7+ Year Old Account
    New Article up on my Blog: Warriors to the Rescue: Stances and Off-Tanking
    Happy to hear feedback from you, also feedback welcome @StoicWoW on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by nenwavriana View Post
    Celestalon said that the new charge will be a 99.99% snare to prevent that issue. CBA to find the tweet, it was a while ago. You won't be oneshotting yourself with charge, though.
    The root charge is 100% a PVP balance issue. They already said that they were fixing the issue were rooted mobs not in range of their highest aggro preferring closest target was something they fixed in like, closed alpha or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    The root charge is 100% a PVP balance issue. They already said that they were fixing the issue were rooted mobs not in range of their highest aggro preferring closest target was something they fixed in like, closed alpha or whatever.
    Well that's good news, at least for raids where it's possible but more importantly I think in challenge mode content - I never knew they made that change but I'm very happy about it.

So the general concept of "charge weaving" is HL out, charge back in and you'd only do that when you have both or is it actually a reasonable idea to run out and charge in? It sounds odd - I watched you a little on your stream the other day but the only time I caught it was after a leap out and charge in.

I'm not averse to it, since it's at least SOMETHING to do but I can't say I've mastered the concept in my head (mostly because I see math involved with the whole idea of running out if HL is on CD)
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

If you track your swing timer (which you should) you can time it so that you run out, then charge back, without losing any rage from melee swings, and no dps from delaying CS or MS. You can still use WW while you're out of melee range as it has quite a long range.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

I was dicking around during raid practicing weaving and you can definitely waddle out and charge in before your next swing, unless my swing timer is off. With the vagaries of tanking though, ymmv depending how fucking aids your tank drags shit around, in which case leaping would be used.

This was done with 3.13 swing time.

Attack Speed aura and 1,289 haste.

Deleted
    So if charge weaving makes it live as a DPS gain, we have another reason not to go near haste? or at least not enough haste to make running out between auto attacks difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Roar View Post
    So if charge weaving makes it live as a DPS gain, we have another reason not to go near haste? or at least not enough haste to make running out between auto attacks difficult?
    Crit's value is actually the one that is hurt the most from charge weaving. It's generally still the best stat, but it starts to lose effectiveness around 25%.

Deleted
    Ah of course, due to the rage gains from crit on AA? I swear the more I learn about where we are heading the less I want to know! I really do hope we see something positive in tuning.

Which addon on the beta can track warrior swings?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
    Which addon on the beta can track warrior swings?
    You can use weakauras to track it. Here's one that does so.

Code:
    dGJNcaGlePTbuZurQ5Qiz2O4BQQdlyNIYEj7ws7hr8te1WePFlI)srdvr0GPQy4uvDqQkzzQ0Xa5Ci1cvHwQkYIfslNspurLNc9yH45uzIkQAQQYKrPPR0fve6QuvQll11ryJiPTQO0MPW2rINPWxve8zq9DvuNgvNuOA0az8QGlPO4waCnjoVqzCIQPrvUnGwq6jKlmEDBRrispv85iNHtfpBwt8CIL18cYCYzNCEBORjweYCEZuisJY4xOtOf8xiqHScz1t4bYggUEvgaObPJ8)n9NoGUfHXiBy46vza(5KoOPPtVdVXVi0iPUuzcWoHK99B64ztu4A5WWTvpHBm)Tq3gwcNqIAtPRRWaXMiKW1M8kL26AfvytPRRq8mVctIppoW2kKW1Mev(QJcjCTjOqLvhfckuzfcmWRAfgnyNlHjXQNYGevW5q)l0OugL887pxgakdLDfvWGtl3pTxz49b)VEYaqzOSHOc(wUPLcDzCPtZHsLbGYqRqqnhg0kQ)8CO7G(xk37hYlxga8OfYKey1tiHRnRbGTIk0MW06jeibZY1tRwHeU2mctW50rHrycoNEcD8kmtlCc(60P4KpPvRqELsBDTok02W8K6lM)wyGWgIgScdSS8LNudmMRLdd3wNEAfU9HLW2cjV2afUqwUZpti2RpSN4WGwHZeriNviEMxHjXNhhyBjXNRWZC2fKO6v(dAWJYG(Nstx8KbappHvcGplhgUToLbjKL78ZeI96d70TXkCMiAfsrzqEqPALa

They should just make up their minds. Right now rage dosen't even feel relevant for arms...it's just there.

Make rage generation spikey and random, through multistrike and aa crits, this sorta kinda already exsists, maybe add a generator to MS again too.
    Have a high cost dump(slam) and a low cost dump(op), low cost having higher damage per rage, a very simple rage management system.....not too far from MoP's :x

Oh, and inb4 we use the ww range glyph so we can safely ww while running out to charge back in z.z

I will cry manly warrior tears filled with heroic strike if charge weaving goes live as the optimal way to play

inb4 charge generates no rage but to compensate we swing for 50/100
    Last edited by Jalopy; 2014-08-17 at 01:49 AM.

Only out of combat charges generate rage? Only +20y charges generate rage? Once per combat cycle? Only if you have zero rage when you charge? I can only come up with stupid shit.

I honestly don't see how they'll fix this, if it becomes an issues. No rage at all from charge will never happen, I might not have alot of faith in the current warrior design, but I don't see the fix being that extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Neehs View Post
    Only out of combat charges generate rage? Only +20y charges generate rage? Once per combat cycle? Only if you have zero rage when you charge? I can only come up with stupid shit.

I honestly don't see how they'll fix this, if it becomes an issues. No rage at all from charge will never happen, I might not have alot of faith in the current warrior design, but I don't see the fix being that extreme.
    The only way to fix it is to GCD cap (or near it). Charge weaving existed before now, it just wasn't optimal because the time spent wasn't worth it. Expect it to go live. On the bright, it isn't the overwhelming increase it was prior to the recent rage changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Neehs View Post
    They should just make up their minds. Right now rage dosen't even feel relevant for arms...it's just there.

Make rage generation spikey and random, through multistrike and aa crits, this sorta kinda already exsists, maybe add a generator to MS again too.
    Have a high cost dump(slam) and a low cost dump(op), low cost having higher damage per rage, a very simple rage management system.....not too far from MoP's :x

Oh, and inb4 we use the ww range glyph so we can safely ww while running out to charge back in z.z
    RNG resource system sounds terrible.

Deleted
    Anyone knows what happened to Landsoul? He is not really posting indepth stuff since..a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bscalper View Post
    Anyone knows what happened to Landsoul? He is not really posting indepth stuff since..a long time.
    He was, at the official beta forum =)

Sudden Death is the most shitty talent ever, holy mother of christ.

I did a few 5 minute runs on the dummy.

Sometimes it was 2% of my damage (lol rng) on the other end one time it was 8% (lol rng)

Fucking awful. I will admit in general everything feels better than it did though because we have buttons to hit most of the time. But still is generally awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bscalper View Post
    He really hasn't done much warrior wise since like, mid cata if not earlier.