2.1 Release Day Speculation

I've really wanted to start playing some D3 again lately but wanted to wait till 2.1 came out so I could start fresh with a ladder toon. With RoS coming to consoles on the 19th, I feel and hope that there is a good chance that 2.1 could coincide with it.

Just wanted to know if anybody knew anything further or when you guys expect it to come out.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Follow the PTR, when it's done you know the patch is around the corner.

well i'm in the same boat. and hoped for the 19th. but less then a week on the till 19th so there goes my hope

Deleted
    26th was my guess like a months ago, but it's starting to fade away like a fart in the wind.

Well, 2.0 was announced like 2 days before it would have hit the live servers

Anyway PTR is still up, though last build seems more a tuning than actual changes. Maybe we're nearing the release date.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, 2.0 was announced like 2 days before it would have hit the live servers

Anyway PTR is still up, though last build seems more a tuning than actual changes. Maybe we're nearing the release date.
    This is what i was thinking aswell. Just minor class changes. Like a final pass over the classes before release. But i could be wrong

Hopefully before the year ends, it feels like its been on the PTR for months with no end in sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aug 26th one week after console launch they aren't going to drop both on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Aug 26th one week after console launch they aren't going to drop both on the same day.
    That's what I assume, I was hoping it'd be mid-august, but the console version isn't shipping with it, it's only going to have 2.0.5 and a day 1 patch to 2.0.6. So...I'd guess the 26th, with the console release a week or so later, maybe even the same day.

I would like to think it would drop on the first Tuesday of September but probably not. Highly doubt it will come this month but who knows.

I think there was a steam today, one of the guys said "couple of weeks"

They need to wait a while longer IMO, they have serious work to do on legendary gems, they keep changing them, making them useless and the fact that 99% of people are going to hit the greater rift wall at level 40 (people with really good gear), I don't see the point in the additional 60 levels very few people will ever see...They totally ignored tons of peoples advice on how to make them harder without retarded HP/damage scaling

GRs are suppose to be end game now aren't they? well it only lasts 40 levels and most of those levels are skipped, this patch needs more work

You have to wait at least 8 weeks after the console versions.

No one will buy the console versions if 2.1 is released now.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    You have to wait at least 8 weeks after the console versions.

No one will buy the console versions if 2.1 is released now.
    Except is already confirmed to be out in August. Which ends in 2 weeks today