Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Are we able to buy 550 pvp gear for honor anytime soon?

I think we are far beyond the point that the current honor gear (i522) is of any use.
    Mains are decked out in 550 gear and alts have to buy boosts in 2v2 to get some gear.

Any chance we are going to be able to buy 550 gear for honor soon?
    I remember that we could also buy the latest pvp gear for honor in the final months of Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, I don't see Prideful being changed to Honor until the season ends in 6.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I highly doubt it. They seem content to let arena players and even raiders be better in battlegrounds than people who play battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I highly doubt it. They seem content to let arena players and even raiders be better in battlegrounds than people who play battlegrounds.
    You can get Conquest gear from Celestials, and BG give you Conquest as well. Anyone who has done BGs for a few weeks will have a few pieces of gear. And anyone who has done enough BGs to have full Honor gear will also have some pieces of Conquest. The Conquest cap for those who do regular BGs is the same as the one for those who arenas.

And really, the problem with BGs right now are more about completely ungeared characters joining and essentially making the experience harder for everyone.

Deleted
    probably not. I hope they make a conquest buff tho, like the valor buff...

After WoD prepatch yes
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    You can get Conquest gear from Celestials, and BG give you Conquest as well. Anyone who has done BGs for a few weeks will have a few pieces of gear. And anyone who has done enough BGs to have full Honor gear will also have some pieces of Conquest. The Conquest cap for those who do regular BGs is the same as the one for those who arenas.

And really, the problem with BGs right now are more about completely ungeared characters joining and essentially making the experience harder for everyone.
    And you would suggest ungeared players get geared how? Random battlegrounds are for gearing in preparation for Rated Battlegrounds and Arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    And you would suggest ungeared players get geared how? Random battlegrounds are for gearing in preparation for Rated Battlegrounds and Arenas.
    Any person who likes BGs and do them regularly would be full Conquest by now if they have been playing since the start of the season. Why can't those people keep enjoying BGs?

As for gearing, keep doing BGs, do some dungeons and convert Justice to Honor, do the Isle of Thunder PvP dailies, kill Krasarang rares, do Tol Barad/Winterspring for extra honor. Kill Celestials weekly. You can equip Trinkets, Weapon and some set pieces in less than 3 days if you are serious enough. Then do BGs regularly to keep getting Honor and Conquest. You could be full Honor em 2 weeks, with maybe 2 (or even 3, if you lucky in Celestials) Conquest pieces.

And that's not counting doing some arena 2x2 here and there to boost Conquest gain.

It's VERY easy to gear up nowadays, but you do need time and patience.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2014-08-09 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Any person who likes BGs and do them regularly would be full Conquest by now if they have been playing since the start of the season. Why can't those people keep enjoying BGs?
    They can, it's called RBGs.

Also people who like doing bgs also have alts, or just start playing later in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    They can, it's called RBGs.
    Only if you find other 9 people that like PvP and can do it in the same hours as you.
    I'm not so lucky, for instance.

Also people who like doing bgs also have alts, or just start playing later in the expansion.
    I've equiped my Ret Paladin, Holy Priest, MM Hunter and more recently I'm gearing up my Destro Warlock for PvP this season. I've done some arenas and very few RBGs, but do mostly BGs. There's no excuse, if you want to gear up, you can gear up pretty quickly.

I won't stop playing BGs once I am fully geared just because someone is not willing to do what it takes to gear up.

Idd, gearing up an alt is the biggest pain in an ass ever. Either pay a fortune or go through the mind numbing routine of - Do Bgs, hope your team actually wants to win and doesn't just farm HKs and that they're also just better than the other team, get full honor gear - Step into arena while quite undergeared with a friend who is also potentially undergeared, lose hundreds of games to people that you wouldn't have beat with proper gear on top of the games you lose because, you know, they actually out-played you - Finally get geared. Whole process if you do it the way it's intended to be done without getting boosted can seriously take weeks even if you play the game a lot.

Low geared PvP can help improve you though, it teaches you how to survive on the class much better than you would if you just one shot everyone straight away, so there are definitely pro's - But it's incredibly frustrating to just die to classes like boomkins or ele shamans whenever you're doing all that there is in your power to shut them down but they just outheal you and gradually (or quickly) tick away at you with dots and insta casts (starsurge/Lava surge is incredibly BS when you're undergeared)
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2014-08-09 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Idd, gearing up an alt is the biggest pain in an ass ever. Either pay a fortune or go through the mind numbing routine of - Do Bgs, hope your team actually wants to win and doesn't just farm HKs and that they're also just better than the other team, get full honor gear - Step into arena while quite undergeared with a friend who is also potentially undergeared, lose hundreds of games to people that you wouldn't have beat with proper gear on top of the games you lose because, you know, they actually out-played you - Finally get geared. Whole process if you do it the way it's intended to be done without getting boosted can seriously take weeks even if you play the game a lot.
    Nowadays you can get quite a lot of Honor per day without even steping into a BG.

Krasarang rares give 825 Honor per day.
    Isle of Thunder daily PvP quests reward 525 Honor, 50 Conquest per day.
    There are Winterspring dailies, which I don't know how much they reward you because I haven't done them (didn't feel the need)
    9 Dungeon bosses give enought Justice to be traded for 500 Honor. No limit per day.

Are they boring? Yes, they are. But I usually do not do them as a sole mean of gearing up. I do them between BGs, so they are actually a nice boost to Honor. The IoT dailies also give 50 COnquest, which mean 350 free conquest per week, in addition to any you may get from BGs. Also, Celestial kills can reward you with Conquest gear if you are lucky.

I wish the 27K CP achievement applied to all characters. I can't even stand to grind out honor gear on my alts because the 522 gear is just worthless. However, this wouldn't be such a big issue if Blizzard didn't make the gap between 522 and 550 so large.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    I wish the 27K CP achievement applied to all characters.
    Now THAT would be great!

For some classes its pointless anyway to be able to buy the conquest gear for honor when you get the achiev because they pretty much buy the same gear for all specs (some accessories aside).

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think we are far beyond the point that the current honor gear (i522) is of any use.
    Mains are decked out in 550 gear and alts have to buy boosts in 2v2 to get some gear.

Any chance we are going to be able to buy 550 gear for honor soon?
    I remember that we could also buy the latest pvp gear for honor in the final months of Cataclysm.
    You know honestly you don't have to buy boosts in 2v2 to gear and I'll explain why. To start off about me I'm not even a 1550 player, I have NEVER gotten into PvP ever in WoW. I main a mage/warlock in semi high end raiding. I gathered something like 8 thousand conquest on my 512 ilvl frost dk that I have virtually no clue how to play by playing with my resto shaman friend on her alt rogue that also has no PvP experience or gear in 2 to 3 hours by going in popping every offensive/defensive CD and attacking someone until they died or we died. We more or less split games at like 800 rating. If we can do that anyone can.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-08-09 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    You know honestly you don't have to buy boosts in 2v2 to gear and I'll explain why. To start off about me I'm not even a 1550 player, I have NEVER gotten into PvP ever in WoW. I main a mage/warlock in semi high end raiding. I gathered something like 8 thousand conquest on my 512 ilvl frost dk that I have virtually no clue how to play by playing with my resto shaman friend on her alt rogue that also has no PvP experience or gear in 2 to 3 hours by going in popping every offensive/defensive CD and attacking someone until they died or we died. We more or less split games at like 800 rating. If we can do that anyone can.
    This.

IMHO, people should stop whining and be grateful that there even is a catch-up system in the first place.

Deleted
    In one week I got full honor gear on my war + 12k conquest just doing TB, WG, some BG before stepping into arena with ungeared friends (mainly in 2s). Nothing hard in stuffing an alt from scratch. However it takes either a lil bit of time or to explore the 500 rating range.

I wish the 27K CP achievement applied to all characters. I can't even stand to grind out honor gear on my alts because the 522 gear is just worthless. However, this wouldn't be such a big issue if Blizzard didn't make the gap between 522 and 550 so large.

Oh man that would be lovely for all my alts.. i got bored after 4 geared pvp characters. >.>

Would be nice, but Holinka has said repeatedly that they won't be doing that. Not allowed to transfer CP or HP, despite HP not being an issue at all, which would imply they're not going to implement a bonus CP system.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    This, repeated.

Get oQueue, make a 2v2 premade with no requirements, go die.
    Sometimes you'll meet naked people who are tanking raiding, sometimes a DC, sometimes an empty arena.
    It's never been easier to get conquest.

If you scrape together 7250 honor via PvE (all of the previously mentioned ways + converting justice), you stand more than a fighting chance at 800 rating.

When I'm gearing new characters for PvE (I know, heresy!), I go for the 550 conquest weapon over a 540 flex weapon via disastrous oQueue flex groups. Yes, it's eventually 6 ilevels worse, but it's a LOT less painful to get - and have no silly ilevel requirements you need to meet.
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2014-08-11 at 12:41 PM.