10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeons are easy, that's why they have to go and reduce the attunement process from silver to bronze, right

On game related news, several paths are looking to get fixes and more uses in dungeons/raids in a out of combat way. Seems another patch is planned this week or the next, most likely more fixes and no system changes still.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Dungeons are easy, that's why they have to go and reduce the attunement process from silver to bronze, right
    Random comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if Wildstar will be going ftp anytime soon? I want to play it, but Im not willing to pay a sub for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Anyone know if Wildstar will be going ftp anytime soon? I want to play it, but Im not willing to pay a sub for it.
    Nobody who would actually know has said anything about going free to play, but since ESO hasn't sunk yet, I doubt Wildstar is anywhere near doing so.

Deleted
    Well, I never understood from the very beginning why Wildstar or ESO both would go for subs, since neither felt worth it.
    I don't know how ESO is doing in terms of players and subs, but I know I got bored of the game 5 levels into beta. So not worth the horrible box cost nor sub to me. Why I didn't like it is for many reasons that probably don't need to be discussed here.
    When I first read about Wildstar, I thought obviously f2p, considering graphics mostly. Then I read it would have subfee and I really wondered why.
    However it's drought on the market of mmos, no real competition was out there when both of the game launched. So ofcourse both games went for box cost and subfee, because they could. I'm pretty sure both of them sold quite a lot. If they can, why shouldn't they? Money for nothing, everyone would take that opportunity. Question is, how long will they keep p2p-model? My first impression of Wildstar having subfee was: I will just wait until they go f2p to try it, if f2p-model is done right.

But I must confess I got a little wildstar hype from playing beta, I even changed my first opinion and considered preordering. Personally I don't have problem with subfee if I feel it's worth it, but market of today provide a lot of games in similar quality that's either f2p or b2p, so for me to feel like if a game is worth it, it must have that little extra that captures me.
    However, after Wildstar beta, I went back to life, did other things, preordering was put on hold. Game launched and I still had other things to do in life and now I'm back to: I will try it when they go f2p, if f2p-model is done right.

And here we are now, discussing the future of Wildstar. It's evident that p2p-model isn't very successful for them, but I bet they didn't mind money coming from selling the box? The tricky thing when it's quite likely a game will go from p2p to f2p, is that you won't know their business model from start. I subbed in the past to both Rift and Starwars, and Rift did it right while they took a big dump on starwars as a game. I have played Rift f2p, but I more and more realise I will never touch starwars ever. I liked both games, pretty much equally when they had subfee.
    That's why I don't feel comfortable with buying a game with p2p-model that very much likely will convert to f2p-model at a later stage. Because f2p-models can be done horrible, and I can't support those kind of games and then it feels like a shame to support it from the start as well.
    So, it will be interesting to follow the future of wildstar.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Sorry for bump but this thread is lightspeed-fast, maybe got overlooked:
    There's like 3 guilds who have access to 40 man gear and Warplots are pretty much non-existant. It's hard to answer unless you're in one of those guilds, but considering that the raid itemization is quite lacking, I doubt you are in any risk of raiders joining bg's and dominating them.

Maybe with the itemization buff in Drop 3, as well attunement change, "the floodgates will open" and all them filthy casuals will be farming 40 mans, this gear will mater. Warplots are still dead outside *maybe* specific servers organizing them once in a week. I think this was a thing on forum, though I'm not sure if it's still going.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Nobody who would actually know has said anything about going free to play, but since ESO hasn't sunk yet, I doubt Wildstar is anywhere near doing so.
    ESO had like 750k subscribers at last report. Sure it'll probably lose most of them and become just another broken-down F2P whore of an MMO soon enough, but for now Wildstar seems to be winning the race to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    However it's drought on the market of mmos, no real competition was out there when both of the game launched.
    Arche Age and EQ Next are going to try the sandbox thing, and if those flop like everything else then that's basically the end of the line for the MMO genre. I don't even know of any other MMOs in development except for those two, and a bunch of indie/crowdfunded shit that's doomed to fail.

Dying genre.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Please stop bringing up other games in this thread. It's like, the go to strategy for some odd reason.
    2) Especially don't do it when you are disproving yourself. ESO sold far more boxes than Wildstar, was in production for a little less time, and yeah... completely irrelevant regardless of those factors because they aren't the same game.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    ESO is running mainly due to Elder Scrolls fandom, something which Wildstar has none. Wildstar will hit f2p faster than ESO, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    The actual practice is irrelevant for me. In the theoratical event of a South Park-style griefer terrorising players in World PvP, would hte best gear to stop him be PvP or 40m Raiding?Gear or Raiding +
    PvP gear, there was a time when you could be better off reaching the soft caps in pvp stats and fill up the rest of your slot with PvE items, not anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Random comment.
    Was a reply to a person on the previous page.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    There's like 3 guilds who have access to 40 man gear and Warplots are pretty much non-existant. It's hard to answer unless you're in one of those guilds, but considering that the raid itemization is quite lacking, I doubt you are in any risk of raiders joining bg's and dominating them.

Maybe with the itemization buff in Drop 3, as well attunement change, "the floodgates will open" and all them filthy casuals will be farming 40 mans, this gear will mater. Warplots are still dead outside *maybe* specific servers organizing them once in a week. I think this was a thing on forum, though I'm not sure if it's still going.
    While the extra stats will make things easier on terms of dps requirements there are a few fights in there where having a full team matters more in terms of mechanics.

Obviously good geared groups are going to get dps numbers that's going trivialize some few fights, if you for example know that we can already kill kuralak before the 4th corruption cast, making you ignore the hardest bit of the fight.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    ESO is running mainly due to Elder Scrolls fandom, something which Wildstar has none. Wildstar will hit f2p faster than ESO, imo.
    I'm not sure that's enough to prop it up for any length of time. It does protect it somewhat from the problems with being a completely new IP, but it has (or had last I played it) serious playability issues that Wildstar doesn't suffer from.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure that's enough to prop it up for any length of time. It does protect it somewhat from the problems with being a completely new IP, but it has (or had last I played it) serious playability issues that Wildstar doesn't suffer from.
    It didn't help swtor in the long run, it's all down to each mmo to sort out their issues and bounce back. I'm getting a good impression carbine knows what it's doing, i can't speak for the whole player base of ESO but those i know that played it for the mass PvP already are planning or have nestled in another new mmo.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats Iseeyou on the Warpig - I'm currently using CREDD to try out each patch to see how the fixes are. Hopefully you're enjoying the PVP chnges.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It didn't help swtor in the long run
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...-mmos-decline/

"Often SWTOR is regarded as a cautionary tale in the industry in terms of bloated budgets, over-ambition and emulating competitors, but looking at the numbers, the game has evolved into a profitable enterprise for EA, and has made even its massive budget back at this point."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    ESO also has no stockholders to please. The game will stay P2P for as long as Bethesda feels they're pulling enough profit to justify the sub model.

just have to say that housing in this game is freaking awesome. EQ landmark is the only thing that comes close to the fun. and that game is freaking awesome with the features as well.
    i only write this cuz i jumped on beta for WoD and garrisons are just lacking. they are pretty but lack flavor, fun and any real kind of customization. 95% of garrisons will all the look same in the end, that makes for a pretty bad housing experience imo.

Want to get back into this game.

Bought it in June, tried to play it for a week, apparently my AMD graphics card cannot play it.
    They then released a patch for the game a little bit after to improve AMD FPS, I tried it and still didnt work.

Can anyone say if framerates have gotten better?
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    just have to say that housing in this game is freaking awesome. EQ landmark is the only thing that comes close to the fun. and that game is freaking awesome with the features as well.
    i only write this cuz i jumped on beta for WoD and garrisons are just lacking. they are pretty but lack flavor, fun and any real kind of customization. 95% of garrisons will all the look same in the end, that makes for a pretty bad housing experience imo.
    Garrisons aren't housing -- they're bases of operation ala Warcraft III. They're more like Hytbold in LotRO than housing in other MMOs.

But yeah, housing is one of the things WS got right. It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Can't confirm personally, but I'd imagine it has. I can't think of many MMO's that don't improve performance over time, especially in the months following launch. They get a ton of data about performance from that window that let's them optimize the game on a ton of setups far better.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Can't say they did after launch, no. Maybe in last month, when I already wasn't playing. But it never was too bad for me to begin with (ati hd 6970).