac Valley."
    No, they are using that as an excuse.
    Some people interpret any statement as absolute plans, and then complain endlessly when they feel that non-existent promises were broken.
    They feel anything that did not meet their pre-formed expectations or whims is due to content that they do not find appealing, and so blame that for taking away the "resources" away from their preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    The Ashran hubs only have portals and trainers. The auction house isn't confirmed to be in them whatsoever and would make more sense from any perspective to be in the larger cities. I suspect all four will be used for afk'ing in some capacity.
    If the portals are at the Ashran hubs, why wouldn't the Auction house be? It'd be just an awful pain to have to go from one to the other to use them. Also, again, I was under the impression that Bladespire and Karabor are kind of cities, but they're just quest hubs now.

Deleted
    If people had balls they would actually just proclaim bladespire and karabor their home cities.
    But they all want convenient portals, etc. The Capital is what the community chooses to be the capital.
    Nothing prohibits the community from making karabor and bladespire capital cities, only their own lazyness and need of convenience.

The new forts are made entirely of copy pasted graphics right now. Docks from Lion's Landing and Bladefist Bay, tents from the Argent Crusade, buildings from the garrisons. Some people think that means they'll look like that when release day rolls around. Me? I call it beta being beta. Far as I'm concerned, there are no cities in Ashran yet, and until we see something that looks finished there, I withhold judgement.

Or at least until there isn't a ship floating 30 feet above the water line.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    So after the reveal that the Alliance and Horde capital cities would be adjacent to Karabor rather than in their respective zones, I noticed a whole lot of people practically frothing at the mouth in ravenous anger. People were/are calling out Blizzard for being "lazy" and not building the capitals in the old location, while Blizzard is actually creating two entirely new capital cities. We don't just get two capital cities in frostfire ridge and shadowmoon valley - we get four. True, the draenei and orc ones are mostly for questions and endgame content, but the Alliance and Horde ones are completely unique in their own regard.

My only qualm with this is that we have another "Vale" scenario with adjacent home cities. I really preferred the different areas of saturated Ally/Horde population. Other than that, I really don't understand why people are upset with us getting additional content. Can someone enlighten me?
    People just have entitlement issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    We really don't need a new thread to discuss this topic. The old thread still has hundreds of pages of reasoning.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

I expect the auction house, if the new continent even has one, will be a robot who only caters to engineers, as was the case in Dalaran and the Shrines. Shattrath had no AH. And as the shrines showed, that robot can fit just about anywhere.

To tell the truth I never hang around in cities these days even in MoP, and WoD looks like it'll have even more aimless things to do while I'm waiting for queues.

It's not that it's lazy, it's just that they're boring in comparison to what we were 'promised'. Going from a huge Ogre fortress to a generic Horde outpost is a bit of a downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasavaqe View Post
    People are getting sick of human and orc stuff is the way I see it.

We had it all WotLK
    We had it all Cata
    We had it all MoP post 5.1
    And now it looks like we're going to have it in WoD. We want something new. Plus, Karabor and Bladespire are absolutely stunning. The new two forts look like they could be placed anywhere in Azeroth and fit right in. It looks like you're in Azeroth when you're there...
    Human/Orc buildings
    Green grass
    Blue Sky

/yawn
    I havn't played SMV yet but Bladespire looks pretty as a scenic view but as a capital city that place would be fucking atrocious.

Which was some of the primary reasoning blizzard gave for the change. THese places are not BUILT to be capital hub cities. The are built for shock and awe not functionality.

- - - Updated - - -

If the portals are at the Ashran hubs, why wouldn't the Auction house be? It'd be just an awful pain to have to go from one to the other to use them. Also, again, I was under the impression that Bladespire and Karabor are kind of cities, but they're just quest hubs now.
    Because Shattrath, Dalaran, and Shrine didnt have AH's?

Oh excuse me Everyone must be an enginner! *Eyeroll*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    The new forts are made entirely of copy pasted graphics right now. Docks from Lion's Landing and Bladefist Bay, tents from the Argent Crusade, buildings from the garrisons. Some people think that means they'll look like that when release day rolls around. Me? I call it beta being beta. Far as I'm concerned, there are no cities in Ashran yet, and until we see something that looks finished there, I withhold judgement.

Or at least until there isn't a ship floating 30 feet above the water line.
    Actually it's using Garrison building assets which is completely new art.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    We really don't need a new thread to discuss this topic. The old thread still has hundreds of pages of reasoning.
    Not worth reading when the reasoning is primarily "But mommy you promised!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    It's not that it's lazy, it's just that they're boring in comparison to what we were 'promised'. Going from a huge Ogre fortress to a generic Horde outpost is a bit of a downgrade.
    Actually bladespire is pretty fucking dull. You must get the wrong interpretation from the scenic view screens you see of it. It's empty, boring, and non functional.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like to complain about stuff.

When this whole thing came about on twitter it was stated which specific 'hub-like' features were on Ashran and Auction House wasn't mentioned.

When this whole thing came about on twitter it was stated which specific 'hub-like' features were on Ashran and Auction House wasn't mentioned.
    They also said the Ashran hubs aren't capital cities they are hubs, Just like the shrines aren't capitals they are hubs. People keep blowing their expectations out of the water. they are exactly what they are supposed to be.