Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    If we take as rule that new Lich King has to meditate for at least 5 years after coronation, then Bolvar should be awakened approximately on February 2015, which is probably 6.1 or 6.2

And even if Blizzard decides to not touch that untill next addon, it would be dissappointing to have Bolvar asleep for 7+ years.

P.S. I believe so because time in Azeroth follows real time IIRC and Lich King died in February 2010.

What do you think about that? They have created another version in this addon, would it be fitting to have new Northrend in next one?

Mistake in title: Half a year. Not 1 year.
    time in wow does not follow real time. every expansion is a year. only 6 years will have passed by the end of warlords of draenor compared to the 12 or so years in real time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think we'll meet him in the last expansion (when we fight biiiig bad demon for the last time) demons will invade, ppl will start running and screaming omg omg the sky is falling, then Tirion will be like "psst psst, hey you, yes you, come here - remember when LK died? well there is something you must know..." then we'll do looong quest chain to get to him and say - hey dude wake up we need your dead army to distract big baddie or something like that.
    My mind has left, my body follows

Quote Originally Posted by Gisen View Post
    I think the idea is that while they are under the lich kings control it only stops them form going rampart across the lands, it doesn't stop them from being hostile to anything approaching them.
    bolvar doesnt have control over any scourge outside of northrend he also doesnt have any control over the cult of the damned (since they were still living) and their own personally raised undead
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    bolvar doesnt have control over any scourge outside of northrend he also doesnt have any control over the cult of the damned (since they were still living) and their own personally raised undead
    Well yeah, those aren't scourge, but he should still control any scourge outside of northrend but I doubt theres any left.

Quote Originally Posted by Gisen View Post
    Well yeah, those aren't scourge, but he should still control any scourge outside of northrend but I doubt theres any left.
    he doesnt, metzen said just like how the forsaken broke free when ner'zhul was losing power all the scourge outside northrend broke free when we defeated arthas and bolvar is still new and doesnt have full control over even the scourge in northrend yet

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    he doesnt, metzen said just like how the forsaken broke free when ner'zhul was losing power all the scourge outside northrend broke free when we defeated arthas and bolvar is still new and doesnt have full control over even the scourge in northrend yet
    Thats what I thought. So where are all these scourge then running rampant?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Thats what I thought. So where are all these scourge then running rampant?
    Full control presumably meaning "I can tell them not to do that but not to jump into a volcano", not "I only control half of them".

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope he stays forgotten and presumed dead.

Don't want no crap LK stuff again.

Deleted
    You have to remember, there are still a lot of the cult of the damned roaming around. Who do necromancy and shit. They reanimate corpses and build up small armies that the new lich king cant control. Mostly because he has not fully integrated into the role. So thats why there are small portions of undead and their human "Mothers" and "Fathers" around that on a daily basis reanimate the fallen. And they usually hide their role of a cult member (Which makes sense) so the undead is still there, and its still being built up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    If we take as rule that new Lich King has to meditate for at least 5 years after coronation, then Bolvar should be awakened approximately on February 2015, which is probably 6.1 or 6.2

And even if Blizzard decides to not touch that untill next addon, it would be dissappointing to have Bolvar asleep for 7+ years.

P.S. I believe so because time in Azeroth follows real time IIRC and Lich King died in February 2010.

What do you think about that? They have created another version in this addon, would it be fitting to have new Northrend in next one?

Mistake in title: Half a year. Not 1 year.
    It was under 5 years game time for Arthas. So far it's only been 3 years game time (late 27 at end of ICC to late 30 atm) for Bolvar and he's had a tough time adjusting; he'll probably have to remain dormant for longer than Arthas. Each expansion takes place over the course of a year (except Cata which was 2), so we're still another expansion out at least after WoD if we go by your rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was Arthas even dormant because he was learning to use his powers?

The vibe I got from Rise of the Lich King was that he was dormant because the last vestiges of his humanity was trying to convince him to stop, and Ner'zhul was persuading him to merge with him and 'kill' his humanity. Nothing about him acclimatising to being the new Lich King.

And why would he? He consumed Ner'zhul and Ner'zhuls memories, meaning he would have had the previous Lich Kings knowledge on how to utilise his power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Well, first of all I wouldn't think the game events are tied in with real-life time at all. But even assuming there is a relation.

(Im guessing you're mentioning 5 years because that's how long it took from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne to Wrath of the Lich King?)

There is no reason to assume there is a rule that every Lich King has to meditate 5 years. Simply because lorewise, when Arthas "merged" with the Lich King, a part of his former human (childhood innocence and stuff) still remained. That's why the Lich King was "meditating", or simply, "inactive". 5 years is just the time it took for the Lich King to take over Arthas' last shreds of humanity and therefore become "active" again.

Bolvar could have taken 1 year to give in to the Lich King. Or it can take 10 years, or it may never happen. Bolvar merged with the Lich King in a totally different way than Arthas, so different results are to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    It was already stupid to "require" a Lich King in the first place.
    Why do you say that?

From my understanding, a "Lich King" is "required" because THE Lich King is not a physical being of sorts. It's an entity created by the Burning Legion, attatched to the helm, to punish Ner'zhul for pursuing escape from Draenor. If you take what happened in Artha's dream (form the book Rise of the Lich King) literally, then Athas took control. But it was a dream, and in my opinion metaphoric. The very reason we HAD to go "kill" the "Lich King", was because it had taken control and became active. (Yet already in Northrend there are some queues which leads us to believe some part of Ner'zhul still lingers). We killed Arthas. I do NOT believe we destroyed the Lich King, and nothing would have changed if Bolvar didn't put on that crown.

Just like how the scourge was very active before Arthas put the crown on, and then became dormant until Arthas gave in

It sure was not very well explained though, I feel you there. And even if you read all there is to read about it, you might have a different interpretation/opinion, and I respect that ofc.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember kids, 1 occurrence is not a Pattern.

10+ Year Old Account
    But isn't Warcraft time much faster. Aren't we like 10 years ahead since wotlk or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Honestly I think Arthas just forgot to set his alarm clock and Kel'Thuzad thought he looked too cute lying there to disturb him.

Sure, I'd love to kill Bolvar again.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    But isn't Warcraft time much faster. Aren't we like 10 years ahead since wotlk or something?
    Depends. Time in the RTS was much faster than IRL. All the events of WoW and its expansions up till now have only taken place over 6 years.

I'm sure Blizzard has plenty of ideas that are a lot more exciting than "Wrath of the New Lich King"

10+ Year Old Account
    In order to be awaken, one has to actually be asleep in the first place......
    Bolvar doesn't sleep. He's the lich king now, and controls the scourge.
    The story doesn't need any continuation at all. It has a "logic" finishing.

The Lich King was unable to break Bolvar. Despite of supernatural torture and pain, the will of Bolvar could not be broken. The Light protected him from that fate.
    His body became almost useless, and definitely useless for worldly manners as a paladin. And yet it's still functional enough to serve it's masters mind.
    Arthas lost that connection to the light, long before he was wearing the crown. Bolvar uses the crown to control the scourge, with himself being protected by the light.

Could the story be twisted around and make a 180 degree turn into the opposite direction? Of course, it's at the discretion of the story writers to expand the story.
    But in a way, expanding the Lich Kings story to a return of the evil entity, that would probably be the biggest rehash of a content theme so far in the game.
    And WoW offers plenty of story to be told, that hasn't been told at all yet in the game.
    The game doesn't need a return of the Lich King as a foe.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Hecz View Post
    I'm sure Blizzard has plenty of ideas that are a lot more exciting than "Wrath of the New Lich King"
    Yeah, it's not like they're resorting to alternate timelines to recycle old material or something.

Oh wait...