Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question How unlucky have you been?

So cheer me up here people, share your stories of ultimate bad luck, whether it's one big one or multiples in a row.
    Mine has to be crashing on a motorcycle a week ago, and now crashing on a car last night, barely crawled out of the burning wreckage. Those are my only vehicular accidents ever and I'm already in my 30's.

Lets hear them stories of Lady Luck giving you the finger!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    So cheer me up here people, share your stories of ultimate bad luck, whether it's one big one or multiples in a row.
    Mine has to be crashing on a motorcycle a week ago, and now crashing on a car last night, barely crawled out of the burning wreckage. Those are my only vehicular accidents ever and I'm already in my 30's.

Being in a motorcycle crash and then a car crash within a week and being fit enough to post here means you're pretty damn lucky in my books.

I'm 32 and have never wrecked either a bike or car, just had a couple dents from people backing into me or backing my land-boat Cadillac back and hitting something.

Have you considered just sticking with public transportation? Are you in the US? Were both vehicles insured? If so that will probably hurt your premiums.

Deleted
    A fly went into my cup of tea, i had to make a new cup.

Seriously though, nothing yet, thankfully.

Worst though would probably be a distant family friend hanging themself, i only knew him from a BBQ or two at family events.
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2014-08-09 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    A fly went into my cup of tea, i had to make a new cup.
    I can imagine that is quite the calamity for one of the Queen's loyal subjects.

Deleted
    ive been hit for 18 years by my mom, since she turned out to be a beast when she was drunk (alcoholic)
    been bullyed serval years in school..
    been cheated on serval times..

list goes on..

but you are lucky to be alive, and stay like that please

I got T-boned on my motorcycle 8 years ago, knee is still fucked from it.

Genetics fucked me over and I developed issue's that eventually forced me to get a liver transplant at 26. After months on life support.

I've been bitten by 2 deadly spiders and 2 dangerous snakes within 3 years of each other.

I stubbed my pinky toe like 15mins ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, heres one.

My only bad accident, I was coming over a small hill and at the bottom was a light, well traffic was backed up just beyond the clearing of the hill, speed limit was 50, thats what I was doing. I crested the hill and wam, hit a stopped car as I didn't see it till it was too late.

We all moved down to the gas station at the intersection. The cops were there as one was sitting in the traffic we were in, and I pulled my work truck up to the curb and went to talk to the police. While I was talking to the cop, I noticed he was looking behind me, I turned around to see my work truck slowly rolling backward into another car parked at the pump. I forgot the e-brake and it was in 3rd gear on a slope.

So, needless to say, boss wasn't happy, work truck was only 2 weeks old.

I said f-it and called it a day!

Cracked my tooth and exposed the nerve.. thats the extend of my shit luck I think if you look past smashing one of kneecaps when i was younger, getting patched up without anesthetic because i punched a window, getting the back of my head pieced together after taking a dive onto the concrete floor at the age of 3 or splitting my lip and eyebrow within a year of each other on the same corner of the same pingpong table. But hey nothing serious so I ain't complaining.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2014-08-09 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I can imagine that is quite the calamity for one of the Queen's loyal subjects.
    Quite.

I was leisurely reading The Times, in my study, eating a scone with whipped cream and strawberries whilst enjoying the sunlight; Until a dastardly fly decided to botch the entire bloody thing!

Dived headfirst into her majesty's favored tea (Twinings, Lemon grey) and made a great deal of a mess.

Obviously i knelt before the picture of her royal highness (Which, coincidentally is mandatory in all English homes) and begged for forgiveness.

I then rectified the horrific incident by brewing yet another kettle of tea, and offering tokens to her majesty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to the beach yesterday and one of the pages of the book I was reading got a bit wet. FML.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Quite.

I was leisurely reading The Times, in my study, eating a scone with whipped cream and strawberries whilst enjoying the sunlight; Until a dastardly fly decided to botch the entire bloody thing!

Dived headfirst into her majesty's favored tea (Twinings, Lemon grey) and made a great deal of a mess.

Obviously i knelt before the picture of her royal highness (Which, coincidentally is mandatory in all English homes) and begged for forgiveness.
    You Son of a Seafaring Ogre, now I'm hungry for scones and strawberries.

If you crashed a motorbike and were fit to drive less than a week later you are one of the luckiest people alive. Of course, it might indicate that you weren't as fit to drive as you thought you were, and are therefore even more lucky to not be dead.

Deleted
    You Son of a Seafaring Ogre, now I'm hungry for scones and strawberries.
    Don't worry old boy, it's not like you're missing anything delicious.

I'm living in the suburbs 15 minutes north of Seattle....there are simply no good bakeries of the quality I'm used to from Europe.

No decent scones.
    No decent cakes.
    No decent baklava.
    No decent galaktoboureko.
    No good kataifi.
    No good Black Forest gâteau. Oh how I miss Black Forest Cake...

I can get decent croissants from a local Austrian coffee shop, but that's about it.

I'm stuck surrounded by poptarts, toaster strudels, McDonalds, and bland, nameless multitudes of Vietnamese and Thai takeouts.

I wanna live in England...seriously, EXTREME Anglophile here and the thought of scones with clotted cream and jam just makes it worse...T.T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I wanna live in England...seriously, EXTREME Anglophile here and the thought of scones with clotted cream and jam just makes it worse...T.T
    You can make scones, even I can do that, and buy the cream and jam.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really, got a bunch of scars and had a near-death when I almost slid off a mountain cliff, but everything's ended up fine Most recent was two weeks ago though, small diving accident where I broke a bit off my front tooth and got some deep cuts on my shoulder. No long-term damage though!

Deleted
    Have you considered just sticking with public transportation? Are you in the US? Were both vehicles insured? If so that will probably hurt your premiums.
    Public transportation isn't an option due to living in the countryside, and me being a CRPS patient, walking aggravates my neural pains massively.
    Not in the US, bike was insured, car was not, but the car cost about 300e anyway so sod that.

Gnolp and Butler Log have successfully convinced me that I may be more lucky than unlucky, considering the circumstances. I do have wrecked ligaments in my neck, hairline fractures on my hip and ofc 2 concussions, one for each accident, but in the big picture (being alive) I guess it ain't too shabby.

Whenever i play the lottery i NEVER win .... its the worst